Low IQ Union leaders and interest on retro pay

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Time for change, Jun 8, 2019.

1. browndevil

browndevil Well-Known Member

Union Leaders are generally made up of Rank and File members. So you do the math

2. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Elected Union Officials, are made up of the rank and file.

You know.... that whole pesky IBT Constitutional requirement.

3. browndevil

I know.I am one...5 out of our 7 eboard members are. It's a beautiful thing

4. BigUnionGuy

Your Local Union E-Board is comprised of Non-Union people.... ?

Absolute BS

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. browndevil

No I didn't say that. I said 5 out of 7 are Rank and File members. We still work in our crafts and sit on our Eboard

6. BigUnionGuy

That makes more sense.

7. blakerben

blakerben Member

I understand that the contract wasn’t officially passed until this year. But all the back pay since August 1st of last year was money that we worked for. It’s not crazy for us to say that if UPS earned interest off that money then we should be paid that interest. I know in my case it wouldn’t be that much, but I would still want it.

Now this might be comparing apples to oranges, but what if UPS overpaid me by 10 million dollars. Then I took all that money and put it in an account to earn interest. A year later UPS calls me up and says they overpaid me and want their money back. Wouldn’t they also want the interest back that I earned for that year?

I definitely think something should be done in the next contract negotiations to address this issue.

8. BrownMonk

BrownMonk Old fart Package Car Driver

So the Teamsters have 1.4 million members. Are you saying all of them are dumb? I tend to believe that the cream rises to the top. I am realistic enough to know that it is occasionally sour cream, but usually people trying to make a difference. As far as the International Union, I see a lot of lawyers on the payroll as well as other industry professionals(clerks, economists, accountants,etc.) so they are having input as well. Many of them are in another Union within the Union. Your assumption makes no sense. I didn't have donuts this morning but a heart attack seems more acceptable than being in the same Union as people like you.

9. BrownMonk

BrownMonk Old fart Package Car Driver

Actually, the company has taken back over payments for years from employees. Recently, they got one of our drivers that was in progression. The driver had been paid the wrong rate for over 2 years because of a bad seniority date that was recently recognized. The company is taking back the money, but only the exact amount that was overpaid. No interest. In my history with the company, this has been consistent with every employee I have helped in this area. I would agree that the moving forward with any future negotiations, there should be a signed agreement that the retro will come within 30 days and a 2 weeks for the raises at the signing of the contract. This stops everyone bitching the whole time.

10. I have been lurking

I have been lurking On the spectrum

She's in mod jail for being uppity. TNB.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Lol.