Met a UPS manager at his home....

While making a delivery at resi, I came upon a guy dressed in a UPS uniform, I noticed he had a couple of patches, so I asked him what he did ...he told me he was a manager and that he trained all the feeder drivers...he was fit, articulate and very professional sounding . After the brief encounter, I walked back to my truck...l felt small.

I get your point. Many people in Fedex do not look, act, or behave in an intelligent, professional, and respectful manner. Just look at the responses to your post! They should feel small but they don't. They have attacked you personally because they really cannot attack what you experienced or felt. Hold your head up and remember, this job is what we do, it is NOT who we are.

falcon back

I get your point. Many people in Fedex do not look, act, or behave in an intelligent, professional, and respectful manner. Just look at the responses to your post! They should feel small but they don't. They have attacked you personally because they really cannot attack what you experienced or felt. Hold your head up and remember, this job is what we do, it is NOT who we are.
You defended a person who has such low self esteem that he let an employee of another company make himself feel "small" I guess the employee has never delivered to wealthy customers, maybe a few famous people or celebrities. If being around successful people makes him feel "small" he only has himself to blame.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You defended a person who has such low self esteem that he let an employee of another company make himself feel "small" I guess the employee has never delivered to wealthy customers, maybe a few famous people or celebrities. If being around successful people makes him feel "small" he only has himself to blame.
You ought to feel so small that you could walk under a door. You can’t even answer a question. Read what I asked you 2 posts above. You lie on this forum so much you have NO credibility. You’re a sick joke.

CatMan

The man I met projected an air of dignity, whereas our company image has taken hit after hit...you sometimes can't tell the difference between Express and Ground. We've become a disorganized mess!..We were caught off guard and slow to react to the massive volume increase. There's a reason you and Dano are loathed on here..You're out of touch with reality .A group of 2....I personally take great pride in my approach and commitment to my work and customers....I really like the work I do , dare I say it's fun? Sure, beats the hell out of sitting at a desk with a prick like you breathing down my back..I remember when a wrong day late was a big deal , now we'll just roll over an entire route like nothing. It doesn't take great intelligence or self esteem to see we are not the same company .We don't even deliver expedites anymore! People, Service, Promise. ..whatever.

Last edited:

dezguy

The man I met projected an air of dignity, whereas our company image has taken hit after hit...you sometimes can't tell the difference between Express and Ground. We've become a disorganized mess!..We were caught off guard and slow to react to the massive volume increase. There's a reason you and Dano are loathed on here..You're out of touch with reality .A group of 2....I personally take great pride in my approach and commitment to my work and customers....I really like the work I do , dare I say it's fun? Sure, beats the hell out of sitting at a desk with a prick like you breathing down my back..I remember when a wrong day late was a big deal , now we'll just roll over an entire route like nothing. It doesn't take great intelligence or self esteem to see we are not the same company .We don't even deliver expedites anymore! People, Service, Promise. ..whatever.
He has a hard enough time figuring out how to get through the employee door at his building, on a day to day basis. I seriously doubt he'd be breathing down anyone's neck.

falcon back

So your self esteem is so low you lost your dignity? No wonder you are a giant douchhe.

WDL are gonna happen when you have several million packages a day. When you are doing several hundred thousand a day, it's a little easier to control service. I imagine service is in the low to mid 90%. Pretty good for a service oriented company. It never has and never will be 100%. Mainly because we have people like you in our ranks.

CatMan

My head is always held up high!...I've got a great life and great wife who's gonna retire next year. She's got an amazing portfolio (and didn't have to win on a lottery scratch off)...My portfolio isn't so bad either. ...I've traveled plenty and have some nice toys. I hope to retire before 60...And if I do , I sure won't come crawling back!

falcon back

My head is always held up high!...
Yet you admitted another person displayed dignity and confidence and made you feel small. Don't let your self esteem problems get you down. Maybe read a book, well, in your case, buy the tape and listen to some self help ideas.

dezguy

Yet you admitted another person displayed dignity and confidence and made you feel small. Don't let your self esteem problems get you down. Maybe read a book, well, in your case, buy the tape and listen to some self help ideas.
You're speaking from experience, aren't you?

CatMan

My dignity and self esteem are just fine. UPS guys are laughing their asses off watching our intelligence at work with two FedEx trucks delivering at the same time to the same place! Defend that one, smart guy.

dezguy

Admitting you have a problem is a good place to start. Catman has done that. Now he needs to get help to build some confidence. Maybe a weak marriage could be part of the problem.
I suppose you don't get tired of acting like a little bitch all the time, eh? Always trying to start an argument with someone.

Says a lot about you as a person.

falcon back

My dignity and self esteem are just fine. UPS guys are laughing their asses off watching our intelligence at work with two FedEx trucks delivering at the same time to the same place! Defend that one, smart guy.
I hope those UPS guys enjoy getting home at 9pm or later every night. What good is big money if you never see your kids or family. You seem to have an erection at pleasing and admiring the UPS workforce. Who cares what they think. Maybe get off your knees with the UPS guys and try pleasing your wife. Or maybe she is on her knees with the UPS guys.

dezguy

I hope those UPS guys enjoy getting home at 9pm or later every night. What good is big money if you never see your kids or family. You seem to have an erection at pleasing and admiring the UPS workforce. Who cares what they think. Maybe get off your knees with the UPS guys and try pleasing your wife. Or maybe she is on her knees with the UPS guys.
This doesn't make any sense.

First you say ups guys are out till 9pm, every night and don't see their families. Then you say they're with catmans wife?

So, which is it? If you're going to try to insult someone, at least make sense when you're doing it.

CatMan

You are a really wacky character man. You just have to get the last word don't you? Classic sign of a bully. You probably tried to be the tough guy in school but got your ass kicked a lot. This line about self esteem? You are just projecting to cover for your own issues, no doubt in my mind that you are a alcoholic. You're the one that needs help dude.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Maybe next time your wife wins the lottery she'll be able to afford to send you back to planet :censored2:bag.