Lunch Runners

How do I get my friends at work, (friends because we hang out outside of UPS), to STOP RUNNING THEIR LUNCHES???

I show them they still take the hour out of their paycheck, they constantly have to help, (which the complain about), the stop counts keep rising, but yet, they keep taking 20-30 minute lunches, and that's if they take them at all...

Any advice would be great

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
How do I get my friends at work, (friends because we hang out outside of UPS), to STOP RUNNING THEIR LUNCHES???

I show them they still take the hour out of their paycheck, they constantly have to help, (which the complain about), the stop counts keep rising, but yet, they keep taking 20-30 minute lunches, and that's if they take them at all...

Get new friends

MendozaJ

Show them the numbers. If they cut their lunch by a half hour...

.5 hrs OT @ $54/hr x 5 days = $135/week given to the company.

You would be better off donating that money to the United Way and claiming the deduction.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Are they falsifying their lunch times? Any Diad activity during meal time entered is falsifying.

The union needs to request telematics reports for activity during meal times. Either that or put in a Diad timer. Driver starts break, Diad shuts down for set time. Truck better not be moving towards any stops.

DriverNerd

Are they falsifying their lunch times? Any Diad activity during meal time entered is falsifying.

The union needs to request telematics reports for activity during meal times. Either that or put in a Diad timer. Driver starts break, Diad shuts down for set time. Truck better not be moving towards any stops.

I don't think he wants his friends fired.

DriverNerd

Can't fix stupid.

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Tell them to bring their fishing poles to work and fish for an hour or so say around 1PM give or take.

We have a driver that does just that. Except he will run the poll out the side of his truck and just slowly, while traveling to stops let his line run. Or at least that's what I've heard. You know how bad rumors can be. It's hilarious none the less.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
At $36.91 an hour and a possible 250 working days a year, that's $9227.50 a year in salary they are donating to the company. $9227.50 x 30 years is $276,825 as a ballpark figure not counting future raises. Most places you can get yourself a decent house for that. As a very minor shareholder, thank you for being stupid if you work during your lunch hour.

clean hairy

Not your problem.
How they run the route they have does not affect how you run your route.
Say nothing.

barnyard

KTM rider
Write down on a piece of paper how much money they are giving the company every week. When you do the math, use OT. I used to skip lunch and break on Fridays. The math suggests that I should work that time and go out to eat at a really nice place with the money that I just made.

barnyard

KTM rider
At $36.91 an hour and a possible 250 working days a year, that's $9227.50 a year in salary they are donating to the company. $9227.50 x 30 years is $276,825 as a ballpark figure not counting future raises. Most places you can get yourself a decent house for that. As a very minor shareholder, thank you for being stupid if you work during your lunch hour.
Except must of us work OT every day, so if a person is donating their lunch, they are giving up OT money.