Met a UPS manager at his home....

It will be fine

Except I’ll be done this job by the time I’m 32, and I’ll be starting out at more than your topped out pay. So do you really want to play the money game with me?
He's not, ttku.
That’s not what he referenced. He is bragging about a job he doesn’t have yet and one he’s not yet qualified for. It’s a weird flex. If you can’t keep up with a conversation it’s easy to scroll back and read the comments, hope this helps.

vantexan

That’s not what he referenced. He is bragging about a job he doesn’t have yet and one he’s not yet qualified for. It’s a weird flex. If you can’t keep up with a conversation it’s easy to scroll back and read the comments, hope this helps.
Trying to cover yourself? That there are topped out couriers now doesn't help him at all. If he can get a better paying job than what a topped out courier makes when he finishes his degree then why not try for that? There are no guarantees in life but what would be the point of going to college if it never pays off? He's already in the FedEx system, can see for himself that getting to top out pay in a reasonable amount of time, as well as have a decent retirement from it, is highly unlikely.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
While making a delivery at resi, I came upon a guy dressed in a UPS uniform, I noticed he had a couple of patches, so I asked him what he did ...he told me he was a manager and that he trained all the feeder drivers...he was fit, articulate and very professional sounding . After the brief encounter, I walked back to my truck...l felt small.
Maybe your hairstyle from the70s makes you felt small.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
What would the upside of misrepresenting compensation be? Higher turnover? More money wasted on training? Didn’t think this through, did you?
Sure I did. Lots of BS artists type all over the country willing to paint a pretty picture just to get someone in the driver’s seat.

vantexan

What would the upside of misrepresenting compensation be? Higher turnover? More money wasted on training? Didn’t think this through, did you?
That's exactly what I've been saying about Express. They misrepresented retirement, and how soon until top out. And they got higher turnover. The bigger sucker theory. About the time you figure you're getting screwed and quit, a bigger sucker comes along to take your place.

falcon back

That's exactly what I've been saying about Express. They misrepresented retirement, and how soon until top out. And they got higher turnover. The bigger sucker theory. About the time you figure you're getting screwed and quit, a bigger sucker comes along to take your place.
Several hundred thousand employees have come and gone since 1973. Besides you, I wonder how many are sleeping in their car?

AB831

I’m not “bragging” about anything. I’m merely responding to the guy who is gloating about how much more money he makes than me.