Mgmt Retirement Age Change

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I wish my old C.M. lost everything right before he retired. Nothing would satisfy me like seeing that POS crash and burn all the way from the top of his ivory tower and wallow in well-deserved misery. If only I could then see him crawling on the sidewalk begging for change so I could kick all the coins out of his cup.
A former center manager of mine was busted down to Preload Supe a couple of years before he planned on retiring ( of course I sent him a card to his building congratulating him on his demotion) .I still laugh every day that this prick did people dirty,fired people over trivial non sensical reasons, and worked about 80 hours every week only to have the rug snatched out from under him and he had to retire as a Supervisor rather than a manager =)

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
A former center manager of mine was busted down to Preload Supe a couple of years before he planned on retiring ( of course I sent him a card to his building congratulating him on his demotion) .I still laugh every day that this prick did people dirty,fired people over trivial non sensical reasons, and worked about 80 hours every week only to have the rug snatched out from under him and he had to retire as a Supervisor rather than a manager =)
Good Good

Fenris

Yeah, quite a few pissed off people when they started doing that. Get this: if you retire, the RPU's are paid to you over 5 years. If you die before you get all 5 years worth, they keep the remainder....
That is not accurate. RPUs vest in 1 year now, instead of 5. There is only 1/5 of one year's RPUs remaining that is older than one year. If you die, your beneficiary receives your RPUs. There is plenty to bitch about in the world and at UPS without using inaccurate information.

That is not accurate. RPUs vest in 1 year now, instead of 5. There is only 1/5 of one year's RPUs remaining that is older than one year. If you die, your beneficiary receives your RPUs. There is plenty to bitch about in the world and at UPS without using inaccurate information.
You have a better shot of being an astronaut than anyone on here believing you

rumor is new age 59.5. It reduces the healthcare liability between 55-65 by nearly half! Its "transformation" previously called rape! Another way to rid the folks over 55 and line the pockets of the C- suite.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
People who haven't had the displeasure of working with UPS management just can't fully comprehend the level of scumbaggery many of them are capable of. Truly deserving of whatever ill fate they may find.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
That is not accurate. RPUs vest in 1 year now, instead of 5. There is only 1/5 of one year's RPUs remaining that is older than one year. If you die, your beneficiary receives your RPUs. There is plenty to bitch about in the world and at UPS without using inaccurate
You may be right on the 1/5, but not the death part.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

We had a Labor manager demoted to Preload manager and then to on car sup a few years before he could retire. I had to ride with him a few times when we were short drivers and sups had to run a route. Sad.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
its just a plain ole 401k, so you can leave anytime you want, and take your 401k with you
When they first came on the scene, that has been the plan for all companies that offered pensions.
When you walk, don't let the door hit you in the ass. They owe you nothing.

BrownFlush

I wish my old C.M. lost everything right before he retired. Nothing would satisfy me like seeing that POS crash and burn all the way from the top of his ivory tower and wallow in well-deserved misery. If only I could then see him crawling on the sidewalk begging for change so I could kick all the coins out of his cup.
Where is the love?

BrownFlush

People who haven't had the displeasure of working with UPS management just can't fully comprehend the level of scumbaggery many of them are capable of. Truly deserving of whatever ill fate they may find.
Let it go, man.
You've won. You worked with the most pitiful out there and made it.
Don't give then any more time.

Fenris

You may be right on the 1/5, but not the death part.
You may want to brush up on section 5.3.2.2 of the Terms and Conditions of the MIP (found in UPSers.com - pay - MIP section). Unvested RPUs vest completely on the day of death and are transferred to the deceased's estate within 90 days of death.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
You may want to brush up on section 5.3.2.2 of the Terms and Conditions of the MIP (found in UPSers.com - pay - MIP section). Unvested RPUs vest completely on the day of death and are transferred to the deceased's estate within 90 days of death.
Don’t have to.
How many hours did you waste digging that up? LOL.