Local 2727 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

geneva54

Good. At least the NMB has some common sense.

It you happy with the current situation, why did you vote to strike? That makes no sense. Also, if you think the company will change their position in the future... keep dreaming.

Your statement makes no sense. The current situation is that we are not paying for health care. The strike vote is because the comppany is trying to take things away from the current situation

Also someone is trying to tie a strike and new contract with people getting laid off...............what does that have to do with layoffs? We could get a brand new contract and the company can still lay people off.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
How much did it cost UPS to get the NMB to side with them? Spirit Pilots make double what the mechanics do, but they got released?

Glad we got Obama in there who is supposed to be on the side of the unions.

It's funny that people comment that aircraft mechanics make too much money, what about the drivers? $31/hr to drive a truck? FedEx drivers get $26/hr. I'm not saying that you shouldn't fight for what you can get, don't get me wrong, but don't say we make too much money! If we pay for health insurance, you will pay for health insurance and someone that is part-time might as well go on welfare!

I think it's time to lay off another 100 mechanics. People that say, "no big deal, we can wait another year for a contract", tick me off!!! I know people that I have worked with that are laid off now with families and no insurance, quit being selfish and fight for your brothers & sisters. Because times are good for you, doesn't mean it's good for the 150 that are laid off. Whomever said they can wait another year for a contract, "pays good, free healthcare", I hope you are one of the 100 that are about to get laid off! It's time to think of someone other than yourselves and stick together. YOU COULD BE NEXT!!!

This "Fight" mentality is excatly why people hate unions so much. I. for one, do not care to put my money into a company with a union with this type of attitude.
Also, paying for health care is a means to make people think twice before running to the ER because their kids has a runny nose. EVERYONE understands that. Everyone except greedy airline mechanics at UPS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

fxdwg, co-pays are what keep people from running to the ER as if it were their family doctor. We are talking about paying part of the monthly premium.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
fxdwg, co-pays are what keep people from running to the ER as if it were their family doctor. We are talking about paying part of the monthly premium.

I agree, but paying part of the premium may get people thinking about how to drive down overall costs.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
This "Fight" mentality is excatly why people hate unions so much. I. for one, do not care to put my money into a company with a union with this type of attitude.
Also, paying for health care is a means to make people think twice before running to the ER because their kids has a runny nose. EVERYONE understands that. Everyone except greedy airline mechanics at UPS.
I believe the exact opposite to be true.
As I stated in an earlier post on another topic, I for one would be more likely to "run" to the doctor more quickly if I had already paid for the insurance(if I am paying for it I may as well use all of it I can). On the other hand if I pay nothing for insurance but have a $50 copay I would think twice before going to the doctor every time my tummy hurt!!

Fur-low

Anchorage caught short of fuel

04-Jun-2010
AIRFREIGHT’S sudden recovery has caught Anchorage Airport by surprise, resulting in a shortage of fuel for freighters.

Now demand is back up and freighters, hungry from their trans-Pacific flights, are landing to refuel.

“Now that the economy appears to be recovering, people are buying things and they're being shipped through here,” SO WHAT DO YOU DO IN A CASE LIKE THIS????....... LAY OFF YOUR PILOTS & MECHANICS & PARK AIRCRAFT!!!!

Obi-Wan

As I stated in an earlier post on another topic, I for one would be more likely to "run" to the doctor more quickly if I had already paid for the insurance(if I am paying for it I may as well use all of it I can). On the other hand if I pay nothing for insurance but have a $50 copay I would think twice before going to the doctor every time my tummy hurt!!

Excellent point!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The co-pays are not going anywhere. Add those to paying for a portion of your healthcare and let us know if you will still "run" to the doctor for the sniffles.

Obi-Wan

The NBM wanted a phone poll and got it. If you want answers as to why we didn't get released, give Patricia * a call. I'm sure she has plenty of time to talk, now that we are on recess.

Last edited by a moderator:

brownone

Anchorage caught short of fuel

04-Jun-2010
AIRFREIGHT’S sudden recovery has caught Anchorage Airport by surprise, resulting in a shortage of fuel for freighters.

Now demand is back up and freighters, hungry from their trans-Pacific flights, are landing to refuel.

“Now that the economy appears to be recovering, people are buying things and they're being shipped through here,” SO WHAT DO YOU DO IN A CASE LIKE THIS????....... LAY OFF YOUR PILOTS & MECHANICS & PARK AIRCRAFT!!!!

Is the economy really taking off? The over all market and jobs report that came out on Friday would say no. If you are a pilot who was affected by the furlough, I feel for you and your family. Could it be that UPS is correct with this action plan? We have drivers who have been displaced and we reduced the Management ranks as well this year. UPS vision could be better than that of competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.