"Lunch"

clarnzz

He's just happy you are there sporting all 10 toes.

He is happy, I didn't even get a talking to for calling in. I told him I was gonna break my toe, he said "well you will just go on disability and make less money, but money isn't everything".

I told him " wouldn't you just rather have me call in". He said "All I can do is review your attendance record and act accordingly."

Stop, your making me actually like my arch nemesis. :)

clarnzz

And just in case anyone is tired of the empty rhetoric and me rubbing ur nose in the fact ur wearing brown polyester everyday for nothing......

I had a madator origial and a southwestern burrito from Kum'N'Go for lunch today,

jaker

trolling
You guys can get mad at me but I don't care

I don't take lunch or breaks if I am getting off before my 8 , If I go over 8 I take it

Normal day for me is 9 to 4:15 , guarantee 8 so I still get payed till 5 , now if I work after 5 I take a lunch and all my breaks and I still make bonus

Reason why my family is more important then my lunch or the hours more I have to work , I live 5 mins from the yard so when I get off at 4:15 I am home by 4:30 and really what's wrong with that when it comes to family

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You guys can get mad at me but I don't care

I don't take lunch or breaks if I am getting off before my 8 , If I go over 8 I take it

Normal day for me is 9 to 4:15 , guarantee 8 so I still get payed till 5 , now if I work after 5 I take a lunch and all my breaks and I still make bonus

Reason why my family is more important then my lunch or the hours more I have to work , I live 5 mins from the yard so when I get off at 4:15 I am home by 4:30 and really what's wrong with that when it comes to family
It's your life, nobody else cares what you do with it. So why do you feel the need to justify your actions on an internet message board?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

what state are you in???

He has dual citizenships in the states of Delusion and Denial.

We are forced to take a 45 minute unpaid lunch break. I would be happy with 30 minutes. Putting in just 1 minute makes a mockery of the lunch period that those before us fought hard to make a part of our day.

The OP just doesn't get it. If he and his fellow lunch runners would take their full lunch during the contractually mandated time frames mgt would be forced to add runs.

CharleyHustle

If he and his fellow lunch runners would take their full lunch during the contractually mandated time frames mgt would be forced to add runs.

If the majority want to take less lunch, and "fought hard" and made it a part of our day, would you respect it just as much? If taking a full lunch would make the company add runs, shouldn't there be a proposal for an hour and a half lunch, or two hours?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Starting July 1st, 2013 all drivers of commercial vehicles will be required by DOT to take 30 minutes lunch and/or break before they work 8 hours. You can bet that this will be enforced by UPS before subjecting themselves to fines.
Have proposed at the latest meeting to have UPS shut down the DIAD when it is coded out for lunch.

jaker

trolling
Starting July 1st, 2013 all drivers of commercial vehicles will be required by DOT to take 30 minutes lunch and/or break before they work 8 hours. You can bet that this will be enforced by UPS before subjecting themselves to fines.
Have proposed at the latest meeting to have UPS shut down the DIAD when it is coded out for lunch.
Here in California your lunch is 30 min and it's up to you if you want to take and our diads shut down when on lunch

clarnzz

He has dual citizenships in the states of Delusion and Denial.

We are forced to take a 45 minute unpaid lunch break. I would be happy with 30 minutes. Putting in just 1 minute makes a mockery of the lunch period that those before us fought hard to make a part of our day..

The OP just doesn't get it. If he and his fellow lunch runners would take their full lunch during the contractually mandated time frames mgt would be forced to add runs.

I don't understand what you mean by "lunch runner". The only time taken out of my pay is what I put in my board. If I take 1 minute, 1 minute is taken out. If I take an hour an hour is taken out. If I had taken my full hour I would of just gotten off at 630 instead of 530. The person mandating our stops per car could care less whether we take our lunch or not, it wouldn't change.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I don't understand what you mean by "lunch runner".

Person who doesn't take a full lunch or records a lunch and works through it.

The only time taken out of my pay is what I put in my board. If I take 1 minute, 1 minute is taken out.

That's not lunch--takes me longer to pee and wash my hands (or is it wash my hands then pee?).

If I take an hour an hour is taken out. If I had taken my full hour I would of just gotten off at 630 instead of 530.

...and depending on your start time part of or all of that hour would have OT...

The person mandating our stops per car could care less whether we take our lunch or not, it wouldn't change.

If all of the drivers in your center took their full lunch and break during the contractually mandated times your damn right the SPC would change.

nightfly

DOIN IT WITH STYLE AND GRACE
Stupid is as stupid does,how long do you plan on being a driver? What planet are you from anyway? Do you think you will be able to continue working at your current pace for 20 years? If so, let me know how you feel 20 years from now!