lunch break question?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oh, I have a lot to say, but some of us have to go to work today.
Lame.
Some of up have to prepare for a major spine surgery that could result in paralyzation, but that is what some of have to do to get back to the job they had. The job they would be doing right now if they weren't intentionally injured.
Where are the lawsuits, Nancy???? I am waiting. Been 4 years, no ones suing me yet for defamation of character/slander/libel. Hmmmmmmm.

I think you have it easier. I would rather go to work.

CharleyHustle

There always seems to be much contention and infighting among union members about this lunch issue. I certainly can understand anyone's need to see family and attend events. I'm going to miss a Chrstmas concert today myself. Instead of having to take sides and divide our membership, why don't we make a contract offer in 2013 for the company to eliminate all mandatory breaks? If you want to take a full hour go ahead, 20 minutes fine, no automatic deductions, no working for "free". Of course state laws would have to be enforced, but many of these rules require less if any at all break times.

menotyou

bella amicizia
As long as those who do want breaks, can still take them, that would be great. I don't see it happening. Maybe, a bid process. Certain routes with no lunch built in.

Indecisi0n

There always seems to be much contention and infighting among union members about this lunch issue. I certainly can understand anyone's need to see family and attend events. I'm going to miss a Chrstmas concert today myself. Instead of having to take sides and divide our membership, why don't we make a contract offer in 2013 for the company to eliminate all mandatory breaks? If you want to take a full hour go ahead, 20 minutes fine, no automatic deductions, no working for "free". Of course state laws would have to be enforced, but many of these rules require less if any at all break times.

The company would never do that because they would lose on the deal. Most drivers i talk to (even with 20+) years don't always take a lunch so the company makes free bank on it.

brown_trousers

It all comes down to priorities. Life is always going to ask sacrifices of you, whether it be at work or at home. So you just have to figure out where you are willing to make sacrifices, and where you are NOT willing to make them.

Some people value work over family. and some people value family over work. I'm not going to say one way is right or wrong, its just a personal choice every man makes for himself (or woman for herself).

In the same way people claim that working through your lunch degrades our working conditions at UPS. I can make the argument that not being at home with your family degrades family values in America. It goes both way.