May lose my house waiting to drive.

WTFm8

You've been an on-call driver for the last 10 months?

Hired 2 weeks short of a year ago as a driver. Came in perfect time, basically no PT want driver positions here. 3 retirements and a 4th became an ORS so I already moved up 4 spots. Another 2-3 retirements next year.

Straight to school, 30 days inside, delivered bulk stops in rental and did helper work along with work local sort in evening during peak.

Didn’t work like 6 weeks total this year, considered ‘Temp Cover Driver’ on the list, but have 1,615hrs in for this year so far.

Probably 5 months of 50-59 hour weeks this year.

wilberforce15

Have you been through the class? Passed road test?

If you are a new full-time driver, prepare for a lean year with plenty of layoff time to start. Everybody goes through it

And often nobody tells them that before they are fully into the job.

Bids advertise it as Full-Time and then a guy gets 1000 hours in the first year, and they have every right to be pissed off.

People assume the union and the company are being honest, and that this is full-time work. It's not. It's full-time status only.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
If insurance is your primary concern, just letting you know from my past experience, each week that you don't have hours, you don't have insurance. At least in my area

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
And they won't let you know. You find out the hard way when you try using it. Pretty sad really. O hope it works out for you.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Wall street wasn't to blame.
People living beyond their means was the problem.
If people would have paid their bills the economy wouldn't have tank.
The American Consumer is to blame for the 2008 Economic Downturn
To an extent I agree. Banks giving out loans to people that should never of had them was also to blame.

Both sides exhibited greed and ignorance.

To an extent I agree. Banks giving out loans to people that should never of had them was also to blame.

Both sides exhibited greed and ignorance.
You can still get loans that you can’t pay back. It’s your obligation to plan out your future. Your own fault when you sign the papers and do not pay.

rickyb

Wall street wasn't to blame.
People living beyond their means was the problem.
If people would have paid their bills the economy wouldn't have tank.
The American Consumer is to blame for the 2008 Economic Downturn
look up william k black and find out what % of the fraud was lender induced.

in 2009 he quoted the FBI saying its 80%

rickyb

You can still get loans that you can’t pay back. It’s your obligation to plan out your future. Your own fault when you sign the papers and do not pay.
no its not. the banks are in teh business of lending, thats all they do, so they should be experts on how much to lend to people. its called "prudent lending".

you should get new economic perspectives. you also think the economy is better than it was in the 70s, 60s, 50s and its radically worse.