Management vs Drivers

code42

Management wants too much out of drivers in too short of time to do it safely. Not to mention give the service that the customers deserve. There is no time to build a relationship with customers that could produce a sales lead. There's really no time to take a lunch break and make 9.5. Sad that a job that was once loved by it's employees has changed so much.

Drivers start the day complaining about the load. Then continue to complain about the amount of work they have. Then they complain about how unfair management is treating them and how the union does nothing about it. They wouldn't dare bother filing a grievance though. Only continue to complain about things as they carry themselves through the day like good little lemmings.
what do you folks have to add to this little rant?

ih8tbrn

Banned
Actually, if they are getting paid unemployment then working at UPS definitely sucks worse than that. If they are unemployed and not getting payed then they might think it doesn't suck. But I won't be in either of those spots anytime soon, so I still maintain that working for UPS sucks.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Depends on what you make of it. I find it fun sometimes to go nuts, kinda makes my day better even if they didn't do anything.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Management wants too much out of drivers in too short of time to do it safely.

Drivers start the day complaining about the load.

what do you folks have to add to this little rant?

Not much WillyBob ... figure you're just a troll trying to get some people riled up. Nothing wrong with that I guess.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Maybe you should try unemployment for comparison. I think at last estimate, there are millions that just might think working at UPS beats unemployment and it doesn't suck.

Its funny how there are millions of jobs openings across the country but people claim they can't find a job. Maybe being a bit too choosey.

SuperSup

Not much WillyBob ... figure you're just a troll trying to get some people riled up. Nothing wrong with that I guess.

Uh-oh, somebody's talking about the actual operations section of the company (you know, the REAL UPS), and Hoax can't relate, so he uses his old, trusty "troll" tag. Poser.

code42

After reading a few post from this, and other threads. I find that you guys never can stay on topic. This is perhaps the solution to the whole management vs employee problems. I see that both sides are represented on this board. Yet both sides do the same thing....hmmm odd board that will take me some getting use to.

Billy

In my opinion, it would be best for all if loaders made more $ Then they would care about their job more. In turn that would trickle down to the load being better. Making the driver happy and more productive. Making customers more happy, and getting leads. Making management more happy.

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
Its funny how there are millions of jobs openings across the country but people claim they can't find a job. Maybe being a bit too choosey.
Maybe they can't find a job that they wouldn't be going to to still go broke. What would be the point in taking a job that wouldn't meet your financial obligations?

brownrodster

. Not to mention give the service that the customers deserve. There is no time to build a relationship with customers that could produce a sales lead.

They wouldn't dare bother filing a grievance though.

Maybe you should change your attitude. I do just fine here and don't care one bit about customer service or turning in leads. What's wrong with filing?

I'm not paid to serve the customer. I'm paid to make my sup look good on paper.