Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Applied for a direct hire for package delivery driver off the website and have a scheduled interview for next week.
Are they most likely hiring full time or part time?
Some have said they will not hire anyone off the street as a direct to driver; is this true?
Any other words of advice would help or info on what to expect.
Thanks
what do you look like

Jody43

Completed the introductory step and have been invited for a second interview. I meet all the qualifications (I can drive a manual clean driving record etc). I was given a sheet of 'Space and Visibility" in which I have to memorize. There is an online assessment they spoke about. Can anyone explain what this consists of? They said it can take 4 hrs. Also whats the road test like?
Thanks

take your time

Completed the introductory step and have been invited for a second interview. I meet all the qualifications (I can drive a manual clean driving record etc). I was given a sheet of 'Space and Visibility" in which I have to memorize. There is an online assessment they spoke about. Can anyone explain what this consists of? They said it can take 4 hrs. Also whats the road test like?
Thanks

I don't know what it's like in your location, but for my road test, they gave me the :censored2:tiest truck you could imagine. I was used to driving :censored2: manual cars, but honestly this truck made my car feel like a Porsche. The manual transmissions on the UPS trucks are Synchronized, meaning you don't need to double clutch. But the problem is the synchronizing rings are worn out, so the gears grind. When I tested, I stalled the truck once. But I took the time to learn the gear positions, and took off with no problem.

The sup wanted me to drive twice around the hub, inside the yard. Then we hit the road. After about 30 minutes, we returned to the hub and he said I passed. Told me what I needed improvement on. Then he sent me to driving school. The guy being road tested after me failed, he stalled his truck twice. Didn't even make it past the inside yard drive. Keep that in mind.

Jody43

I don't know what it's like in your location, but for my road test, they gave me the :censored2:tiest truck you could imagine. I was used to driving :censored2: manual cars, but honestly this truck made my car feel like a Porsche. The manual transmissions on the UPS trucks are Synchronized, meaning you don't need to double clutch. But the problem is the synchronizing rings are worn out, so the gears grind. When I tested, I stalled the truck once. But I took the time to learn the gear positions, and took off with no problem.

The sup wanted me to drive twice around the hub, inside the yard. Then we hit the road. After about 30 minutes, we returned to the hub and he said I passed. Told me what I needed improvement on. Then he sent me to driving school. The guy being road tested after me failed, he stalled his truck twice. Didn't even make it past the inside yard drive. Keep that in mind.
What about the other steps like the online assessment

take your time

What about the other steps like the online assessment

Those were computer "modules". Pretty much when you get to school, you will sit on a computer and "learn" different things. They will teach you about the Diad, Safety methods, Backing up, International Shipping, Inside AM Routine, Inside PM Routine, etc.

To be honest, they help if you are an off-the-street guy, but it's just the tip of the iceberg. When you start to work, it's a different story.