Management Retirement at 59

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
new operations management no longer receive a retirement pension,,its said the "new' pay rate compensates..Sad really

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Still a good gig vs hourly

Union Free!
401k match for retirement
MIP..that you save for retirement
Healthcare is the only one I am not sure of for new management once they hit 55.

Union!
No 401k match
No MIP
You pay for healthcare when you retire

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

Union Free!
Healthcare is the only one I am not sure of for new management once they hit 55.

Union!
No 401k match
No MIP
We dont have MIP,but with the extreme number of Excessive Over Time checks we get the drivers in my building refer to it as DIP:happy-very:

hellfire

Union Free!

Union!
No 401k match
No MIP
401 k matched to a low % over a period of TIME..MIP can be decided by a high variable of uncontrollable incompetence.. Zero pension..Would you do it again starting now Dragon?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
401 k matched to a low % over a period of TIME..MIP can be decided by a high variable of uncontrollable incompetence.. Zero pension..Would you do it again starting now Dragon?

I would have to compare the benefits now compared to current full time hourly benefits. Apples to Apples....

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We also do not pay for our healthcare now.
Can management say that?
Also, didnt they lose their match a few years ago? (Yes they got it back) and a pay freeze too?

Oh yeah,they got it good...lmfao

Yes we did - and it's all back.
Please do not forgot to mention where the local's are having to decide where to put the pay raise for hourly..(usually goes into the pension fund for you guys) oh don't forget..retirement age has been moved no more 25 and out for new employee's and a lot of old ones who missed the cut-off.

Your turn...

Please do not forgot to mention where the local's are having to decide where to put the pay raise for hourly..(usually goes into the pension fund for you guys) oh don't forget..retirement age has been moved no more 25 and out for new employee's and a lot of old ones who missed the cut-off.

Your turn...
I need more coffee. maybe later!:teethy:

Honestly,I really dont care how much you make. After I seen a supervisor writting a letter of apology,to his boss.

It said some like this.
Dear DM. X I am truly sorry my driver had an accident. I will try harder to fix the situation....so on ,and so forth.

Really? I honestly felt bad for the man.

hellfire

I would have to compare the benefits now compared to current full time hourly benefits. Apples to Apples....
I would think most of the older operations people ,those that built the company and were allowed to actually manage would not do it again.Im sure your seeing the new generation of management .Not the same quality.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Honestly,I really dont care how much you make. After I seen a supervisor writting a letter of apology,to his boss.

It said some like this.
Dear DM. X I am truly sorry my driver had an accident. I will try harder to fix the situation....so on ,and so forth.

Really? I honestly felt bad for the man.

Seriously that's a first. I have never heard of a supervisor writing an apology.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I would think most of the older operations people ,those that built the company and were allowed to actually manage would not do it again.Im sure your seeing the new generation of management .Not the same quality.

Good reply, but what do you consider the older generation? Pre 1997? I started delivering when we were on paper.

beentheredonethat

Your turn...
Dragon.. weren't we dollar for dollar match? Now it's a 50% match?

Either way, free money is good and I utilize it.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. UPS has reduced a lot of the incentives for mgmt. However, the way I look at it, is that as they lower stuff they do for mgmt (we pay into health care, our MIP is not the same as what it was, our salary level is not above par vs peers in similar industries). I just reduce my workload to keep pace. They give 80% of what they gave, I give 80% of what I gave. It's a good balance, and I get to spend more time with my family now.

Why bother trying to be at the top of the pile, stay squarely in the middle and I get the same rewards and benefits then if I bust my but another 20+ hours a week. (Like I used to).

TxRoadDawg

it still beats part time management. full timer asked me why i dont do blah blah blah anymore told him i already proved to everyone the only thing i cant do well is tolerate bull:censored2: or bend over.