McCain and Palin

Leftinbuilding

When you think about it, what does a Senator (Congressperson) do? They spend. And make laws that others have to implement. No real accountability (other than re election) or responsibility. A Governor has to be able to work, and manage within the confines given them. Much more skill required to be a Governor than a Senator. Not unlike I.E. making decisions and center manager's having to make it work. Sometimes I.E. (Congress) seems like they are from another planet. Out of touch!

diesel96

Go back and read your own post. You said she was not the best or most qualified. That is very much a similarity. And Im sure McCain's choice was not a whim like you say; nice try though

Going thru an 18 month long grueling campaign tour for the presidency of the US bolsters first hand experience of expectations as a result of touring state to state, country to country listening to the peoples concerns and needs, debating the issues with your foes, and displaying good judgement on the issues past and present, and the ability to deflect criticisms.

I think you are missing the point. The point is, is Obama and/or Palin qualified to be president, not how they were chosen. I would have to say that Palin as of today appears to be more qualified than Obama appeared to be 18 months ago. Time will tell.

Disagree...on one hand you have Palin dealing with state issues and Obama dealing with federal issues. You will witness in the up coming campaign trail a video interview of Ms Palin virtually disqualifying herself.

A little emotional there L I B....Hillary voters are slimy?, and you claim to know a lady of class that you had know idea who she was yesterday.

Not emotional at all, thank you. Yes, I consider Hillary, and by extension, those who support her, slimy. My opinion is based on her stance on issues of morality. My opinion of Palin is based on the same criteria, so yes, I consider her a lady of class.

Are you another one of those evangelicals types who wish to thrust their morality onto others. I prefer to keep church out of state, thx but no thx.

You're right Obama talked change but did not understand this simple concept and took a 30 year hardcore well entrenched DC insider as has running mate.

Meanwhile John McCain actually walked the talk and brings forth a fresh face that puts the liberals in the unenviable position of slamming what they have always wanted..... a female executive.

The knock on Obama was his experience and foreign policy, so naturally he picks a running mate and confidant strong in those categories. On the other hand, McCain weakness was the economy, so you'd think he should have picked a Romney-type, but no, his out of touch staff directs him to pick a woman who's still in diapers on the national scene to steal disgruntled Hillary voters. If thats not pandering call me Shirley.

propped up by the rock star campaign again evident with the DNC moving the convention to a stadium packed with 75,000 liberls flown in from all over the country.
Paired up with Joe Biden who when running for the democratic ticket was barely able to beat out "none of the above" in his limited run for the presidency.

Should be interesting when the debates start up and Obama is actually expected to speak with no crib notes or telepromter supplied.

I know, jealousy breeds contempt, and if I'm not mistaken, the "liberls?" and the rest of the audience paid their own way, but thanks for your inaccurate assumption that all was flown in....had a good laugh.
As far as the debates, my money is on Obama and Biden hands down....bring on Bob Barr as well so Wkmac doesn't feel left out in never-never land.

Are you kidding . McCain only has to show up to get those vote. Lets see will I vote for John McCain who has years of experience preparing for this job or vote for Dumbo the elephant and his circus act.

Isn't dumbo the elephant the mascott of the republicans..

moreluck

golden ticket member
L.I.B.
A long time ago there was a calendar of the days in session for congress. It started with a full 365 day year. Then slowly, it crossed out holidays, vacations, weekends, etc. and when it was all over with, it showed the very few days that congress is actually in session.....unlike most Americans who work a 5 or 6 day week......every week. It was an eye-opener.

In 2006, it was less than 100 days.

wkmac

wkmac,
Being gov. of Alaka?.....Alaska(626,932) & Delaware(783,600) are not that much different except for land mass.

Hoaxster said it but IMO when you judge on that level, Biden and Palin don't match out as the nod would go to Palin. Gov. is a chief executive, blah, blah and Senator is one of 100 who acts in a different kind of capacity. Not saying this automatically makes Palin a better leader because as VP that job lends itself to directing legislative agendas, Biden will obviously score extremely high whereas Palin very low just by nature of experience.

