Lunch Runners

WTFm8

Article 17: Paid for Time.

Approach your BA and give him the names of the person(s) doing it and ask him to request telematics reports during the lunch times entered.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Article 17: Paid for Time.

Approach your BA and give him the names of the person(s) doing it and ask him to request telematics reports during the lunch times entered.
Yeah... do that... you’re a funny one

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
as long as he has 30 minutes of lunch coded then fine. Not certain if you meant they took an hour lunch and started working through it.

We can do 41 minute lunches and even split the unpaid time between breaks so long as you record it properly and stood still for at least 30 minutes at one point, print out a double-sided sheet of 2X2 timecards just to CYA.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Write down on a piece of paper how much money they are giving the company every week. When you do the math, use OT. I used to skip lunch and break on Fridays. The math suggests that I should work that time and go out to eat at a really nice place with the money that I just made.
I was just using straight time for simplicity sake. Of course you would short yourself an hour of overtime at the rate of $55.365 an hour. If you figure at that rate, you lose $13,841.23 a year and $415,237.50 over thirty years not counting future raises. When I used to mentor new drivers, I would tell them to do whatever it took to make book in 90 days. And then make sure to take sixty minutes of lunch like we do here.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah... do that... you’re a funny one
Don’t throw your union brothers or sisters under the bus no matter what.... keep it all in house....but it would be a good idea to have the diads lock out during breaks and lunches..... would pretty much shut down the deliveries....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
as long as he has 30 minutes of lunch coded then fine. Not certain if you meant they took an hour lunch and started working through it.

We can do 41 minute lunches and even split the unpaid time between breaks so long as you record it properly and stood still for at least 30 minutes at one point, print out a double-sided sheet of 2X2 timecards just to CYA.
Yes drivers are working through lunches, or not taking them... or they are taking them while they are driving out to an area or back from an area.... totally unacceptable....

Don’t throw your union brothers or sisters under the bus no matter what.... keep it all in house....but it would be a good idea to have the diads lock out during breaks and lunches..... would pretty much shut down the deliveries....
Lock out doesn’t really stop delivering during lunch. But firing people does.

Dumbo

Does the unpaid time go toward 8 hours during the day so that overtime would start that much earlier.

So if I start at 9am, would OT rate kick in at 5pm even if I take unpaid lunch? Or if I took an hour, and 20 minutes of that was paid, 40 minutes unpaid, would overtime rate kick in at 5:40?

barnyard

KTM rider
A bunch of years ago, there was a lawsuit (I think it was in California) which made altering timecards to show unpaid time, when none was taken, illegal. Whenever that was, they really started cracking down in my building about taken lunch and break. My state is debating a law that would make stealing wages illegal (when someone edits a timecard to show an unpaid break, when none was taken, that is stealing.)

barnyard

KTM rider
Does the unpaid time go toward 8 hours during the day so that overtime would start that much earlier.

So if I start at 9am, would OT rate kick in at 5pm even if I take unpaid lunch? Or if I took an hour, and 20 minutes of that was paid, 40 minutes unpaid, would overtime rate kick in at 5:40?

Wut???

Taking break does not affect your pay. Not taking it does. If you do not take your break, somewhere, someone edits your timecard to show that a break is taken.

ManInBrown

My diad locked. When I went on meal it took me to a screen where I entered meal start time and you can’t exit that screen without hitting in meal end time. And the end meal time has to be the current time, so essentially you can’t do anything.

My diad locked. When I went on meal it took me to a screen where I entered meal start time and you can’t exit that screen without hitting in meal end time. And the end meal time has to be the current time, so essentially you can’t do anything.
If they could prevent the engine from running while on lunch then that might work.

WTFm8

Yep enforce the contract and make your Union Brothers follow it.

Lunch runners should be fired and thrown out of the union

Should get 1 warning then a 3 day suspension, then terminated.

Falsifying records making the people that do follow the contract look bad. Somebody goes out and scratches a route cause they’re organizing on unpaid time (lunch) and driving to the next stop off the clock... when the normal driver is usually 20-60+ min over.

Just organizing off while on lunch is BS. Load should be loaded correctly that all you might have to occasionally do theough the day is shift everything forward to keep it relatively tight, which takes maybe 1 minute.

People get told to organize on break when qualifying and look at their board to plan the route and even stage commercial stops like malls in order... on break, then they make the mistake of continuing it when qualified.

It comes down to a preload and dispatch issue if items aren’t where they belong or in order for places like a strip mall that stores are in a certain order but Orion rarely matches.