Local Sort

trig

Are PT preloaders obligated to work evening local sort (OT) when management asks, or can they simply say no?

barnyard

KTM rider
There will be plenty of extra work on the preload very soon. In my building, preloaders worked very close to 8 hour shifts last year.

PT Car Washer

There will be plenty of extra work on the preload very soon. In my building, preloaders worked very close to 8 hour shifts last year.
And with all the PTers jumping ship to work at Target and Walmart and other jobs paying more for less work you should be able to double shift all you want. Of course they will be paying more at straight time then UPS does at OT.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No, you do not have to double shift, especially if it would cost you more than you would make by doing so.

PT wages will be addressed in the next contract.

4evapreloader

I signed up for it, and I still say no. If you really want to work the shift occasionally, just say yes to an occasional crappy day like a Monday or a Friday.

trig

Depends on whether you’ve ever felt the need to create an “I’m new and I love my job so much!” post. If never, not as long.
Fair enough. I know I have a long way to go before I can compete with a lot of the people here, but with some dedication I think I can make it happen

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I signed up for it, and I still say no. If you really want to work the shift occasionally, just say yes to an occasional crappy day like a Monday or a Friday.
Here turning it down 3 times removes you from the list.

Give the people who actually want to work the opportunity to work.