Management Retirement at 59

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. UPS has reduced a lot of the incentives for mgmt. However, the way I look at it, is that as they lower stuff they do for mgmt (we pay into health care, our MIP is not the same as what it was, our salary level is not above par vs peers in similar industries). I just reduce my workload to keep pace. They give 80% of what they gave, I give 80% of what I gave. It's a good balance, and I get to spend more time with my family now.

Why bother trying to be at the top of the pile, stay squarely in the middle and I get the same rewards and benefits then if I bust my but another 20+ hours a week. (Like I used to).

I agree and it still beats being on the truck all day every day.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. UPS has reduced a lot of the incentives for mgmt. However, the way I look at it, is that as they lower stuff they do for mgmt (we pay into health care, our MIP is not the same as what it was, our salary level is not above par vs peers in similar industries). I just reduce my workload to keep pace. They give 80% of what they gave, I give 80% of what I gave. It's a good balance, and I get to spend more time with my family now.

Why bother trying to be at the top of the pile, stay squarely in the middle and I get the same rewards and benefits then if I bust my but another 20+ hours a week. (Like I used to).

These trucks now have power steering and automatic transmissions!

30 to life

I agree and it still beats being on the

I don't understand how you can yell at people for numbers that come from the land of make belive boy do i miss Fred rodgers

Yes we did - and it's all back.
Please do not forgot to mention where the local's are having to decide where to put the pay raise for hourly..(usually goes into the pension fund for you guys) oh don't forget..retirement age has been moved no more 25 and out for new employee's and a lot of old ones who missed the cut-off.

Your turn...
$34.40 + 90% medical + $200 a year in pension. Retire with 30 years at age 51 on 6k a month, and some retiree medical.

$34.40 + 90% medical + $200 a year in pension. Retire with 30 years at age 51 on 6k a month, and some retiree medical.

This is the problem with UPS in a nutshell. 6k a month for life for a guy who's greatest accomplishment in life is getting his drivers license.... most likely not even a CDL which at very least requires some skill.
No skills, no college, maybe no high school diploma......
The skill set of a 3rd grader gets you roughly 2 to 3 million in cash and services....
Now that is the American dream right there

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
This is the problem with UPS in a nutshell. 6k a month for life for a guy who's greatest accomplishment in life is getting his drivers license.... most likely not even a CDL which at very least requires some skill.
The skill set of a 3rd grader gets you roughly 2 to 3 million in cash and services....
So the problem is rewarding loyalty and hard work? That isn't a problem. It's something to be proud of.

Lets see, how long you last??

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Yeah its a damn pity that UPS is forced to pay the people who actually do the work. Get over your little grudge.

Prob lem...that's a big word for me and my 3rd grade edu ec at on. I did other things before I got this cushy gig. Hiring, training, sales. And other jobs while ups was giving me free money. Real estate, rare coins, door to door sales, warehouse worker. My cdl did in fact expire in about 1999.

Yea Yea Yea and I use to walk 10 miles through the snow to the bus stop.....
Facts are Facts!! UPS is forced to pay one of it's least skilled employees double their market value. I guess my beef is why do 80% of all the drivers hate the company (management) & their job so much.... Pay me double my market value and I won't say one dang negative word.
PS.... I did not say you had a 3rd grade education I just said you only needed one to do your job.