Managment offered me a BRIBE today to withdraw grievance Preload????

fightingthegoodfight

The thing that got me with the pictures is that i was singled out...i have the heaviest trucks in the building and i am stacked out EVERYDAY with nothing said...no one has actually been written up for stack outs tho it is threatened. On that day i was on different trucks had a minimal amount of stackout (as did other people) and she choose to take pictures of me...noone else...and i wasnt even the last preloader off the clock so i feel like i was harrassed. Then she trys to use these pictures to incriminate me and inreturn she wants to use them against me if i dont withdraw my paid out grievances...which i wont

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
I'm trying to be on your side here, my dude, but you keep giving me reasons to question. Soooo, you would be ok, then, if she took pictures of everyone in the building with stackouts? Stop comparing everything that's happening to you with everyone else...every single time. But taking pictures of your load should not 'make you feel harassed'.....that's not harassment.

I would like to get rid of terrible, harassing management as much as the next guy. But the more and more I hear from you, the more I feel like you just need to toughen up and get used to it. Mind your P's and Q's and stop giving her ammo. She may be 'picking' on you......but what can you expect if you have some stack-out problem and 5 misloads...?? Tighten up.

Leftinbuilding

I'm trying to be on your side here, my dude, but you keep giving me reasons to question. Soooo, you would be ok, then, if she took pictures of everyone in the building with stackouts? Stop comparing everything that's happening to you with everyone else...every single time. But taking pictures of your load should not 'make you feel harassed'.....that's not harassment.

I would like to get rid of terrible, harassing management as much as the next guy. But the more and more I hear from you, the more I feel like you just need to toughen up and get used to it. Mind your P's and Q's and stop giving her ammo. She may be 'picking' on you......but what can you expect if you have some stack-out problem and 5 misloads...?? Tighten up.

"Dude" is getting, and following some bad advice from people who have nothing at stake. His battle has become a personal vendetta and that rarely turns out well. He doesn't realize the target he has put on himself. He said he plans to make UPS a career. He better be perfect in every aspect because if he ever screws up, he is gone. Like I said in an earlier post, UPS is very patient. In my 36 years I can think of one employee who, while acting in a similar manner as this "dude", survived. A good steward can handle situations without it becoming all out war.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Dude" is getting, and following some bad advice from people who have nothing at stake. His battle has become a personal vendetta and that rarely turns out well. He doesn't realize the target he has put on himself. He said he plans to make UPS a career. He better be perfect in every aspect because if he ever screws up, he is gone. Like I said in an earlier post, UPS is very patient. In my 36 years I can think of one employee who, while acting in a similar manner as this "dude", survived. A good steward can handle situations without it becoming all out war.

The sad part is "dude" only has 5 years in----25 (or more) years left---that's a long time to be constantly butting heads with mgt. "Dude" needs to learn to play the game.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
If they ever try to bring you somwhere private, oh you better be ready to ask for a steward. Theres a host of other things they could try to do or say to you, as in this matter, that is one of three things. That being, they cant do anything unethical, unsafe or against the law towards you. Here it sounds like a play at blackmail, and that is against the law. It is also unethical in a buisness platform. A future reference, you and that other steward should have figured, from the past, that is she wants to speak alone for any reason, she will pull this bully type advance towards you. Always have company, always, no matter the reason.

If you wouldve gotten it on tape, it wouldve priceless towards the claim. Moving on, once she uttered those words to you, the first action shouldve been stand up, exit the room and head for that other steward to make the claim as quickly as possible. Then return with that steward so, mostly you, and the other steward could re-hear what she said. As a person, first, one should know state laws as well as union contract details. What she did was totally against the law.

To me, she sounds like the type of person looking to get that gold star on her record. If its only you she doing this to, regardless of filing, missloads or anything else, it is harassment. Singling you out will always be harassment.

I'd say, threaten before you file against anything in the future. This has obviously put a target on you, because you come off as the type that will jump right to it before advocating a file. I've known a few people like you in the past, that would jump to paper in a second. All of them arnt here anymore.

fightingthegoodfight

Of course i dont want her to take pictures of everybody shes not even our preload SUP shes an oncar SUP (that cant even drive stick BTW) i just want to come in do my job and go home...by her coming up to be and only me and start complaining about stacks and taking pictures for blackmail...of course i felt harrassed thats not even her place if she was my actual preload SUP it would be different.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is very obvious that you don't want to just come in, do your job and go home. You are enjoying this little vendetta you have going---the sad part is the supervisor will have the last laugh.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Of course i dont want her to take pictures of everybody shes not even our preload SUP shes an oncar SUP (that cant even drive stick BTW) i just want to come in do my job and go home...by her coming up to be and only me and start complaining about stacks and taking pictures for blackmail...of course i felt harrassed thats not even her place if she was my actual preload SUP it would be different.
fightingthegoodfight,

Refresh my memory.

