Major Furlough at Express?

MAKAVELI

6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.
#Triggered

MAKAVELI

41lA4KNLv8L._AC_SY780_.jpg

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No he's a full-time troll.
6.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. Derogatory, insulting, or belittling statements, directed at other members as well as direct or indirect personal attacks are not permitted on our forum.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their personal situation. These examples are not exhaustive. Insulting or disparaging another member is a personal attack regardless of the manner in which it is done. These offensive comments are contrary to the spirit of legitimate, reasoned debate and damaging to the purpose of our community.

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, insulting, sexually-oriented or any material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from this site. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions.

MAKAVELI

#Triggered

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I see. He sure did Seem to be triggered about my post though.
I wasn't triggered by your post, I just wanted to correct the inaccuracies.

"You'll make the same once they take union dues" is the kind of anti union propaganda you would hear from a Walmart training video.

I'm not knocking you personally for your job, I'm just giving you facts.

You're welcome.

MassWineGuy

UPS is definitely top of the heap as far as wages and benefits. They earn every penny. But that often means not getting back to the building (no less back home) at 9 or 10 at night, then starting the next morning. That takes a big toll.

Guitarman01

I've been home for hours before I see the UPS guy come down my street. I'll take an air conditioned sprinter van any day over their trucks that beat you up just driving them. I'll also take less money for that work life balance. I worked at ups, I have no desire to be a driver there. If I do anything else, it won't be driving period.

dezguy

Hmmm Canada seems to be a lot different than USA I guess. Over here it’s 32/hr after 5. Swings at 35/hr after 5. Ups does make more at 35/hr for non-swing (I talk to the guy on my route everyday). Year end bonuses as well, very good benefits and a 6% company match. Nobody ever goes from Express to UPS here because it’s basically the same money and benefits. Called the industry standard. Y’all got it rough over there in USA sheesh. Nobody would do this :censored2: here for less than 30 bucks.
You must be in a different district because it certain is not $32 an hour after 5 years where I am...

Also, I'm paying nearly $200 a month between my :censored2:ty health benefits they just gutted and pension. The UPS guy on my pays $78 a month in union dues and gets fully paid, superior benefits and pension. You need to stop with the narrative that our pay is the same as UPS because it's not even close.

Last edited:

Serf

What sucks is to see the same 25-30 year employees get the day off after Thanksgiving. Not because lousy express is taking care of the senior ppl by giving them a day without pay. Because they can’t afford to retire because they didn’t have a union or serious benefit plan.

Serf

I think they are going to shut off estar even on Saturdays for our peak. If estar was trying to be like Orion to save gas, it's doing the opposite and everyone knows it including the higher ups.
My station too. They swear e star will be back come February. But we all know Express is too effed up.

Serf

Freight drivers are paid more hourly and have a much better benefit package, more like real trucker’s bills of lading set appointments,. RTD more like glorified couriers .
You’re right. Most RTD ppl are making 31$ and hour, have trouble backing into docks because they are so new. And basically shuttle J cans back and fourth to the airport.

lilwizbiz

You must be in a different district because it certain is not $32 an hour after 5 years where I am...

Also, I'm paying nearly $200 a month between my :censored2:ty health benefits they just gutted and pension. The UPS guy on my pays $78 a month in union dues and gets fully paid, superior benefits and pension. You need to stop with the narrative that our pay is the same as UPS because it's not even close.
In Canada I said

yadig

lol come on you know there's plenty of work for everyone

how so? we make 32/hr here after 5 years. UPS does make a bit more but after adding up union dues it works out to be the same amount.
You are clueless on union dues. How much is your health insurance? Ups smokes us on pay and benefits, it’s not even comparable. It might have been 30 years ago