Management and Admin Job cuts

ImWiredIn

I've heard that the cuts in staffing will amount to less than 3% of the management workforce. Apparently those in the district offices will be hardest hit?

One could argue that the "hands on" mgmt people that work in the centers deal with an awful lot, but there are certainly some bright individuals in the district offices as well. Anyone out there have the notion that they are on the chopping block...and why?

RoyalFlush

One of Them
Paraphrased from my notes during the presentation.

Centers will be consolidated - This means less operations managers will be needed.

Managers and above will become candidates - This means ALL managers and above, not just the ones who happen to be in the eliminated position. Candidate means the manager MAY get a job.

Each management person will be evaluated using this criteria (criteria is listed) - Each means every, not some or those selected or the displaced ones.

People meetings in the regions, district and corporate to fill the remaining positions - This is after all region, district and district staff positions are filled and announced.

The way I read this is the highest levels will be selected first, all remaining (including the extra higher level people) will be candidates for the next lower level, all remaining after this will be candidates for the next lower level and so on. Those left in the end will become unemployed. Rather than axing all the higher level, higher skilled people the opposite will be true - the lower level less skilled people will be the ones left without a job. No bumping, just re-picking the entire team starting from the top down.

Dustyroads

I understand in the heartland that four districts are combining, Kansas, Iowa, Arkansas and Missouri will all operate out of the Earth City/St. Louis district office. Quite a combo meal.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
There will be no more Oregon district....we are being combined into one gigantic mega-district with Washington, Alaska, Idaho and Montana. Some guy in an office up in Seattle will be calling the shots for an area 2/3 the size of the entire lower 48 states, stretching over three different time zones. Wow.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Maybe they are doing it by population......there's probably no more people in those states than in the state of N.Y.

Whoa, just did a quick check and those states total like Almost 9 million people and New York is 19 million people.