Local Elections

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So our local elections are happening now. You must be present at a union meeting to vote. This just seems like a bad deal with everything going on. The obvious is covid. You are really going to make people show up in a small room together to vote?

Second I see this as an easy way for those currently holding office to intimidate

Plus just the simple fact that people cant always make it to meetings. Especially those on weeknights if you are a driver.

Is this how other local elections are done? do you do vote by mail like the national?

542thruNthru

So our local elections are happening now. You must be present at a union meeting to vote. This just seems like a bad deal with everything going on. The obvious is covid. You are really going to make people show up in a small room together to vote?

Second I see this as an easy way for those currently holding office to intimidate

Plus just the simple fact that people cant always make it to meetings. Especially those on weeknights if you are a driver.

Is this how other local elections are done? do you do vote by mail like the national?
Ours was by mail. Voting in person at the local hall seems a little ridiculous in this day and age. Especially when some members like @scooby0048 are 6 hours away from local.

Though it may actually have to do with your bylaws. Also elections are not cheap. I want to say ours was almost 30k.

@Bubblehead how was your local election done?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ours was by mail. Voting in person at the local hall seems a little ridiculous in this day and age. Especially when some members like @scooby0048 are 6 hours away from local.

Though it may actually have to do with your bylaws. Also elections are not cheap. I want to say ours was almost 30k.

@Bubblehead how was your local election done?
My local has been mail in for as long as I can remember.

....as it should be at the very least.

Digitally is the future, inexpensive, and the most inclusive option available and very possible right now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My local has been mail in for as long as I can remember.

....as it should be at the very least.

Digitally is the future, inexpensive, and the most inclusive option available and very possible right now.
from what ive heard its digital.....as in you have to go to
a meeting and vote on a laptop or ipad or whatever

542thruNthru

What's funny is I can't find anything about your local election. Surprises me because ours had notices on our website/facebook about it coming up and how to vote.

Our local election is also going on right now and everything's done by mail

Boywondr

The truth never changes.

Ours was a year ago and it's our right to vote by absentee ballot or come to the hall and vote in person. You've got to watch every move they make in "some" locals. We've seen some crooked excrement over the years. Consult the OLMS office in your area if you have violations.