Everyone brings plus and minuses to the table!

Come to think of it, if Rudy is qualified based on role as mayor, then Palin scores even better IMO.

tourists24

Going thru an 18 month long grueling campaign tour for the presidency of the US bolsters first hand experience of expectations as a result of touring state to state, country to country listening to the peoples concerns and needs, debating the issues with your foes, and displaying good judgement on the issues past and present, and the ability to deflect criticisms.
ok,,, we know how hard Obama worked to get the nomination, but it still doesnt mean he was the most qualified Dem, which is what you're complaint was about Palin.

Are you another one of those evangelicals types who wish to thrust their morality onto others. I prefer to keep church out of state, thx but no thx.
no different than anyone else pushing their morality. Whether you are religious or not, people always voice which side of an issue they fall based on their beliefs. Just because you may or may not be religious doesnt mean your beliefs are more correct either; so quit forcing them on us

I know more about Palin after watching her for 15 minutes than I know about Obama after watching him for hours. I think Obama needs those charts and graphs that Perot used.

Leftinbuilding

Are you another one of those depraved types who wish to thrust their immorality onto others? I prefer everyday common decency in our government.

Leftinbuilding

I know more about Palin after watching her for 15 minutes than I know about Obama after watching him for hours. I think Obama needs those charts and graphs that Perot used.

Obama just needs someone to tell him what to say. Just don't ask him to speak off the cuff. The man is hilarious.

diesel96

Are you another one of those depraved types who wish to thrust their immorality onto others? I prefer everyday common decency in our government.

I perfer we leave out moral and religious judgement and influences out of state and Gov't and anyone who thinks differently loses their tax breaks if your group or org. starts endorsing public representatives.
The worst form of immorality are those who judge others based on their own deficiencies and beliefs.

Leftinbuilding

I perfer we leave out moral and religious judgement and influences out of state and Gov't and anyone who thinks differently loses their tax breaks if your group or org. starts endorsing public representatives.
The worst form of immorality are those who judge others based on their own deficiencies and beliefs.

Agreed. Start with Al Sharpton and anywhere Jesse Jackson makes a "preaching" appearance. As to your last line, that is beyond ridiculous, and deserves no response.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

After reading several of your replies on this post, I think this is more of miscommunications problem that true disagreement. You are using the term "Morality" in a way that most other people misconstrue. If you used "personal moral standards" instead of morality, more people may understand that part of your point better.

Morality is the basis of most of our laws and a government without morals just does not work. Even the Soviet Union and China figured that out. North Korea probably comes the closest to a governement without morals in the world today and it is dysfunctional at best.

Leftinbuilding

It has always interested me that the libs think they get to define what is moral and what isn't. Then, if you disagree with them you are immoral. For instance, fighting a war for our country - immoral. Killing an unborn child - moral. Disagree with them on these issues and you are immoral. Countless other examples.........

browndevil

It has always interested me that the libs think they get to define what is moral and what isn't. Then, if you disagree with them you are immoral. For instance, fighting a war for our country - immoral. Killing an unborn child - moral. Disagree with them on these issues and you are immoral. Countless other examples.........
Since we don't have a clear answer as to when life begins we will never agree on abortion. So until then it is a very personal choice it is up to you, your family, your faith, your religion , your God. Therefore that is why I am pro-choice I am pro YOUR choice to decide. Keep it legal, safe and rare

Leftinbuilding

Since we don't have a clear answer as to when life begins we will never agree on abortion. So until then it is a very personal choice it is up to you, your family, your faith, your religion , your God. Therefore that is why I am pro-choice I am pro YOUR choice to decide. Keep it legal, safe and rare

Kinda curious about what the baby might say.

tourists24

Ive made my "choice" on when life begins so it is simple in my case. But let me ask you something. If life does not begin at conception, then that means that there is some split second that it does become life. If there is not a clear answer, doesnt it make sense to err on the side of life? If you allow abortions after the point life begins, isn't that murder?