Mechanic back pay for slotted progression

MuricaMan01

Just a quick question for confirmation. I will be with ups 2 years this coming April. New contract States that the new mechanic progression is 85% of top pay to start, 90% after 1 year and top pay at 2. It also States we will be slotted in the current progression as of August 1st 2018. I currently am at $25 so 90% of top pay is 32.44 in my area. Will I be getting paid back for $7.44 an hour plus whatever little overtime I've worked? Thanks for the input.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Just a quick question for confirmation. I will be with ups 2 years this coming April. New contract States that the new mechanic progression is 85% of top pay to start, 90% after 1 year and top pay at 2. It also States we will be slotted in the current progression as of August 1st 2018. I currently am at $25 so 90% of top pay is 32.44 in my area. Will I be getting paid back for $7.44 an hour plus whatever little overtime I've worked? Thanks for the input.
Yes, they owe you a huge check. Keep track of every single hour worked because when they have to issue checks that big "mistakes" happen.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
They might make you a 22.4 mechanic. A lot of the newer guys here are being forced into it.

Lol I am in a IAM shop and right after the contract was forced on you guys some of the mechanics were freaking out about 22.4 type screwing for new mechanics being proposed this August when our contract is up.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes