Management messing with my start times

PTPeanuts

Last week apparently they pushed back the start time and no one told me.
I was coming in early every day and doing work and now I'm not getting paid for it.
I just checked my timecard and they ignored the times I wrote down and used the delayed start time instead even though I was there doing work.
Is it too late to get it changed?

PT Car Washer

I was coming in early every day and doing work and now I'm not getting paid for it.
I just checked my timecard and they ignored the times I wrote down and used the delayed start time instead even though I was there doing work.
You got played. Mark it down as lesson learned.

Box Ox

You didn't.....I dunno.....look to your left, look to your right and figure out that your sort hadn't actually started yet? LOLLLLLLLLL

PTPeanuts

For what? Working off the clock?

It is his responsibility to know his start time by checking the posted schedule.

He can't just start whenever he wants.

What posted schedule?

You didn't.....I dunno.....look to your left, look to your right and figure out that your sort hadn't actually started yet? LOLLLLLLLLL

A few other people were standing around and they told me to start unloading the send again truck.
So I've been coming in and doing that every day.

Box Ox

A few other people were standing around and they told me to start unloading the send again truck.

Did they start working too or were they just pointing and laughing? Were those few other people supervisors?

PTPeanuts

Did they start working too or were they just pointing and laughing? Were those few other people supervisors?

One was a supervisor-in-training and the others were setting up the scanning station and just getting things ready such as opening all the doors.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
What posted schedule?

The schedule posted in every building, per the Contract.

Who? Management or fellow employees.

Were these the same people that told you to come in everyday before your posted start time?

It is different if you are there and they start you early. But to come in early and start on your own.....

One was a supervisor-in-training and the others were setting up the scanning station and just getting things ready such as opening all the doors.

That's fine. You were there and they started you early that day.

That does not give you permission to start coming in early on your own judgement from then on.

Jstpeachy

I’ve never seen a posted schedule lol. Chalk on the floor or Facebook post daily is all I’ve ever seen for start times. Where would one find said schedule?

PTPeanuts

I've never seen a posted schedule anywhere in the center.
And I always show up early because I don't like being stressed out about running late first thing in the morning and each time I show up early they tell me to start unloading the send agains.
I thought they wouldn't do this to me since I was working they would put my start time when I worked.
Oh well I guess I got screwed this week.

PT Car Washer

I've never seen a posted schedule anywhere in the center.
And I always show up early because I don't like being stressed out about running late first thing in the morning and each time I show up early they tell me to start unloading the send agains.
I thought they wouldn't do this to me since I was working they would put my start time when I worked.
Oh well I guess I got screwed this week.
If management is telling you to start early then you should be getting paid OT for starting before your posted start time. You have a legitimate grievance.

PTPeanuts

If management is telling you to start early then you should be getting paid OT for starting before your posted start time. You have a legitimate grievance.

I guess I will just let it so since they only cheated me out of 50 minutes and I don't even know how to file a grievance or who the union guy even is.
But thanks man you are my favorite poster here.
At least I know how things are and I won't do any work in the future before everyone is there.

Boston25

I guess I will just let it so since they only cheated me out of 50 minutes and I don't even know how to file a grievance or who the union guy even is.
But thanks man you are my favorite poster here.
At least I know how things are and I won't do any work in the future before everyone is there.
I wouldn’t let anything go. They are suppose to pay you for hours worked. Go in and ask who you’re shop steward is and file a grievance.

RolloTony Brown Town

Regardless of how your impending grievance goes...

Know the start time and don’t start UNTIL start time. If your supervisor tells you to start early then tell him ok and write down what time you were instructed to start working. Then you’ll have documentation of hours worked.

For what? Working off the clock?

It is his responsibility to know his start time by checking the posted schedule.

He can't just start whenever he wants.

What is a schedule at UPS? There isn’t one. The manager tells us 21 hours before of next days start time. It’s never 24 hour notice. That’s a big union failure. Hired to work 4:15am-8:15am. Have never had that shift.

Last edited: