Middle class morons

klein

Für Meno :)
So you vote for them based on what? Their good looks? No wonder Canada is so screwed up.

I actually have never taken the time to vote for city mayor or council yet.
I have followed it. They all have plans etc, for the city. And, I guess people vote by popularity, and thier future planning.
Mostly for those that have already sat in city council and are well known.

Anyone can run for Mayor ofcourse.
Getting the votes is another thing. Mostly based upon experience, education and occupation.

But, I will say in general , voters are more likely to vote for someone, that has a focus for the future, and a good background.
Just like in our provincial and federal elections.
Very few citizens are here hard core conservative or liberal.
We switch our votes, for the 1 the can perform the job better.

I switched once on an election, and will do so again (for the first time, provincially), in the upcomming one. He's doing a lousy job, got to get rid of him....

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I actually have never taken the time to vote for city mayor or council yet."

If you don't vote, you have no right to comment !! :sad-little:

bbsam

Staff member
CCCCCCChhhhhhhheeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyllllllllllll!!!!!!!!
Unionman's calling right-wingers morons. That's not nice.:surprised::happy-very::peaceful:

brett636

See thats where your all screwed up. Yes some poor people vote for democrats and some rich people vote for Republicans but the majority of people are just like you and I.
Why you choose to dwell on poor people and the few who abuse the system instead of directing your anger at the people who abuse the system in the name of greed is beyond me.

I am not sure your going to understand this, but I will try nonetheless. As you correctly stated Democrats rely on poor folks for the votes to keep them in office, so why would they support policies that would reduce the number of poor people? As poor people become not so poor they may start to vote more republicans into office, and this, my friend, is counter intuitive to a Democrat looking to maintain their place in government. So what do they do? They come up with government controlled social entitlement programs to get more people under government control(Social Security, medicare, Obamacare). This in turn requires them to raise taxes, which reduces wealth,(more poor people to vote for them), and thus keeps them in power. This kind of power hungry mentality in government is far far far more dangerous than any greed based abuse you reference taking place in the private sector.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
I am not sure your going to understand this, but I will try nonetheless. As you correctly stated Democrats rely on poor folks for the votes to keep them in office, so why would they support policies that would reduce the number of poor people? As poor people become not so poor they may start to vote more republicans into office, and this, my friend, is counter intuitive to a Democrat looking to maintain their place in government. So what do they do? They come up with government controlled social entitlement programs to get more people under government control(Social Security, medicare, Obamacare). This in turn requires them to raise taxes, which reduces wealth,(more poor people to vote for them), and thus keeps them in power. This kind of power hungry mentality in government is far far far more dangerous than any greed based abuse you reference taking place in the private sector.

+1. In addition, the Dimocrats want to give amnesty to all the illegals so in the future they will become more votes once they get their citizenship. The more on the goverment teat the better and if a Republican comes along and wants to cut entitilement programs that is when the freeloaders actually get off their butts to vote for the Dimocrat...they dont want to lose the teat.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
quite correct.
More so today than ever, since the tea party movement started the dems have seen their base slip away.
Now if they could magically make 12-20 million new voters appear , their fears would melt away.

klein

Für Meno :)
If Tie's only defense now, is name calling, then I worked him down pretty good. LOL
First he was posting unneccesary posts about Canadians flocking south for healthcare in every thread.
Then he got upset, because I got a "me being gay" post removed.

So, now back to alcohol, where it all began.
Whatever rocks his boat.
Each to thier own.

browndevil

If Tie's only defense now, is name calling, then I worked him down pretty good. LOL
First he was posting unneccesary posts about Canadians flocking south for healthcare in every thread.
Then he got upset, because I got a "me being gay" post removed.

So, now back to alcohol, where it all began.
Whatever rocks his boat.
Each to thier own.
I can still hear ny College English teacher lecturing us on logical fallacies. Tie used, I believe, ad hominem, attacking the person and not the issue, In another post he reminded me that gay rights were a state issue so i could not marry my "boyfriend" Obama.
If his mgmt style is anything like he is here on BC. the Teamsters in my building would have him for lunch. Remember i am from NorCal we don't take too much :censored2: from mgmt

wkmac

Well said Upstate, well said!

Browndevil,

Does Michelle know about you and the President and one other piece of advice. If you meet someone named Linda Tripp, run like hell!!!!!!!

:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned
My only point, and you know this as well, is we have a member here who has fought alcoholism and to compare a :censored2: drinking a beer while on the clock with someone who drinks to excess on a daily basis is simply not valid.

Dave I think it may be possible you're trying to compare a hard working responsible member of society who is fighting alcoholism to someone who lives off of society. I think the member your referring to is safe from that comparison.

tieguy

Banned
I can still hear ny College English teacher lecturing us on logical fallacies. Tie used, I believe, ad hominem, attacking the person and not the issue, In another post he reminded me that gay rights were a state issue so i could not marry my "boyfriend" Obama.
If his mgmt style is anything like he is here on BC. the Teamsters in my building would have him for lunch. Remember i am from NorCal we don't take too much :censored2: from mgmt

If the comparison does not kill you it may make you stronger. Liberals have been going out of their way to find extreme examples of right wing bigotry and align them with the conservative movements. Liberals now are deliberatly misrepresenting theirselves as tea partiers in order to further propogate these misrepresentations.

if this is the liberal course you folks wish to lead conservatives down then please be strong , don't cry when we remind you of what your liberal coalition is comprised of.

I challenge you to advance your education past a couple of commonly known latin words to actually delve into the games your liberal leadership is presently engaged in.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
article-1264993-0914447E000005DC-945_224x423.jpg

article-1264993-091445D3000005DC-673_224x423.jpg

'No to cuts': Protesters marched from Temple tube station towards Trafalgar Square to show their concerns over the 'withering' welfare state​

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...protest-welfare-state-cuts.html#ixzz0klWKFnGT

This is what happens when the money runs out.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If the comparison does not kill you it may make you stronger. Liberals have been going out of their way to find extreme examples of right wing bigotry and align them with the conservative movements. Liberals now are deliberatly misrepresenting theirselves as tea partiers in order to further propogate these misrepresentations.

if this is the liberal course you folks wish to lead conservatives down then please be strong , don't cry when we remind you of what your liberal coalition is comprised of.

I challenge you to advance your education past a couple of commonly known latin words to actually delve into the games your liberal leadership is presently engaged in.

tieguy; the true reason that the liberals are afraid of the Tea Party Movement is that they may copy ideas and actions that only the left uses; bombing police stations, fire bombing a judge's home, kidnapping & brain washing victims, killing cops, planning to bomb a dance at a military base , robbing banks, hunger strikes, jail breaks, riots, bombing government buildings,and blowing up townhouses.