management changing time cards

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In your Area like mine your required to take a 1 hour lunch whether or not you take it or all of it is up to you in just needs to be in the board... If you work thought it or part of your giving the company back money. Next time your driving take your full lunch and don't do any work. If your with a SUP and he says lets only take a 30 minute lunch ask him if he is going to pay you for your other 30 minutes if he says no take the FULL hour and relax.....

He may have been running Code 5 as he had worked the preload that day.

brownproof

My supervisor knows i punched out from the preload. It would be wrong for me to stay clocked in bceause then i would be getting paid preload pay for thirty minutes when i should be receiving driver pay

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If the OP took his full lunch like he was suppose to there would have been a problem.....

...when you run Code 5 it is punch to punch...the kid worked the preload and then is being asked to drive what is probably just an extra....he does not need to take a full hour unless he has an 8 hour day...

OldManAllowance

Keep in mind, where is the employees "home" payroll center. The inside operation "loans" the hours worked to the delivery center. The diad timecard is only there for statistical purposes..not payroll. Meaning that the "home" location needs to have the total hours worked. This could be where the problem lies. Give your supervisors a heads up..let them explain your paid hours..if then you are not satisfied, pursue it on your own end.

Big Babooba

I would first ask my sup for an explanation of the time card change. If he is unwilling to or if his explanation doesn't hold water I would file a grievance. Keep in mind that doing so may put an end to your air driving.

Keep in mind that doing so could put an end to your supervisor's career at UPS.

ymelord

Keep in mind that doing so could put an end to your supervisor's career at UPS.

Grieve it before they cover it up. Their sup should lose his or her job, if altering time cards. We get fired for not recording breaks properly, it's stealing from the company, they should get fired if they are stealing money from you. The grievance will get things sorted out, right away.

Johney

Some supervisors change time cards. This person needs to notify his/her shop steward,keep track of all hours worked and all hours not worked and make sure it adds up on their next paycheck. We just had a two preload managers walked out for changing time cards. From what I hear(rumors)they were jacking quite a bit of time each day. It does happen and it's a shame that these people will basically steal from people who make next to nothing to "make their numbers". To be honest it just makes me sick and I wonder how they sleep at night. LOSERS!

Returntosender

Grieve it before they cover it up. Their sup should lose his or her job, if altering time cards. We get fired for not recording breaks properly, it's stealing from the company, they should get fired if they are stealing money from you. The grievance will get things sorted out, right away.

Cover it up. That is number 1 habit amongest management.

Johney

Cover it up. That is number 1 habit amongest management.
They can only cover it up for so long. Eventually they get caught up in between the truth and their lie and they can't remember which is which. Or they screw the wrong person who pays attention and nails them. In all the time I've been there I have yet to see a sup get away with scams for very long. They all get caught sooner or later, just like the hourly that steals the greed gets them all.....period.

brownIEman

My supervisor knows i punched out from the preload. It would be wrong for me to stay clocked in bceause then i would be getting paid preload pay for thirty minutes when i should be receiving driver pay

Are you saying you should be paid for the time you go home and shave? It may be different where you are, but around here, we generally do not pay insiders who are covering to change and get ready for driving. If one of our preloaders is asked to drive a route and has to go home and change, that is off the clock time.

The distinction is if I cannot find someone willing to take the route going in seniority order among those insiders qualified, and I have to force the lowest seniority employee to take it. Basically, this is extra work for an insider. If you are being forced to take the route, you should be paid for the time. If you are being offered extra work, but you have the option to turn it down and stay home without repurcussion, then getting yourself in a state to be ready for that work is your time.

Are you accepting offered extra work, or being forced to take a route?

brownproof

Of coarse not i don't expect to be paid for the time i go shave and change. If i take 30 mins to drive home and change (while punched out) , they say i have 30 mins. left for lunch. i take my 30 mins for lunch and after i punch out my time is changed, in the computer to an hour lunch, by management. My point is i am short pay. I want to drive but am never told when i will have the chance to until i am working the preload.

packageguy

I agree with bringing a uniform and a shaver to work. Don't even mention the "G" word, forget about any time you've already lost. No reason to stir the pot before you get seniority.

I understand what you are saying, but remember they know what there doing, They know he wants seniority, they know he won't say anything. So he is working for free. 1/2 hour a day 5 days, do the math.......