Membership Is A Luxury I Can No Longer Afford

Imchar1

New people now do all the work I used to do. I now get the bare minimum number of hours. I will be going back to my old job that I used to do before my seniority meant something because now it is worthless. I don't see any reason to pay dues to an organization that didnt bother to protect qthe interests of myself and people like me. IBT gave UPS its wettest dream. They have allowed the company to flood the workplace with cheap labor and no seniority or classification protections.

I have 6 years left till retirement. I will not pay dues to people that sold me out. I am also fairly certain I am not the only one.

Time for change

New people now do all the work I used to do. I now get the bare minimum number of hours. I will be going back to my old job that I used to do before my seniority meant something because now it is worthless. I don't see any reason to pay dues to an organization that didnt bother to protect qthe interests of myself and people like me. IBT gave UPS its wettest dream. They have allowed the company to flood the workplace with cheap labor and no seniority or classification protections.

I have 6 years left till retirement. I will not pay dues to people that sold me out. I am also fairly certain I am not the only one.
Many from the union and many drivers have already made it clear they don’t care if part timers leave the union in mass.

542thruNthru

Bye Felicia.

giphy-22.gif

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Let me guess. Republican?

No One on hwy9

I'm beginning to think part of the vote no thing was hijacked an anti-union group. Cause I'm reading a bunch of I'm going to turn scab crap for not getting everything they want. It's negotiation not Christmas.

Same ol crap

I'm beginning to think part of the vote no thing was hijacked an anti-union group. Cause I'm reading a bunch of I'm going to turn scab crap for not getting everything they want. It's negotiation not Christmas.
Why would people pay union dues for a min. wage part time job? Also we didn't get anything, not everything. Our union is weak and in UPS's pocket. Wake up and stop being a sheep.

llamainmypocket

By 2022 yes but again that's one city. 90% of the country *drumroll* this is not a minimum wage job.

It's not one city. Fact check yourself. You're just saying that because it makes your argument feel stronger. Lots of places are set for 15$ minimum wage and they are highly population areas that lots of people live in.

Also, I'd be willing to bet you're making more than twice that amount. Wages aren't a source of vanity for some of us that actually have to live on these :censored2: wages.

542thruNthru

It's not one city. Fact check yourself. You're just saying that because it makes your argument feel stronger. Lots of places are set for 15$ minimum wage and they are highly population areas that lots of people live in.

Also, I'd be willing to bet you're making more than twice that amount. Wages aren't a source of vanity for some of us that actually have to live on these :censored2: wages.

Yes we all knows it's not just 1 city. Like I said 90% of the country this job is not a minimum wage job. Especially when you factor in benefits. I'm not trying to attack you. I'm just point out that a blanket statement of this is a minimum wage job is BS.

Here is another chart for you. Hate me all you want but you're wrong. Most of the country will be below 15$ and that's not including benefits.

Everything You Need to Know About the Minimum Wage Fight in One Chart

542thruNthru

Lol. Does it mean that part-timers should be paid less than half the cola of living?

I'm in favor of paying PTers more. You can find that out with a easy search of this website. What annoys me is someone saying they are going to stop paying union dues because this is a minimum wage job. If you can stop paying union dues you're in a RTW state which also means this definitely isn't a minimum wage job for you.

Pay PT the same wage as drivers. I honestly don't care but it will never happen in only certain states.

llamainmypocket

Yes we all knows it's not just 1 city. Like I said 90% of the country this job is not a minimum wage job. Especially when you factor in benefits. I'm not trying to attack you. I'm just point out that a blanket statement of this is a minimum wage job is BS.

Here is another chart for you. Hate me all you want but you're wrong. Most of the country will be below 15$ and that's not including benefits.

Everything You Need to Know About the Minimum Wage Fight in One

For myself, for california, for Seattle it's a minimum wage job. I will refer to it as such and be factual.

Everything You Need to Know About the Minimum Wage Fight in One Chart

For myself, for california, for Seattle it's a minimum wage job. I will refer to it as such and be factual. I don't give a :censored2: what a 5 person hub in Utah is making.

Also, unlike your 30$+ an hour job where dollars simply Express a number to boost your own sense of worth some of us have to live on this hourly rate. Let me give you another fact, it's not enough. You can't live on healthcare.

llamainmypocket

I'm in favor of paying PTers more. You can find that out with a easy search of this website. What annoys me is someone saying they are going to stop paying union dues because this is a minimum wage job. If you can stop paying union dues you're in a RTW state which also means this definitely isn't a minimum wage job for you.

Pay PT the same wage as drivers. I honestly don't care but it will never happen in only certain states.

I'm not supportive of scabbing. I get the anger and I get the why be in a union, but it's still freeloading. Poor doesn't mean I can't contribute.