Lunch

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
we are out here slam with boxes working in an unhealthy environment and all these ass clowns can say is make sure you take a 30-minute lunch. There's no restaurants open these trucks are filthy and I spend allday trying to not touch my face. I'll take the warning letter.
We have guys like this at our building. Always looking for a way to get out of taking lunch.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Are all dot rules pretty much thrown out the window at this point?
giphy_wYyTHMm50f4Dm_fixed_width_686011088393093.gif

Brownsocks

Just a dog
we are out here slam with boxes working in an unhealthy environment and all these ass clowns can say is make sure you take a 30-minute lunch. There's no restaurants open these trucks are filthy and I spend allday trying to not touch my face. I'll take the warning letter.
I love it when I'm on a bricked out industrial route and exercise my contractual responsibly to take lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour.
Hey Supe, I'm going to need help with my pickups or I will never get my deliveries off by 5.
How many do you need me to cover for you?
All 40.

Do that a couple times and they wont say anything else about lunch.

Ghost in the Darkness

Who cares about laws. UPS is not a charity, we work too hard to give them anything back. How can people be so dumb to work through their lunch... i.e. like entering it for when they are driving back to the bldg. First and foremost, why would anyone not take their break (or breaks or whatever depending on tour supplement).

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Central.
ARTICLE 18—MEAL PERIOD (FULL-TIME) Employees shall be entitled to and required to take an unpaid meal period between the third (3rd) and sixth (6th) hour of work. (a) All employees shall receive at least one (1) ten (10) minute paid break. (b) Employees who presently enjoy two (2) paid breaks shall continue this practice. (c) Local past practice shall prevail regarding the duration of the meal and rest periods. In areas where the Employer has a 10:30 a.m. air commitment, breaks will be taken so as to not jeopardize the delivery guarantee. (d) All paid-for time shall be counted in computing overtime.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Ask if you can give me your 30mins. Ill gladly take the for you.

GenericUsername

FYI, a lot of grocery stores now have premade food and areas where you can get a fresh sub/hoagie/grinder. Some even have an area where you can sit down and eat in.

In Florida, all those areas are shut down. Take out orders only, no dining in anywhere. Doesn't matter who you are unless you're an employee of the store, you get your food and go. You cannot stay inside due to statewide mandates.

Overpaid Union Thug

I love it when I'm on a bricked out industrial route and exercise my contractual responsibly to take lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour.
Hey Supe, I'm going to need help with my pickups or I will never get my deliveries off by 5.
All 40.

Do that, and follow ORION, EVERY time and it’s amazing just how swiftly dispatches will improve.

Indecisi0n

All 40.

I use to do it all the time. Their best line was "we don't have anyone". My response "That doesn't change my outcome".

Funny, they always found people.