Midterm Elections: Countdown to Tuesday, November 8, 2022

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Would an anarchist third party be the best and only alternative to the current two party status quo?

I’m looking at my sample ballot for next month and wondering if I’d be able to stomach voting for anyone on it this year. Haven’t ever skipped an election.
Voting for Republicans is quite literally a vote to "conserve" the societal and political standards that made this country great. That's what it means to be a conservative, to conserve.

If you want progressivism, go to Twitter, and look at woke politics. That's what you get with Democrats.

newolddude

They're telling you if they win they'll make sure the vote count is honest. If a Republican actually gets the most votes he will win the election. That's what a real democracy looks like. And before you say Trump never won the popular vote that's not how the presidential election works. Deal with it.
The problem is Republicans think they never lose and that any Democratic victory is theft.

newfie

The problem is Republicans think they never lose and that any Democratic victory is theft.
did you really say that ?
Al Gore
Hillary Clinton
Stacey Abrahms later?

God we had to listen to six years of Hillary Clinton spin one theory after another about why she lost.
This country was subjected to a Russia Russia witch hunt cooked up by Hillary and the Obama administration for three long years.

Many of the same politicians now "investigating" on the jan 6 committee were contesting the 2016 election results when it was ratified in the house .
shouldnt they also be charged with insurrection since they contested a lawful election?

Did you sleep through all this?

by the way I'm watching Stacey on sunday morning TV pushing the racist election theory on TV as i type this.

vantexan

did you really say that ?
Al Gore
Hillary Clinton
Stacey Abrahms later?

God we had to listen to six years of Hillary Clinton spin one theory after another about why she lost.
This country was subjected to a Russia Russia witch hunt cooked up by Hillary and the Obama administration for three long years.

Many of the same politicians now "investigating" on the jan 6 committee were contesting the 2016 election results when it was ratified in the house .
shouldnt they also be charged with insurrection since they contested a lawful election?

Did you sleep through all this?

by the way I'm watching Stacey on sunday morning TV pushing the racist election theory on TV as i type this.
That was just righteous indignation from having elections stolen from them. We Republicans are the only sore losers.

Box Ox

I’m looking at my sample ballot for next month and wondering if I’d be able to stomach voting for anyone on it this year. Haven’t ever skipped an election.
Voting for Republicans is quite literally a vote to "conserve" the societal and political standards that made this country great. That's what it means to be a conservative, to conserve.

If you want progressivism, go to Twitter, and look at woke politics. That's what you get with Democrats.

Yep. I'll be voting for some Republicans this year.

vantexan

My no Trumpee election denier policy will put some limits on it. But the common sense stuff will be really easy. No Democratic school board members or sheriff, for example.
If you really want to turn this country around then Republicans at the national level are needed. Whether they're Trump supporters or not. A lot of that is just getting on the bandwagon anyways. They'll all be DeSantis worshipers if that's what it takes to win their own elections.

Box Ox

If you really want to turn this country around then Republicans at the national level are needed. Whether they're Trump supporters or not. A lot of that is just getting on the bandwagon anyways. They'll all be DeSantis worshipers if that's what it takes to win their own elections.

I'd like to see national level Republicans be willing to lose without saying the election was stolen from them before DeSantis really enters the picture. Which I hope he does. Very easy vote for me. I'm too concerned about where the Republican election denial trend might be headed to just push it to the back of my mind for next month. It really seems to have traction.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'd like to see national level Republicans be willing to lose without saying the election was stolen from them before DeSantis really enters the picture. Which I hope he does. Very easy vote for me. I'm too concerned about where the Republican election denial trend might be headed to just push it to the back of my mind for next month. It really seems to have traction.
When both parties say elections are stolen, seems like it's kind of a wash on that issue right?
Adobe_20221007_085806.png

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I've never seen the same kind of widespread mobilization behind the idea that elections are stolen on the Democratic side that I have on the Republican side since Trump started saying it 2 years ago.
Russian Collusion?
Claiming Trump won because of fake news on social media? Bringing the CEOs of those companies before Congress to threaten them about it?

Seems like it's just the other side of the coin.

newfie

you're old school democrat views are probably more aligned with Rino's.

newfie

did you refuse to vote for Obama because Gore was an election denier?