Why do you think you are being harassed?

Sincerely,
I

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
If they ever try to bring you somwhere private, oh you better be ready to ask for a steward. Theres a host of other things they could try to do or say to you, as in this matter, that is one of three things. That being, they cant do anything unethical, unsafe or against the law towards you. Here it sounds like a play at blackmail, and that is against the law. It is also unethical in a buisness platform. A future reference, you and that other steward should have figured, from the past, that is she wants to speak alone for any reason, she will pull this bully type advance towards you. Always have company, always, no matter the reason.

If you wouldve gotten it on tape, it wouldve priceless towards the claim. Moving on, once she uttered those words to you, the first action shouldve been stand up, exit the room and head for that other steward to make the claim as quickly as possible. Then return with that steward so, mostly you, and the other steward could re-hear what she said. As a person, first, one should know state laws as well as union contract details. What she did was totally against the law.

To me, she sounds like the type of person looking to get that gold star on her record. If its only you she doing this to, regardless of filing, missloads or anything else, it is harassment. Singling you out will always be harassment.

I'd say, threaten before you file against anything in the future. This has obviously put a target on you, because you come off as the type that will jump right to it before advocating a file. I've known a few people like you in the past, that would jump to paper in a second. All of them arnt here anymore.

ORLY?!? Let me further clarify that for you, since how you stated it is incorrect.

If she is singles you out, while turning a blind eye to EVERYONE else who demonstrate the same problems as you, AND you can prove this....then it MIGHT be considered undue harassment. And that's a long shot. The only shot you had to stick it to this woman is your apparent bribe/extortion/blackmail case where you conveniently decided to exclude the one person that could help you out.

Even if this particular supervisor ends up getting moved, I fear you will have a very long, miserable career if a grumpy superior is ruffling your feathers to this extent.

AND, as you should do, my 'dude', I am moving on from this thread. Good luck...?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
ORLY?!? Let me further clarify that for you, since how you stated it is incorrect.

If she is singles you out, while turning a blind eye to EVERYONE else who demonstrate the same problems as you, AND you can prove this....then it MIGHT be considered undue harassment. And that's a long shot. The only shot you had to stick it to this woman is your apparent bribe/extortion/blackmail case where you conveniently decided to exclude the one person that could help you out.

Even if this particular supervisor ends up getting moved, I fear you will have a very long, miserable career if a grumpy superior is ruffling your feathers to this extent.

AND, as you should do, my 'dude', I am moving on from this thread. Good luck...?

He said there were other people stacked out as well. She was only going on about him, making statements and taking pictures over it. Yet, left everyone out of the same treatment. It seems this is been going on for some time now. And its obvious the paper put in is the cause over it, just toward one person.

I dont doubt she is and has done the things the OP has said. She is picking him only. Thus its singling out, thus harassment. I'd say if it even happens once, then you can file. Theres no room for more stress in this type of work place, make the threat of paper if it doesnt stop all at once.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A harassment grievance will rarely yield you a tangible decision from a panel or arbitrator.
It is simply our way, as hourly employees, to document a hostile work environment.
It's just that simple.
If you wait until the company's stacks enough paper/pictures to take you to a hearing, it will be too late to claim harassment.

He has already decided to not sit on his dick and stick up for himself unlike some the Nancy Boys on this site.
Any advice I give him from that point on is to help him fight.
In the end, if he does it right, he will insulate himself from problems and management will move on to easier targets.

fightingthegoodfight

Thank you bubblehead as yea coming from 2 much larger centers i see this place needs to be cleaned up i am positive that there is more to come my way. i have learned alot from everyone here who has posted so i thank you guys. Everyone in my center has suffered this abuse for YEARS and just fall in line. Barely ANY grievances were filed b4 i stepped foot into this center.

It kills me when my son tells me how cool UPS is and how he cant wait to work there. Not only are we working for a better place to work now...but for all the future employees who get a job in my center. NOBODY should work under such a tyrant who is just an oncar SUP but runs the place like shes hitler

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Thank you bubblehead as yea coming from 2 much larger centers i see this place needs to be cleaned up i am positive that there is more to come my way. i have learned alot from everyone here who has posted so i thank you guys. Everyone in my center has suffered this abuse for YEARS and just fall in line. Barely ANY grievances were filed b4 i stepped foot into this center.

It kills me when my son tells me how cool UPS is and how he cant wait to work there. Not only are we working for a better place to work now...but for all the future employees who get a job in my center. NOBODY should work under such a tyrant who is just an oncar SUP but runs the place like shes hitler

Spoken like a true Teamster.
If only there were more like us.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
A harassment grievance will rarely yield you a tangible decision from a panel or arbitrator.
It is simply our way, as hourly employees, to document a hostile work environment.
It's just that simple.
If you wait until the company's stacks enough paper/pictures to take you to a hearing, it will be too late to claim harassment.

