Low IQ Union leaders and interest on retro pay

browndevil

We all know the union is generally run by Low IQ, uneducated thugs and are negotiating against smarter and more educated company people. But if any of the dimwits can explain to us why UPS makes a bunch of interest on our retro pay and isn’t forced to pay that to us? Thank you and hope the donuts you ate this morning give you a heart attack soon.
Union Leaders are generally made up of Rank and File members. So you do the math

blakerben

I understand that the contract wasn’t officially passed until this year. But all the back pay since August 1st of last year was money that we worked for. It’s not crazy for us to say that if UPS earned interest off that money then we should be paid that interest. I know in my case it wouldn’t be that much, but I would still want it.

Now this might be comparing apples to oranges, but what if UPS overpaid me by 10 million dollars. Then I took all that money and put it in an account to earn interest. A year later UPS calls me up and says they overpaid me and want their money back. Wouldn’t they also want the interest back that I earned for that year?

I definitely think something should be done in the next contract negotiations to address this issue.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
We all know the union is generally run by Low IQ, uneducated thugs and are negotiating against smarter and more educated company people. But if any of the dimwits can explain to us why UPS makes a bunch of interest on our retro pay and isn’t forced to pay that to us? Thank you and hope the donuts you ate this morning give you a heart attack soon.

So the Teamsters have 1.4 million members. Are you saying all of them are dumb? I tend to believe that the cream rises to the top. I am realistic enough to know that it is occasionally sour cream, but usually people trying to make a difference. As far as the International Union, I see a lot of lawyers on the payroll as well as other industry professionals(clerks, economists, accountants,etc.) so they are having input as well. Many of them are in another Union within the Union. Your assumption makes no sense. I didn't have donuts this morning but a heart attack seems more acceptable than being in the same Union as people like you.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I understand that the contract wasn’t officially passed until this year. But all the back pay since August 1st of last year was money that we worked for. It’s not crazy for us to say that if UPS earned interest off that money then we should be paid that interest. I know in my case it wouldn’t be that much, but I would still want it.

Now this might be comparing apples to oranges, but what if UPS overpaid me by 10 million dollars. Then I took all that money and put it in an account to earn interest. A year later UPS calls me up and says they overpaid me and want their money back. Wouldn’t they also want the interest back that I earned for that year?

I definitely think something should be done in the next contract negotiations to address this issue.

Actually, the company has taken back over payments for years from employees. Recently, they got one of our drivers that was in progression. The driver had been paid the wrong rate for over 2 years because of a bad seniority date that was recently recognized. The company is taking back the money, but only the exact amount that was overpaid. No interest. In my history with the company, this has been consistent with every employee I have helped in this area. I would agree that the moving forward with any future negotiations, there should be a signed agreement that the retro will come within 30 days and a 2 weeks for the raises at the signing of the contract. This stops everyone bitching the whole time.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
So the Teamsters have 1.4 million members. Are you saying all of them are dumb? I tend to believe that the cream rises to the top. I am realistic enough to know that it is occasionally sour cream, but usually people trying to make a difference. As far as the International Union, I see a lot of lawyers on the payroll as well as other industry professionals(clerks, economists, accountants,etc.) so they are having input as well. Many of them are in another Union within the Union. Your assumption makes no sense. I didn't have donuts this morning but a heart attack seems more acceptable than being in the same Union as people like you.
She's in mod jail for being uppity. TNB.