Lunch Runners

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If they could prevent the engine from running while on lunch then that might work.
How are they going to deliver during lunch or breaks when the board is down.... if they delivered during lunch then DR’ed them all after the diad was running again then that activity would certainly show up on a report....

How are they going to deliver during lunch or breaks when the board is down.... if they delivered during lunch then DR’ed them all after the diad was running again then that activity would certainly show up on a report....
It definitely can show up on a report. They deliver then sheet after lunch. Or drive to another area.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Talk about burning up a route....

55575855_10157190600653707_3407139393469677568_o.jpg

Dragon

Package Center Manager
It’s not an “old wives tale” here. We’ve had guys forget to record a lunch, and an hour will magically be missing from their paid day.

So they forgot to record a lunch...they took the lunch but because they are so busy they forget to enter in the DIAD..is that what you are saying. If so it is a timecard edit. Plain and simple. Print original t/c and edited t/c put in t/c edit book it is then up to the driver to sign the edit.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So they forgot to record a lunch...they took the lunch but because they are so busy they forget to enter in the DIAD..is that what you are saying. If so it is a timecard edit. Plain and simple. Print original t/c and edited t/c put in t/c edit book it is then up to the driver to sign the edit.
We used to have the hour lunch automatically taken out whether you entered it or not no t/c edit required, pretty sure that's what these guys are referring to.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
We used to have the hour lunch automatically taken out whether you entered it or not no t/c edit required, pretty sure that's what these guys are referring to.
The lawsuit in California is why this stopped.
In MN guys wouldn't take their 40 Minute Lunch each day and end up with 3 hours and 20 minutes of pay they didn't get before.
Of course Management didn't tell us why they were so adamant about taking your 40 minute lunch.
Guys figured out skipping lunch meant it didn't automatically get deducted from paid day.
More proof of lack of transparency with Management.
I took my full 1 hour break/lunch between my 3rd and 6th hour like the contract says I am supposed to.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Article 17: Paid for Time.

Approach your BA and give him the names of the person(s) doing it and ask him to request telematics reports during the lunch times entered.
Do you think that anything will happen, save your self some trouble Sir!!

MrBates

if they delivered during lunch then DR’ed them all after the diad was running again then that activity would certainly show up on a report....

I've heard of a few guys who do that at my building. 9 hour dispatch and they finish in 8. Seems like our center manager just ignores that report especially if it's drivers that he favors. It's when a driver falls out of favor when things start to get interesting.

I used to sort during lunch when I first started. Not anymore. It's just not worth it. Management is trained to take advantage of us. They are taught techniques in brainwashing school on how to spot a weak teamster so they can pretend to be your friend, and then run up the stop count. I've seen a lot of good guys turn into @$$holes overnight because some center manager's are downright brutal.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I've heard of a few guys who do that at my building. 9 hour dispatch and they finish in 8. Seems like our center manager just ignores that report especially if it's drivers that he favors. It's when a driver falls out of favor when things start to get interesting.

I used to sort during lunch when I first started. Not anymore. It's just not worth it. Management is trained to take advantage of us. They are taught techniques in brainwashing school on how to spot a weak teamster so they can pretend to be your friend, and then run up the stop count. I've seen a lot of good guys turn into @$$holes overnight because some center manager's are downright brutal.
Truth.

Days

Really? I think they’re just kind of clueless personally. They have a lot on their minds and just try to get everything done on time. If they see someone finishing early, they’ll just move a bit of volume on that direction so that it equals out.

I don’t think they stop to think, “this guy gets done an hour early, but he works hard so that’s ok”.

As someone who is kind of OCD and tries to make everything perfect, that can be one of the most upsetting parts about working at UPS. When you’re given too much work to the point where you are set up to actively fail and then receive criticism for failing despite busting your butt.

Operations mgmt never cares. It’s always the higher ups that come in and clean house.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Some sit for an hour, some don’t. It comes out either way.