Looking at a FedeX ISP in the midwest

bbsam

Staff member
Smart move. This should not even be considered an investment. You will be buying a job from FedEx, and eventually you will be paying them to deliver their packages.
Contractors are walking away daily without even selling these worthless routes.
I’ve never seen a successful, profitable contractor simply walk away.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
They will when they start reading the writing on the wall. Fred is always looking for ways to make himself richer at others expense while successful and profitable contractors will be ever shrinking in numbers.

Exec32

That's because there are no successful profitable contractors. You sir are an employee, with no benefits, retirement, or protections. They own you. All you own If your lucky are a few trucks.

bbsam

Staff member
That's because there are no successful profitable contractors. You sir are an employee, with no benefits, retirement, or protections. They own you. All you own If your lucky are a few trucks.
Oh.

Weird.

I know several UPS and Express drivers.

I’ll take my position over theirs no matter what name you want to attach.

Exec32

And what position is that?

Let's guess. A position where you better not get sick and need medical insurance, you better not need to take a leave of absence because it doesn't exists, you better continue to work because you have no pention, you better not have an accident or a complaint because there goes your margin, get it..
All these would normally be acceptable with adequate revenue, however YOU KNOW X DONT GIVE YOU ENOUGH TO MAKE A REASONABLE PROFIT MUCH LESS EVEN THINK ABOUT PROVIDING THESE BENEFITS.
And to think, you are an employee and still dont get what your entitled to. Great Position..

dmac1

Let's guess. A position where you better not get sick and need medical insurance, you better not need to take a leave of absence because it doesn't exists, you better continue to work because you have no pention, you better not have an accident or a complaint because there goes your margin, get it..
All these would normally be acceptable with adequate revenue, however YOU KNOW X DONT GIVE YOU ENOUGH TO MAKE A REASONABLE PROFIT MUCH LESS EVEN THINK ABOUT PROVIDING THESE BENEFITS.
And to think, you are an employee and still dont get what your entitled to. Great Position..

Some of these people are merely shills for fedex. I know for a fact fedex has used what they call 'ambassadors' to promote the ISP model in forums like this. They get special treatment for their service in lying to potential contractors.

bbsam

Staff member

WHAT I KNOW IS THAT YOUR ENGLISH IS ATROCIOUS.

bbsam

Staff member
Some of these people are merely shills for fedex. I know for a fact fedex has used what they call 'ambassadors' to promote the ISP model in forums like this. They get special treatment for their service in lying to potential contractors.
Maybe. I assure you that I am not.

bacha29

I will still believe that the downfall of this little game will in the end be.....taxes. Over the past number of years the IRS has had to endure significant cuts to it's operating budget. The result is that it has to pick it's spots when it comes to who to audit. Because of those steep cuts when it comes to collecting the taxes owed by so called "contractors" they've had to resort to correspondence audits in an effort to get them to pay up. Limited success. A well publicized estimate of the amount of unpaid "contractor" taxes is approximately 450 billion.
This in turn leaves Congress with two choices. Either fully restore funding to the IRS or pass legislation that more clearly and more narrowly defines just what is an "independent contractor" thereby making it harder for companies such as X to continue to abuse the "independent contractor" model. In fact a few months ago there was tossed around the idea of companies who employ "contractors" withhold taxes in the same manner they would it's own employees. Needless to say it hasn't gained much traction.

Command and control and tax evasion will be the litigation drivers in the days ahead if Congress at the urging of Treasury finally moves. Don't think it will happen? When the deficits start piling up it can get things moving. We saw that in 1983 .

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I was once called a shill.
I am a driver who over a decade learned how to maximize my opportunities, and move up.

bacha29

I have BC/BS, ROTH IRA, mutual funds and a rich mother in law.
BC/BS huh? That's nice but do you provide healthcare insurance and pay the premiums for your employees or like IWBF he sends his employees over to their spouses employers and expects them to pay the premiums to cover his employees? Still I can't fault you for being just like him and want your profits to be privatized while your risks are socialized.

FedGT

Interesting?
I haven’t ever sold a job position before but sold my contracting business for a decent chunk?????
Huh, maybe individuals with actual experience that made it a profitable business should comment on what is possible.

FedGT

BC/BS huh? That's nice but do you provide healthcare insurance and pay the premiums for your employees or like IWBF he sends his employees over to their spouses employers and expects them to pay the premiums to cover his employees? Still I can't fault you for being just like him and want your profits to be privatized while your risks are socialized.
So just out of curiousity are you against 97% of all small businesses with less than 25-50 employees who can’t or won’t offer insurance benefits/ pension or just Ground?
When the gov fixes what insurance should be I’ll consider offering them till that happens I have better things to spend my money on than everyone else that is uninsured skyrocketing mine and my employees premiums.

Last edited: