Managment offered me a BRIBE today to withdraw grievance Preload????

Tell that friend-----g B-t--ch to send it to the panel so they can laugh at her...Then you can laugh at her when they have to pay you for your grievances!!! DONT PUT UP WITH THAT CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!JUST PLAY THE GAME....Cheaters never win!!!!!

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
fightingthegoodfight: What I would recommend is keeping a pocket notebook with you while at work and document every time that you feel like this supervisor is mistreating you. Note the date, the time, the location, circumstances and, if possible, the witnesses to the infraction. That way, you are documenting the pattern of harassment.

Leave the notebook in the car. Make mental notes, and then document them once you reach your car. You don't want somebody accusing you do of doing this while on the clock, even if you weren't.

A

anonymous6

you are not gonna like my suggestion but here goes. i have had this problem 3-4 times in all my years and this Christian approach works like magic.

ask for a private meeting and ask ( it has to be sincere ) " I want to help us resolve this so we both win , what can I do to make your job easier?"

you have to mean it. take the personal dislike out of the equation. this bad supe is not the first or last you will encounter in your worklife so YOU will have to learn to get along with hard to like people.

when you speak to a person from THEIR point of view , you will see magic happen. they will practically melt right in front of you. you will see the tension release from them and they will start talking like a normal person.

people that I hated became tolerable friends after we had a heart to heart.

mean it, try it, you'll like the results.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
you are not gonna like my suggestion but here goes. i have had this problem 3-4 times in all my years and this Christian approach works like magic.

ask for a private meeting and ask ( it has to be sincere ) " I want to help us resolve this so we both win , what can I do to make your job easier?"

you have to mean it. take the personal dislike out of the equation. this bad supe is not the first or last you will encounter in your worklife so YOU will have to learn to get along with hard to like people.

when you speak to a person from THEIR point of view , you will see magic happen. they will practically melt right in front of you. you will see the tension release from them and they will start talking like a normal person.

You're right. I don't like it.
These type of supervisors aren't there to be your friend or a Christian.
They are narcissistic control freaks and need to be dealt with as you deal with a bully, you stand up to them.
These people prey on weakness and this approach will be interpreted as weakness.
Stay the coarse and "fightingthegoodfight".

Leftinbuilding

I used this approach many times and it usually improved the relationship. But, some people enjoy the battle. One think I do know.....in these personal, face to face confrontations, UPS usually wins. It may take years but they've got the time and patience. Seen it happen many times.

fightingthegoodfight

Thanks to everyone who has responded as i get ready for work now i know shell be wanted to know if i want to accept the "deal" and the answer is HELLNO i will make sure my steward is present if this happens...word is our district manager is supposed to come to the center on next wend...again just rumor

Any tips on how to speak to district as i am sure they will try to trip me up in an interview

Thanks to everyone who has responded as i get ready for work now i know shell be wanted to know if i want to accept the "deal" and the answer is HELLNO i will make sure my steward is present if this happens...word is our district manager is supposed to come to the center on next wend...again just rumor

Any tips on how to speak to district as i am sure they will try to trip me up in an interview
dont speak to him at all. There is no reason. They won't want to talk to you.

cino321

Come on you can't be serious this is a joke.

1. She can't prove you loaded the package. Just blame it on a PT sup throwing them in after you wrapped and punched out.

2. Load slow and don't make any mistakes and when they tell you're not working with a sense of urgency, tell them you do not know what that is and they need to demonstrate it. When they pull the sabotage card tell them you tried your best and you're fatigued.

3. For the future, you may want to consider taking those grievances away. If you ever have to defend someone who is getting fired for something you know they're guilty of, working out a deal is powerful negotiating tool. No one has time to wait for arbitration. Not you, the company, or the employee in question. You'll learn this as a steward.

beentheredonethat

I don't get why you wouldn't utilize your right to have the steward, then when she brought up misloads and termination why you didn't stop and get a steward immediately!!!!!! This makes no sense. Some mgmt like some teamsters do incorrect things. If what you said really happened I don't understand why you didn't get a steward to get a second witness etc..

