Lunch

Overpaid Union Thug

I use to do it all the time. Their best line was "we don't have anyone". My response "That doesn't change my outcome".

Funny, they always found people.
My response to that was always “Yes you do. One of your runners and gunners. And you can contacted them now while they are punched out for lunch (driving back to the center) and send them my way.” They hated that response as well.

CoffeeStainedUniform

Central.
ARTICLE 18—MEAL PERIOD (FULL-TIME) Employees shall be entitled to and required to take an unpaid meal period between the third (3rd) and sixth (6th) hour of work. (a) All employees shall receive at least one (1) ten (10) minute paid break. (b) Employees who presently enjoy two (2) paid breaks shall continue this practice. (c) Local past practice shall prevail regarding the duration of the meal and rest periods. In areas where the Employer has a 10:30 a.m. air commitment, breaks will be taken so as to not jeopardize the delivery guarantee. (d) All paid-for time shall be counted in computing overtime.
My route switched to a new center. I got away without taking a lunch for 18 months. I miss those days. One of my brothers is going for subsection c: past practices. Our BA is the one pushing the break thing though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My response to that was always “Yes you do. One of your runners and gunners. And you can contacted them now while they are punched out for lunch (driving back to the center) and send them my way.” They hated that response as well.

Ignoring the "green light of death" until you are back to the building works really well in cases like this.

oldngray

nowhere special
gifdump_3293_07.gif

yadadamean116

Central.
ARTICLE 18—MEAL PERIOD (FULL-TIME) Employees shall be entitled to and required to take an unpaid meal period between the third (3rd) and sixth (6th) hour of work. (a) All employees shall receive at least one (1) ten (10) minute paid break. (b) Employees who presently enjoy two (2) paid breaks shall continue this practice. (c) Local past practice shall prevail regarding the duration of the meal and rest periods. In areas where the Employer has a 10:30 a.m. air commitment, breaks will be taken so as to not jeopardize the delivery guarantee. (d) All paid-for time shall be counted in computing overtime.
It’s all up to your supervisors. I never took lunch in package. Rather not sit there for 20mins off the clock