He has already decided to not sit on his dick and stick up for himself unlike some the Nancy Boys on this site.
Any advice I give him from that point on is to help him fight.
In the end, if he does it right, he will insulate himself from problems and management will move on to easier targets.

Just the paper work will cost UPS 300 some bucks towards the teamsters to work through. Thats one thing UPS really hates, stick it to them. Who cares if it doesnt get an approval. Secondly it adds to the pervious history, hopefully, amongst these two people. And perhaps will grow more, with them and others. Here we see that this fulltime soup cant work with people. The history shows it, and will alter this persons future.

File away OP, it will make someone notice. Keep the copies in a known place at home. Use them in the future as needed. Document ( file ) out in the open, many people will be reading them over. Call the hotline, talk with fellow workers and write a letter to district.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
Oh, and another thing to do when going to work. Carry with you a single grievence form, blank. Make sure people see it! I've seen this work with me and others. Its just a posturing tactic. This says " look at me, I have paper and willing to use it if I get any flack from you again ". I learned this a few years ago, when a Pt sup was getting on me about stack outs. Three times in one night he threaten to write me over it, yet the building manager gave me clearance to do so, since they are heavy cars, stack out what I need to have a clear work path until the end of the night and thusly bulk it in.

I was rather upset at him for getting on me three times while others had just as much stacked out. So I brought a paper with me the next shift, the rest of that night I was given royal treatment.

Also, get a pack of files and just start passing them out to each and every person nearby. Start arming people and give them notice to use them when they feel the need or if they break contract agreements.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

As I said man, start arming people. Inform, inform and inform again. Try to fill your fellow workers in on articles, and they are allowed to file amongst the contract agreements. Knowledge is power, start teaching and start being a great steward who actually has the grapes to do something about the abuse.

Also get together with your fellow workers. Be great friends and start sharing stories. Get the oil pessure moving to support yours and others causes. This is a team effort, its hard to fight with just one. Make something out of it. There should be a union PCM among the one for UPS, make it happen.

beentheredonethat

The more I you write the worse your case from my viewpoint. Are you saying an on road supervisor in your center can't document problems on the preload? Does your stacking, cause the driver to leave the building late? if so, it impacts her driver and her production elements. The 5 misloads you metioned earlier will certainly impact her driver. He either will spend time deliverying the misloads or record them as Missed on road. Either way, those are elements that impact her. The manager of a center often will have supervisors help out other areas that are least best. If a UPS manager (or supervisor) was in your area and noticed improper procedures they should document the problem and work on fixing it.

Also, adding comments such as "she can't even drive a stick" doesn't add anything to your point of what she is doing to you. You are making this personal. It doesn't matter if she can preload better or worse then you or whether she can drive a stick or not. Her job in mgmt is to document people not following methods and having service issues.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Oh, and another thing to do when going to work. Carry with you a single grievence form, blank. Make sure people see it! I've seen this work with me and others. Its just a posturing tactic. This says " look at me, I have paper and willing to use it if I get any flack from you again ". I learned this a few years ago, when a Pt sup was getting on me about stack outs. Three times in one night he threaten to write me over it, yet the building manager gave me clearance to do so, since they are heavy cars, stack out what I need to have a clear work path until the end of the night and thusly bulk it in.

I was rather upset at him for getting on me three times while others had just as much stacked out. So I brought a paper with me the next shift, the rest of that night I was given royal treatment.

Also, get a pack of files and just start passing them out to each and every person nearby. Start arming people and give them notice to use them when they feel the need or if they break contract agreements.

One day, you will realize that you guys are your own worst enemies...

fightingthegoodfight

All im saying is that because i filed on SUPS working mulitple times and she now has to pay out grievances (which prob hasnt EVER happened on the preload side b4) shes taking incriminating photos (which again hasnt EVER been done to anyone else EVER) and shes using that against me to bribe me to withdraw my previous grievances, which is NOT ok. She is the one makin this personal she should have just written me up i would have signed and filed a grievances on the misloads. Now i am filing art 37 (which is now the 4th art 37 i have filed against her) i am frustrated because nothing is being done about her harressment and again i am not the only one being harrassed

I know the system i know she has every right to take pictures write us up ect. But she is choosing to do this to only me. Souly for the fact because i wrote her up.

Am i just supposed to shut up and take it and fall in line like every other scared preloader in the center? in the past few months i have showed everybody we have rights and we deserve better and have now rallied a new life into this center...dont tell me i dont have a case here shes wicked and shes the one making this a full blown personal battle and I for one am not going to take this crap anymore.