Local 804 Drivers Walked Out

804brown

When I look at the whole thing, it looks like a real slap in the face to local 804 and their e-board. Yes, 250 hourly got their jobs back which is fantastic, but the price was high. 2 week unpaid suspension, living in the high rent area of New York, UPS wins. The local has to reimburse all moneys lost due to the work stoppage, UPS wins. UPS calms the fears of the city and stops any action by political entities to penalize the company, UPS wins. The beloved BA is banned from UPS property, UPS wins. The conditions that started the whole process are still in place in every building, no commitment that the company has to change its ways, UPS wins. Ups has put the fear of termination into every job action nationwide, UPS wins. UPS is in better shape in every way than before the job action. That's 6 wins to one for the Teamsters, and the blame is going to be placed directly on the L804 board and their agents.
Also Article 18 lost too. I guess whoever negotiated this settlement just erased Art 18 of our supplement.
Or maybe the real lesson in this is next time, if a building does pull an action like this, they get the support of their ENTIRE local and shut down the ENTIRE operation of the local.

stink219

When I look at the whole thing, it looks like a real slap in the face to local 804 and their e-board. Yes, 250 hourly got their jobs back which is fantastic, but the price was high. 2 week unpaid suspension, living in the high rent area of New York, UPS wins. The local has to reimburse all moneys lost due to the work stoppage, UPS wins. UPS calms the fears of the city and stops any action by political entities to penalize the company, UPS wins. The beloved BA is banned from UPS property, UPS wins. The conditions that started the whole process are still in place in every building, no commitment that the company has to change its ways, UPS wins. Ups has put the fear of termination into every job action nationwide, UPS wins. UPS is in better shape in every way than before the job action. That's 6 wins to one for the Teamsters, and the blame is going to be placed directly on the L804 board and their agents.
Or you can look at it like the union got 251 wins to UPS' 6?

Sent using the conscience of Local 251

member6045

Ummm...actually, I think it's O'Brien. Anyway, why don't you run your suggestion by the Local 804 Executive Board? That would be the appropriate venue for such a request. And I'm sure that they've already considered your repeated calls for their resignation. Hey! Bring member 6045 and not a brain in his head<<<oops, I mean not what i voted for>>>with you. And good luck with that!

Thanks pumpkin head!!

Come on son!

Jungle boy dee

Screenshot_2014-04-10-16-16-19.png Maspeth ny got our 1st terminated driver G.Reyes reinstated.....thx to hall n the e board tgif lets drink up!!! Come to queens ny hopefully u wont go missing or end up in the flushing bay .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-10-16-16-19.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-10-16-16-19.png
    108.7 KB · Views: 121

Jungle boy dee

Screenshot_2014-04-10-16-16-19.png

Stratocaster

Thanks for the insight. I needed to here management's position on things.

Sent from my PC36100 using BrownCafe mobile app

Jungle boy dee

251 back to work....know your facts and manager In Maspeth got sent home. Karma is a sweet b#/^&;%

Jungle boy dee

Screenshot_2014-04-10-16-16-19.png Backing up our brother.....nyc 804 brothers stand up...dm and supervisor were hiding from ibt when they showed up lol punks!!!! hall n executive wil be back to check up on Maspeth building.........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

View attachment 12443 Backing up our brother.....nyc 804 brothers stand up...dm and supervisor were hiding from ibt when they showed up lol punks!!!! hall n executive wil be back to check up on Maspeth building.........

What good would have come if the DM and supervisor in question had shown their faces when the Hall and his entourage showed up? It would have added to an already explosive situation.

Jungle boy dee

What good would have come if the DM and supervisor in question had shown their faces when the Hall and his entourage showed up? It would have added to an already explosive situation.
The funny thing is that all supps n management where there Thursday and Friday and I heard they were m.i.a they in the room upstairs. ..punks!!!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The funny thing is that all supps n management where there Thursday and Friday and I heard they were m.i.a they in the room upstairs. ..punks!!!!

I ask again----what good would have possibly come had they chosen to show their faces? That was a Union moment and they knew full well that it was best to let the Union have their moment.

Jungle boy dee

I ask again----what good would have possibly come had they chosen to show their faces? That was a Union moment and they knew full well that it was best to let the Union have their moment.
They afraid of ibt plain n simple all management were their all week when drivers came in from their route. Then ibt came they disappeared like roaches when the lights turn on.......it was funny!!!! Local 804 all day:)