Leftinbuilding

I don't get why you wouldn't utilize your right to have the steward, then when she brought up misloads and termination why you didn't stop and get a steward immediately!!!!!! This makes no sense. Some mgmt like some teamsters do incorrect things. If what you said really happened I don't understand why you didn't get a steward to get a second witness etc..

I think fightingthegoodfight thinks he is, single handedly, going to change the entire culture of UPS. I get the feeling he thinks he has the attention of everyone from the Board of Directors on down. Why, even the DM is coming to town. He sounds young so I will concede the apparent change-the-world attitude. If only he knew how many have taken on UPS before him. (and the percentage that no longer work here) But I am sure he is doing what he feels he has to do.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Ok, I dont know if anyone reading this is familiar with my constant harrassment battle with my FT manager but many posts have been made and i thank everyone who has responded but today takes the cake...heres how it goes:

On tuesday i was bumped from my normal preload position due to a driver (coming into the preload) pulling the senority card on me. I was on new trucks and wanted to make sure that i did a good job and not have any misloads because i am a steward and i know SUPS are out to get me anyway they can.

Towards the end of the sort i had some stack outs (as did a few others). I was wraping up my trucks when the FT sup (who has been harrassing me for sometime now) came up to me and asked me when i had stack out and that it was unacceptable. I told her that i am just following my methods and i wont put anything into my trucks w/o checking both labels. I told her that the reason why i dont get misload is because i follow my methods everyday. She left and then came back and started taking pictures on her phone of my "stack outs" and continued telling me if i did my methods properly i would not have stack out.

Anyway i left there feeling pretty confident that i did a good job. I was laid off yesterday but when i returned today i was brought into the office. I asked my other steward to come with me and when we both walked into the office she told him there was no need for him to be there as i was not getting written up and she just wanted to "talk" she showed the the misload report from tuesday and i apparently had 5 misloads. She said if she were to write me up it would be a working temination and if i were to withdraw the previous SUPS working grievances (which amount to about 200-300 dollars) that she would no write me up a blatent BRIBE. She said she has the misloads here (from Tuesday) and would be taking pictures of them that i didnt circle my labels. And i would be written up for 5 misloads.

My questions...

What can i do as i feel like i am still being harrassed and now BRIBED...this is rediulous and i want this to stop is making this type of bribe against UPS policy. I am in no way going to accept but i feel like she is going to get revenge on me one way or another. I was pretty much threatened my job for grievances i filed on SUPS working...is this against any laws???? And why is she holding unserviced packages for 3 days now???

Sir,, really?? you cant be this naive...I Hope..

fightingthegoodfight

I am young...5 years of service and i plan on being here for the next 20. This is my third center iv started in a mid-size preload. 3 large belts divided in half so 6 belts 6 colors. I then moved to a HUGE 24 hour hub 200-300 people a shift. there i did everything from loading unloading picking off iregs recycles boxline small sort. i just recently moved to a different state and i am now in what is a small 10-15 man preload 20-25 trucks.

I have seen the big picture and how things are supposed to work. This center that im at now is stuck in the stone age with a tyrant for a boss, with a corupt upper managment. I plan to stay here for the next 20 years and if i want to make this my home i feel like i need things to change. i would love to run this place as i feel like i could learn the town and do a good job but i would never want to work for the higher managment here.

The most experience our SUPS have is one year of driver helping. Preload SUP was a friend of the tyrant (HR didnt even hire him) OMS SUP (Hired off the street friend of tyrant) Dispatch SUP (one year of driver helper experience) last Preload SUP quit cuz of the abuse and again (friend of tyrant hired off the street)

This place is in SHAMBLES the other steward is also from a big center and we are trying to take on the world here. I do not under any circumstances want to compromise my job but i cant work in place like this after seeing 2 other centers and how they are run.

