Major Fail At Our Ground Terminal Already

overflowed

$30 extra dollars a day time 6 days... it's bad enough we don't get overtime, only hourly temps get that... but they phased out those guys this year

Since im driving around in the dark anyways, may as well go past that rush hour traffic and stay out there until im done.

This sat, i had to avoid the center of the city due to some tree lighting an small parade... i broke trace to do the suburbs then looped back to the city... funny thing was that those customers were tracking their stuff and thought i wouldnt deliver them
So you feel you're making up the OT you should rightfully get?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Heck no... that $30 isnt even close to an OT rate.... i don't want to rollover my stops, causing a snowball effect & thus having to go out on a Sunday like what mr fedex saw in his neighborhood. If my contractor make me work on a sunday, he'll have to pay me double to falsify my DOT hours even further.

I know i'm not the only one that's doing this...

fatboy33

Tell them what I've always told them. "I'm organic not metallic. I'm a mortal, not a machine. Take a number have a seat. I'll get to you. You're number is 682. I'm serving 39".Seriously ,they do it every year. They go out and knowingly oversell the service then start cuffing around contractors because they were given no volume estimates to try to plan on or they couldn't find anybody willing to work for peanuts.
Perhaps these corporations were hoping immigration reform would've happened by now I.E. hungry to work cheap labor.

STFXG

Heck no... that $30 isnt even close to an OT rate.... i don't want to rollover my stops, causing a snowball effect & thus having to go out on a Sunday like what mr fedex saw in his neighborhood. If my contractor make me work on a sunday, he'll have to pay me double to falsify my DOT hours even further.

I know i'm not the only one that's doing this...
Why are you worried about DOT hours? Isn't a 10 ft box van under 10,000 gvw?

OrioN

Hmm, i guess i was so used to fudging my on duty hours when i was driving for my former boss with the ole p700, it is a habit now...

So i won't get a letter in my mailbox along with my settlement sheet if i start telling my real hours? I know 3 of those in a year means a dq or suspension

Purplepackage

Hmm, i guess i was so used to fudging my on duty hours when i was driving for my former boss with the ole p700, it is a habit now...

So i won't get a letter in my mailbox along with my settlement sheet if i start telling my real hours? I know 3 of those in a year means a dq or suspension

Im pretty sure that if you hold a current DOT card regardless of what you are driving you can still get in trouble for going over hours

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Lightest day in 2 months. My rollover has reached over 15 hours per truck. That doesn't account for the work we will get on the Sunday-Monday preload. Managers are all wide eyed. They are legitimately scared. Just sent out my trucks and told my drivers to deliver every package on the truck, period. They told us it was coming Tues...then Wednesday. Fast forward to today, and we still haven't gotten the volume in the pipeline. They are saying it is coming on Monday and the worst part is these loaders don't want to work on their day off. So double the volume half the loaders and the heaviest pick up day of the year. This tsunami has been building and it is about to crest and wipe out the whole region.
I checked with BigTex61, and I'm pretty sure it's spelled "psuenomie"! ;)

NYCFXG

Not all of it. We are in for a fun day tomorrow too. They asked us to move all of our trucks off the property because they needed the space for incoming and outbound trailers.

OrioN

Ah, i have a decent boss... he saw the 200 boxes on my pallet & flexed 60 stops to 2 neighboring routes. We all ended up clocking out at similar times.

18:30 today... guess having a smaller van has it's perks. I bricked it out, none of which were too bulky.

OrioN

Back in the 700, slow preload and ill take big boxes from a neighboring route that is getting 200-300 stops crammed into their 700 on top of my route of 130-150 stops

NYCFXG

Saw the HD guy on one of my routes today. He is doing multiple trips to the terminal with his 3 trucks. He is doing 1000 stops a day with 3 trucks. Yet, somehow, my trucks are full of his :censored2:. His guys are back at 4, my guys 6. Gotta love doorman buildings.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Spot on DVJ. It's the fedex sleaze factor. Go out and deliver even though your hours are maxed out. Now if somebody gets caught then it was the contractor who did this without X knowledge or consent.
That is why FedEx has an enormous "legal war chest" to fight the lawsuits coming from HOS lawsuits or accident/injury lawsuits. At this point it is still cheaper for FedEx to fight the lawsuits than hire the sub contractors. At some point that will change and they will be forced to replace the subs with employees.