Masks and gloves - Is your hub providing?

542thruNthru

I was never asked to go find a pallet; however, if they did not have one in place when I got there, I would go grab one that was leaning against a wall and get started unloading.

They used to try and put me in "queue". Costco used to be a problem as well. They all think we work for them. Nope, I treat them all like every other customer.

NR1 Walmart many times and when I was told to go back I would show up minutes before their receiving closed. It was a pain having all that stuff in my truck but worth it in the end when they started walking out with pallets when they saw me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our local Walmart was pretty good to work with. The problem was while they had 4 bays most of the time at least 1 had an empty trailer on it and one of the other bays was usually taken by the beer guys who refused to unload their pallets and then pull off the dock opting instead to work out of their trailer. While it was easier for them it did make it that much harder for the rest of us to try to get on to their dock. There were days that I would load the packages on to pallets in the parking lot and bring the pallets in one at a time.

What did you do with their NDA if you were unable to get on the dock?

542thruNthru

Our local Walmart was pretty good to work with. The problem was while they had 4 bays most of the time at least 1 had an empty trailer on it and one of the other bays was usually taken by the beer guys who refused to unload their pallets and then pull off the dock opting instead to work out of their trailer. While it was easier for them it did make it that much harder for the rest of us to try to get on to their dock. There were days that I would load the packages on to pallets in the parking lot and bring the pallets in one at a time.

What did you do with their NDA if you were unable to get on the dock?

Rarely did the docks here. It was all pallets on the ground. Usually air was for the inside deliveries but I would put NR1 on the ones for the dock. They refused to take anything unless it was my turn.

FedEx guys used to scramble like crazy to meet Walmart demands and get in line. I wasn't doing that crap. The "sorting" of the pallets is what really got me. The person wanted to stand there and dictate how they were loaded. Lots of fun discussions over that lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rarely did the docks here. It was all pallets on the ground. Usually air was for the inside deliveries but I would put NR1 on the ones for the dock. They refused to take anything unless it was my turn.

FedEx guys used to scramble like crazy to meet Walmart demands and get in line. I wasn't doing that crap. The "sorting" of the pallets is what really got me. The person wanted to stand there and dictate how they were loaded. Lots of fun discussions over that lol.

They stood there and watched you load the pallet?? Yeah, that wouldn't work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sam's Club was just as bad. I would pull up, blow the horn, back in to position, ring the bell, open the rear door, start scanning and they still had not opened the door. There were days that I had the whole stop scanned before they opened the door.

One day I rang the bell and an employee let me in. There was no one from receiving anywhere around. I grabbed a pallet, opened their door, scanned all of the packages, placed them on the pallet, still no one around. Closed the receiving door and I walked around until I found someone from receiving to sign. They were not happy with me but both my on car and business manager supported what I had done.

542thruNthru

Sam's Club was just as bad. I would pull up, blow the horn, back in to position, ring the bell, open the rear door, start scanning and they still had not opened the door. There were days that I had the whole stop scanned before they opened the door.

One day I rang the bell and an employee let me in. There was no one from receiving anywhere around. I grabbed a pallet, opened their door, scanned all of the packages, placed them on the pallet, still no one around. Closed the receiving door and I walked around until I found someone from receiving to sign. They were not happy with me but both my on car and business manager supported what I had done.

But wait... thats not their policy.. how did you do that? I thought we had to follow the company's policy because we are a vendor. :)

Thank you Dave. They still talk about all of the amazing things you did.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

One of BrownCafe's own.... stepping up to the plate.

94702496_544773299559781_5360666325586804736_n.jpg

542thruNthru

I did notice a little bit of brown on your nose, the tip of your tongue and around the corners of your mouth.

Oops....almost forgot....:)

Why the smiley face? I don't get the joke. Sometimes you gotta toss that salad.

I don't think you're understanding the premise of the smiley face...