Major Furlough at Express?

Serf

I find it odd that my entire tenure at express the Ramp has always needed drivers, and has always been a revolving door. And yet they can dangle a carrot of LWOP to upwards of 45,000 freight drivers.
Also, E star doesn’t work in metro areas. Period. I’ve run it for 5 months.

It will be fine

It's funny that you you never mention specific numbers.😎
You don’t need specific numbers if you can use basic logic. You think they applied for a lesser paying harder job? Do you really think that happens anywhere? That’s not how labor works. Where are you getting lost?

bacha29

You think people applied for and accepted my job offer for less money that they were making at Express? They tried my job because it pays more, they couldn’t handle the work and went back to Express. They were too soft.
Now tell me something.... Do you pay by yield per acre or the total number of acres planted?.... Your terms are not employment.....It's share cropping.....And the people in question refused to become share croppers..... So they decided to go back to the 21st century....BTW. This is 2022....Not 1867.

Gone fishin

You think people applied for and accepted my job offer for less money that they were making at Express? They tried my job because it pays more, they couldn’t handle the work and went back to Express. They were too soft.
No one in the history of the world left express for ground. Your pay doesn’t include health care , sick days , paid holidays , vacations or overtime. Quit it

dezguy

Could be less tenured, younger employees as well. A lot of the young people don't care about benefits and just want to make as much money as they can.

If you don't care about benefits, why stick around at express, making less than $20 an hour if you can go to a contractor that is offering $22?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Big changes are coming, but i dont think half the employees are being let go. Estar has been talked about for almost 5 years yet very few stations run it completely. Even if ground and express merge it would take years. Estar is the lay of the land at the end of January and Response is also going away. Fedex does one thing consist and thats coming up with grand new ideas that fail.
Hell, they still haven't integrated TNT after 6 years. The inbreeding at management level has produced a Charlie Foxtrot of epic failure proportions. Here's your future at FedEx:
download.jpg

It will be fine

No one in the history of the world left express for ground. Your pay doesn’t include health care , sick days , paid holidays , vacations or overtime. Quit it
Wrong. My pay includes healthcare, PTO, holidays, 401k match and performance bonuses. Good drivers can make a lot more with me than at Express and their $19/hr. Express guys just don’t have the work ethic, too soft.

yadig

Wrong. My pay includes healthcare, PTO, holidays, 401k match and performance bonuses. Good drivers can make a lot more with me than at Express and their $19/hr. Express guys just don’t have the work ethic, too soft.
You may offer “benefits” butt the majority of contractors don’t.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why would express tell workers to work for a Ground contractor? Why would you think Ground contractors would automatically offer them employment? Contractors run independent businesses, Express drivers would not likely be a good fit at most Ground contractor companies. I’ve hired a few former Express drivers, they don’t work out, too soft.

You mean no neck tattoos

It will be fine

You may offer “benefits” butt the majority of contractors don’t.
Most probably don’t need to in order to attract employees. The ideal candidate is a young stupid man, they don’t typically care about benefits. I’ve had guys switch to different contractors without benefits because the bottom line on their paycheck would be higher. I prefer more stable employees that appreciate the benefits, leads to a better culture.

yadig

Pretty standard Blue Cross PPO. Hate to rain on your hurr durr parade. Keep making worthless digs if looking ignorant makes you happy. I wouldn’t want to kink shame.
According to you, if express and ground do a complete merge then nothing really changes. I didn’t know ground had all those benefits. How bout vacation time? Sick days? 😂😂💩💩😂😂💩💩

zeev

I find it odd that my entire tenure at express the Ramp has always needed drivers, and has always been a revolving door. And yet they can dangle a carrot of LWOP to upwards of 45,000 freight drivers.
Also, E star doesn’t work in metro areas. Period. I’ve run it for 5 months.
Freight drivers are paid more hourly and have a much better benefit package, more like real trucker’s bills of lading set appointments,. RTD more like glorified couriers .