Mgmt Retirement Age Change

Returntosender

I wish my old C.M. lost everything right before he retired. Nothing would satisfy me like seeing that POS crash and burn all the way from the top of his ivory tower and wallow in well-deserved misery. If only I could then see him crawling on the sidewalk begging for change so I could kick all the coins out of his cup.
you superglue fishing line to 20.00 dollars and keep pulling it away when ever attempted to grab It

Karma...

another question is if the medical benefits/insurance will end once a person retires and will the spouse be cut off from benefits as well ?.......this all started with the bonus holiday turkey ending.....where and when will all this madness end ?.......carol is doing here job ...dont forget she is not a ups person despite the portrayal.......one has to start off as a teamster and either stay or go into management for that.....as chesty puller said and wrote that to be a marine you have to be enlisted first......called being a mustang.....

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Even when you retire the Company can eliminate your Medical coverages or raise your co-pays at any time till age 65. Those under the collective bargaining are protected currently through a collective bargaining agreements or having the Union controlling our Health and Welfare benefits.

Just study past practices and you will see how the company will react if it costs too much to maintain their Health and Welfare plans or Retirement Plans...Forcing the aging partners to work closer to the mandatory retirement age of 65 would benefit their bottom line, lesser time to cover those who decide to take an early retirement.

Popeye

Yeah, quite a few pissed off people when they started doing that. Get this: if you retire, the RPU's are paid to you over 5 years. If you die before you get all 5 years worth, they keep the remainder....
No, they don’t keep the remainder of you die. I’m pretty sure they all vest immediately if you die.

DELACROIX

UPS Management has devolved into a Russian nesting doll of abject misery...

You don’t know half of it..a lot has changed since you retired. The Old timers wouldn’t recognize the place anymore, I was shaking my head for years before I went.

ManInBrown

Don’t they just ship management to a building 300 miles round trip from home when they want you to hit the bricks? retirement lolol

dudebro

Don’t they just ship management to a building 300 miles round trip from home when they want you to hit the bricks? retirement lolol
They have versions of that less obvious than a relo. Night sorts, Saturday air coverage, move you from hub to package or vice versa depending on where you're least comfortable. There's also demotion from DM to center manager or center manager to sup in the new job according to the needs of the business, of course. I can't tell you how many night sort people say "What are they gonna do, put me on the night sort?"

ManInBrown

Center manager I had in package bought this Huge house, super rich neighborhood about a year after he got the promotion. Two years later they shipped him to a building just far enough away to where he wouldnt have to move. He was pissed.

Karma...

the management retirement age will be raised to 62 to keep in line with current public companies retirement ages......I am surprised that ups has kept the retirement age so low for so many years...along the years many benefits have been lost.......pensions, turkeys, unused vacation time, medical costs, etc.......the golden age of ups is long past.........its a pity when teamster contracts are happy with 2% annual raises.....lower than inflation.......

dudebro

Center manager I had in package bought this Huge house, super rich neighborhood about a year after he got the promotion. Two years later they shipped him to a building just far enough away to where he wouldnt have to move. He was pissed.
Meh, usually two years later that center manager will get shipped somewhere else. As every driver likes to say "Soon you'll be gone, but I'll still be here"

JR Ewing

the management retirement age will be raised to 62 to keep in line with current public companies retirement ages......I am surprised that ups has kept the retirement age so low for so many years...along the years many benefits have been lost.......pensions, turkeys, unused vacation time, medical costs, etc.......the golden age of ups is long past.........its a pity when teamster contracts are happy with 2% annual raises.....lower than inflation.......
Is the thought they will boost the monthly check because the date is pushed out 7 years?

DELACROIX

Is the thought they will boost the monthly check because the date is pushed out 7 years?

Nope..more like they have 7 years to force you out before you can collect a full retire. They are counting on attrition to reduce the flock, expect more low ball buy outs.

Another factor with extending the retirement age would be the money associated with health and welfare costs for their retirees. If they can force you to work pass 65 that is would be their ultimate goal.

Karma...

all true.......the lack of pensions that and the turkeys flying away the younger management coupled with portable 401k means they have options and probably won't stay very long.......I dont understand why teamsters would go into management these days. the old promotion from with in is a long past tradition. that and with the turkeys flying away ends the culture and all remnants of the past......Jim Casey is spinning in his grave and is named Pinwell Jim

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
all true.......the lack of pensions that and the turkeys flying away the younger management coupled with portable 401k means they have options and probably won't stay very long.......I dont understand why teamsters would go into management these days. the old promotion from with in is a long past tradition. that and with the turkeys flying away ends the culture and all remnants of the past......Jim Casey is spinning in his grave and is named Pinwell Jim
It is definitely not the same company I started at in 1990.