Merit Increase Rumor

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
CEO salary has little to do with their actual worth or work

Go ahead and try to hire a CEO for say 500k a year instead, see what you end up with

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Please enlighten us on exactly what a CEO does now a days.
We have experienced headwinds in.......
Nevermind, gimme my 70k per day and everything will be ok. Tell the press we are sending 10 million masks to China and we are taking care of our employees.

Did I miss anything?

UPSER1987

We have experienced headwinds in.......
Nevermind, gimme my 70k per day and everything will be ok. Tell the press we are sending 10 million masks to China and we are taking care of our employees.

Did I miss anything?

A CEO is just a figurehead in every company. UPS is no different. You expect the CEO to make what you do? Geez.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
No, but how does anybody justify their ridiculous salary when the company would do just fine if they didn't show up for work for 6 months. The chairmen make all the decisions.
Remember when Abney took over and implemented the 8pm curfew for drivers? That lasted maybe 2 weeks.
He found out quick the most important things in the corporate world are stock price and percieved public image. Screw the ones that are out generating income for the company. Just look how frontline management has been shafted in the last few years. No hourly in their right mind would take that job now.

beentheredonethat

They funded this years raise with the MIP money they stole. New trick this year...if you are over 110 percent of your job grades pay range you only get 2% max. To add to the screw this money is provided as a monthly bonus not added to your base (no more compounding for you) . Over time no one will earn more than 110 of your pay grade. Now calculate how this tricky math impacts your pension ...especially if you have 5-8 years left! With this new language an "acceptable" pay rating gets you the max 2% raise...no need to work toward "strong or exceptional performer" anymore. This change is going to leave a mark on those over 40....
It's if you are at 120%, not 110%. I was above 110, now I'm at 119.8 after a good raise. However, next year, I will be capped assuming that UPS raises it's range for the pay band. If they do not, then there will no raise and just a lump sum bonus.