Looking at a FedeX ISP in the midwest

bacha29

So just out of curiousity are you against 97% of all small businesses with less than 25-50 employees who can’t or won’t offer insurance benefits/ pension or just Ground?
When the gov fixes what insurance should be I’ll consider offering them till that happens I have better things to spend my money on than everyone else that is uninsured skyrocketing mine and my employees premiums.
Then in your opinion just how should insurance be? Waht form should it take? BTW what is one of the main drivers behind insurance premiums? It's the care providers legal requirement to provide care and treatment to people regardless of whether they have insurance or not. Their license requires it. So you tell me. How is the hospital to recoup it's costs other than to pass it through onto insurers who have to pass it on to their subscribers through higher premiums. You got a better way? Refuse treatment you might say? Ever hear of The Patients Bill of Rights?

FedGT

Then in your opinion just how should insurance be? Waht form should it take? BTW what is one of the main drivers behind insurance premiums? It's the care providers legal requirement to provide care and treatment to people regardless of whether they have insurance or not. Their license requires it. So you tell me. How is the hospital to recoup it's costs other than to pass it through onto insurers who have to pass it on to their subscribers through higher premiums. You got a better way? Refuse treatment you might say? Ever hear of The Patients Bill of Rights?
You never answer the question. Are 97% of all small businesses that can’t pay insurance the issue or just Ground?

I don’t have much desire to get into a lengthy battle about fixing insurance on a ups message board with you but the first start is for hospitals not to charge 10,000% markup on medications that can be bought OTC. I believe on my wife’s last bill each ibuprofen was charged around $13 a pill............but knowing you, you will probably say that is legitimate.

Ever hear of standardizing wealth to give to others that don’t have it, or take the risks to make it themselves.........I’m not a communist.
I am a completely different generation from you. I was always told SS wouldn’t be there for me, pensions were dead, unions were awful, and if I didn’t take care of myself and invest wisely there would be a good chance I’d be screwed.
If you are dependent of someone to take care of you, you are setting yourself up. It’s unfortunate but it is the world that we live in nowadays.
Next thing you will be on is universal income so people can get paid just to exist. Probably will happen since automation is killing more jobs which in turn equals less benefits (your hot button) plus no income.

bacha29

You never answer the question. Are 97% of all small businesses that can’t pay insurance the issue or just Ground?

I don’t have much desire to get into a lengthy battle about fixing insurance on a ups message board with you but the first start is for hospitals not to charge 10,000% markup on medications that can be bought OTC. I believe on my wife’s last bill each ibuprofen was charged around $13 a pill............but knowing you, you will probably say that is legitimate.

Ever hear of standardizing wealth to give to others that don’t have it, or take the risks to make it themselves.........I’m not a communist.
I am a completely different generation from you. I was always told SS wouldn’t be there for me, pensions were dead, unions were awful, and if I didn’t take care of myself and invest wisely there would be a good chance I’d be screwed.
If you are dependent of someone to take care of you, you are setting yourself up. It’s unfortunate but it is the world that we live in nowadays.
Next thing you will be on is universal income so people can get paid just to exist. Probably will happen since automation is killing more jobs which in turn equals less benefits (your hot button) plus no income.
First, I admire your skill when it comes to evading the question of what healthcare "should be" but then again it's your question.
That $13 ibuprofen pill? likely prescription strength requiring doctor's a prescription . You don't buy that OTC.

Yes, your generation is different than mine. It wants it's profit privatized but it's risks socialized and that's where you come in with XG. In reality you are simply an unlicensed insurer. XG dumps off onto you as much risk, liability and variable costs it can get away with. But, unlike a licensed insurer you can't go to your state insurance commission and petition for a raise in premiums. XG decides what the premiums will be and they are always based on their rock bottom estimate of what they think your cost of providing service should be.

BTW. Over in neighboring county there is this small community hospital that for generations did a good job of providing care to the life long residents of of that small town.
One day a Texas gas driller with his employees and their spouses and kids showed up ....no health insurance. They were there for a year or so drilled a couple of holes then in keeping with the locust nature of a gas driller they along with the employees simply packed up and drove off leaving behind a 6 million dollar unpaid hospital bill. With their charity reserve long since exhausted the hospital had no choice but to go to my state and ask for an emergency infusion of taxpayer cash. It was either that or close up the shop.

Exec32

So just out of curiousity are you against 97% of all small businesses with less than 25-50 employees who can’t or won’t offer insurance benefits/ pension or just Ground?
When the gov fixes what insurance should be I’ll consider offering them till that happens I have better things to spend my money on than everyone else that is uninsured skyrocketing mine and my employees premiums.

Correct, there is a high percentage of small companies that do not provide benefits, however many of those at least provide a decent wage and enjoy a 15-20% profit margin.
I know because I owned multiple businesses, and this scam by far was the worst. This comes from direct experience.
X employee contractors need to be honest and avoid promoting this scam only to pass it on to the next fool.
In closing, I did provide BcBS, 401k, vacation, and paid time off while employing 43 people, and was able to amass a small fortune. You X morons will never be able to do that because daddy X will never allow you to become truly independent..frightening when a contractor realizes they have to sell this scam to another fool after they have invested so much!

bacha29

Correct, there is a high percentage of small companies that do not provide benefits, however many of those at least provide a decent wage and enjoy a 15-20% profit margin.
I know because I owned multiple businesses, and this scam by far was the worst. This comes from direct experience.
X employee contractors need to be honest and avoid promoting this scam only to pass it on to the next fool.
In closing, I did provide BcBS, 401k, vacation, and paid time off while employing 43 people, and was able to amass a small fortune. You X morons will never be able to do that because daddy X will never allow you to become truly independent..frightening when a contractor realizes they have to sell this scam to another fool after they have invested so much!
Well said X32. Every individual has to decide for himself just how much money they can safely bet on a contract that is so clever, so vague and so ambiguous that in many ways it's worse than to have no contract at all.
You can't help but feel for the ones who took their personal savings and in some cases their own homes and plowed them into this thing believing that happy days were here again only to discover just how ruthless and greedy daddy X really is.
Fortunately the word is out on this thing and hopefully prospective new entrants will do their own research and decide for themselves just how much money they can afford to place at risk. Sadly, it would appear that risk and reward are going in opposite directions.