the future of ups is international

we can't beat DHL in Europe and China will never ever allow a US company to be dominant forever (we have deluded ourselves otherwise); India will never advance because of their caste system sabotaging their future

the rest of the world is a waste of time, so no International isn't "the future"

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
any word when retired management and non-union folks will be asked to come back and keep the company going ?....ive been contacted but no definite day and time given...I am thinking we will continue on the international part ...the domestic part of ups doesn't contribute to the whole very much if at all. international is the future. too bad...I do think that the pters should get a boost. the fters have been selling out the pters since I started in the 1970s. compare the starting pays vs the minimum wages...the fters refused to share with the pters. .so I say strike and dont settle.

I was contacted last week about the possibility of coming back as CEO and Chairman of the Board. Carol is burning out and the Board wants a fresh set of eyes on this.

Let's make this easy - give the union whatever they want and hire some old guy to turn out the lights at 55 GlenLake Pkwy when the party is over....

brownIEman

How do they expect to get international packages from here to there without pilots???
Same way they did in '97, management pilots.

Actually had better departure and transit #'s during the strike. Ok, that was a much smaller number of flights, but it was getting next day air to all the major buildings...

Johney

Same way they did in '97, management pilots.

Actually had better departure and transit #'s during the strike. Ok, that was a much smaller number of flights, but it was getting next day air to all the major buildings...
Huh I was unaware of that. So they were able to run the air hubs in 97?

anonymous23456

I was contacted last week about the possibility of coming back as CEO and Chairman of the Board. Carol is burning out and the Board wants a fresh set of eyes on this.

Let's make this easy - give the union whatever they want and hire some old guy to turn out the lights at 55 GlenLake Pkwy when the party is over....
Quick...someone call Biden and say he is now the CEO of UPS. :lol: Also tell him they don't have the deck of notes ready for him.

brownIEman

Huh I was unaware of that. So they were able to run the air hubs in 97?
Yes.
By the end of the first week, they were running enough next day air the operation, as it was, was paying for itself. No idea how many management qualified pilots there are now in UPS Airline, but I'm sure there are some.

Karma...

I recall that Jim Casey invited the teamsters into united parcel service in round about 1930.......well it's time that the teamsters are invited back out........they didnt organize us at all...when the musics over turn out the lights.....turn out the lights ......on the way out....

RangerMan06

I recall that Jim Casey invited the teamsters into united parcel service in round about 1930.......well it's time that the teamsters are invited back out........they didnt organize us at all...when the musics over turn out the lights.....turn out the lights ......on the way out....

Will never happen. Management and corporate will be seeing themselves out soon however

Coldworld

60 months and counting

I’m calling Carol!!!