As far as my stewardship both of us have only been stewards for about 6 months now. he also has 5-6 years and we are doing our best in changing this place. We have already rallied the drivers and the driver stewards and they have now started a safty committee, filing 9.5's, standing up for the contract and fighting back! A new life is forming in this center but it is HARD...VERY HARD and hostile. Things will get worse before they get better but we are already in too deep

Managment is against stewards which makes the other preloads feel like managment is making it harder for everyone. People do not understand nor appreciate what we are doing and some want us to just stop and get mad at us protesting everything little thing but in realility we are taking the bullet for everyone in that place

Sorry for the ramble but any tips for this marathon fight would be appreciated. I just want to get this lady out of here and then maybe we can work towards a brighter future. :\

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
I am young...5 years of service and i plan on being here for the next 20. This is my third center iv started in a mid-size preload. 3 large belts divided in half so 6 belts 6 colors. I then moved to a HUGE 24 hour hub 200-300 people a shift. there i did everything from loading unloading picking off iregs recycles boxline small sort. i just recently moved to a different state and i am now in what is a small 10-15 man preload 20-25 trucks.

I have seen the big picture and how things are supposed to work. This center that im at now is stuck in the stone age with a tyrant for a boss, with a corupt upper managment. I plan to stay here for the next 20 years and if i want to make this my home i feel like i need things to change. i would love to run this place as i feel like i could learn the town and do a good job but i would never want to work for the higher managment here.

The most experience our SUPS have is one year of driver helping. Preload SUP was a friend of the tyrant (HR didnt even hire him) OMS SUP (Hired off the street friend of tyrant) Dispatch SUP (one year of driver helper experience) last Preload SUP quit cuz of the abuse and again (friend of tyrant hired off the street)

This place is in SHAMBLES the other steward is also from a big center and we are trying to take on the world here. I do not under any circumstances want to compromise my job but i cant work in place like this after seeing 2 other centers and how they are run.

As far as my stewardship both of us have only been stewards for about 6 months now. he also has 5-6 years and we are doing our best in changing this place. We have already rallied the drivers and the driver stewards and they have now started a safty committee, filing 9.5's, standing up for the contract and fighting back! A new life is forming in this center but it is HARD...VERY HARD and hostile. Things will get worse before they get better but we are already in too deep

Managment is against stewards which makes the other preloads feel like managment is making it harder for everyone. People do not understand nor appreciate what we are doing and some want us to just stop and get mad at us protesting everything little thing but in realility we are taking the bullet for everyone in that place

Sorry for the ramble but any tips for this marathon fight would be appreciated. I just want to get this lady out of here and then maybe we can work towards a brighter future. :\

AGAIN>> Sir,, really?? you cant be this naive...I Hope..

bumped

i just recently moved to a different state and i am now in what is a small 10-15 man preload 20-25 trucks.

\

Your in a small center. Your center manager is one of 2 things. She is on her way up the ladder or on her way down. It should be real obvious which one she is. She will last a year to 2 years max and you'll get a different one.

One way to unify your preload is to have the everyone on the preload that wants to sign the grievances sign. Whatever money you get for sups working gets split evenly.

raceanoncr

Fighting...You're a steward, you've been here a few months. Nothing wrong here. Have you been to steward's school yet? If you stay long enough, you will. Being a steward before I retired and having gone to steward school, let me iterate something that was empasized there and I've stated it many times here before too:

There are two types of grievances and two types of approaches:

1). When you or a member file because you think there has been a contract violation. The approach?
The burden of proof is on you or the member that there HAS been a violation.

2). When there is DISCIPLINE by the company, such as letter, working or non-working termination, etc.
The approach here? The burden of proof is on THE COMPANY. THEY have to prove, and not just say
that you or the member did these things.

In this case, are these pics she's taking of your "stack-outs" legit? Is that a disciplinary action? Taking pics of you working and not following methods? Is THIS legit? Have you asked for further training, that is, training from HER directly that proves the right way or that your way is wrong? Not that you need it but the point is, Make them show you and follow that to a "T".

Good luck and keep your head.

P.S. I don't necessarily think that CMs/DMs/Supes, etc. hate all stewards. My approach whenever I showed up for work and was presented a problem by a member, I immediately went to a/the supe and/or the manager on duty at the time to see if the problem was true and if we could resolve this without filing. I think because of that, we had a pretty good working relationship. And, no, I wasn't Jello. I would not give in when there were legitimate issues.