November Snapshot - More Bad News for Team Pelosi

klein

Für Meno :)
I think both Reagan (Carter) and Ford (Nixon) would disagree with you. The former took over an economic mess while the latter took on a political nightmare.

Up to you if you think so.
Ask your parents if the times were as bad as the last 3years (USA goiing broke, major job losses, US dollar devaulation, Gold at record high, banks going belly up, big Auto too, home forclosures, SS funding running out, scrapping Nasa projects, 2 wars, and much more).

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ask your parents if the times were as bad as the last 3years (USA goiing broke, major job losses, US dollar devaulation, Gold at record high, banks going belly up, big Auto too, home forclosures, SS funding running out, scrapping Nasa projects, 2 wars, and much more).
The past 3 years....almost 2 was a Dem. pres and congress.....the other year was a Dem. congress........................the Dems. have been in control for awhile.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Klein, I will be 50 in January. I remember the odd/even days for buying gas, the 18% interest rates and the hostages during the Carter years. I was a teenager during Watergate and remember the political mess that Ford inherited. I would have to say that is has been less common for there to have been a seamless transition from one President to the next, with the most recent being Truman to Eisenhower to Kennedy.

tieguy

Banned
As home values increased, homeowners took out HELC, bought cars, remodeled their homes, took trips, paid for weddings all money that fueled they economy with what? Money that never existed. Remember when the BankAmericard came available in the 60s? We saw a spike in the economy. It happened again in the 2000s this time in a much bigger and unfortunately going to take more than 4 years to fix.
Oh and thanks for the sensitive liberal remark :) but you are wrong I am not insensitive to people losing their homes. The ONE BIG reason I support Obama's healthcare plan is because I didn't want people to go broke, lose their homes or get undiagnosed because they couldn't see a doctor. I call that compassionate.

the one reason 9.6 percent of the country does not have jobs is because Of Obamas health care tinkering.

tieguy

Banned
As if your beloved Bush left the econonmy in tip top shape ?

Bush had a great economy before the liberals took over congress and screwed it up.

How forgetful are you ?
No President ever took over such a mess ever, before.

Actually Carter had this country 10 times worse then what Obama and his congressional buddies created.
So now you're trying to tell me how a country you did not live in has been. Your ignorance of this country does not keep your mouth from flapping.

klein

Actually Carter had this country 10 times worse then what Obama and his congressional buddies created.
So now you're trying to tell me how a country you did not live in has been. Your ignorance of this country does not keep your mouth from flapping.

There ya go, then what are you complaining about, if things could be 10times worse ?
Gee, USA has it great these days compared to those !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
So far I haven't see any street people trying to sell pencils nor apples as they did some 80 yrs ago.
True things were a little different back then, like when my mother announced her engagement ( she was employed as a school teacher ), her principal informed her that she was fired.

tieguy

Banned
There ya go, then what are you complaining about, if things could be 10times worse ?
Gee, USA has it great these days compared to those !

I didn't realize I needed foriegn approval to discuss the merits of this liberal administration and its economic policies?

Last edited by a moderator:

klein

Tie, I don't know what your point is, or if you are just sick !
Something is definitly wrong with you.

Why do you keep going there ? You know it's senseless and stupid on your behalf.
All you do is lose more and more credibility on this site.

You don't know anything about poorness at all. Not even the history of American GI's after the war in Germany.
Gee, my mother and her sisters (as small kids), were also very happy, with just the little things they got from Americans back then.
Even bubblegum, that they never had in their lives before.

It has absolutly nothing to do with child abuse or anywhere near that ! Just to make a child smile, and have something, like a football, school writing notepads, pens & pencils, and calculators and even candy that they cannot get there (like nutella spread, I brought along, too).

I did my research online before I went, and found they appreciate gifts much more then money. I did the right thing !
I'm sure if you give just a few cans of beans to the foodbank in the US, you'll make someone a bit happier, too, that they have something to eat.
Not everyone is rich, not even in the US !
Actually, it's a shame the US has the highest proportion of people living in poverty then anywhere else in the western world, but they also have the most millionares and billionares.

It makes me sick and sad, when I see that in real life in Florida. Huge mansions near the beach or in the canals, with huge yachts, etc.
And the otherside of town is stripped poor.
Ofcourse, that's the republican way of life.

You as a Catholic Christian still don't understand anything.
What do you think Jesus would do if he was your president ?
You think he would want God's children (all of us), to be more equal, or do you think him of being the most famous man on earth, would capitialise from it, and make billions, and live on the high horse, like the other rich in America..... and don't give a damn about others, and won't even support a healthcare bill for the less fortunate ?

Think about that Tie !
If you truley believe in God, then you have to live by what God and Jesus is all about !
Otherwise, buy yourself a fire-extinguisher, because you'll need it, wherever you may go, after this life !

P

pickup

You think he would want God's children (all of us), to be more equal, or do you think him of being the most famous man on earth, would capitialise from it, and meke billions, and live on the high horse, like the other rich in America..... and don't give a damn about others, and won't even support a healthcare bill for the less fortunate ?

I could be wrong, but I think Jesus was offered leadership roles, specifically from Satan, he turned that offer down.

Also, I didn't know that Jesus needed the job as P.O.T.U.S. to make everyone more equal(however you define it).

That much being said , Mr. Klein, I think it was a nice thing to do to take the time to bring those gifts. ( I still like that video of the guy handing out ice cream and candy "AND ALL FREE TODAY!"

tieguy

Banned

You as a Catholic Christian still don't understand anything.

You're right. I'm not a catholic christian so as one I would not understand anything.

I don't remember Jesus giving out pretty beach balls and bragging about it on the internet. could be wrong.

You think he would want God's children (all of us), to be more equal, or do you think him of being the most famous man on earth, would capitialise from it, and make billions, and live on the high horse, like the other rich in America..... and don't give a damn about others, and won't even support a healthcare bill for the less fortunate ?

Think about that Tie !
If you truley believe in God, then you have to live by what God and Jesus is all about !
Otherwise, buy yourself a fire-extinguisher, because you'll need it, wherever you may go, after this life !

Last edited by a moderator:

diesel96

Originally Posted by klein

Bush had a great economy before the liberals took over congress and screwed it up.

How forgetful are you ?

Tie, you are fully aware that the Democrat majority Congress after 2006 agreed to most of the Neo-Con's agenda presented to them.....that's where the term "spineless Democrat Congress" was tagged to them.....You can't deny Team Bush relaxed Wall Street and the predatory credit /lending practices and injected Clintons repackaged "Community Reinvestment act" with steriods. You understand fighting two wars, signing off an unpaid for Prescription Bill, and extending Tax cuts for the rich, along with the housing bubble, drove us into a Super Recessioon that dwarfs anything as a result of Carter......This unflappable allegiance to your Homer Republican heros is honorable but you can't make up your own facts.

tieguy

Banned
Originally Posted by klein

How forgetful are you ?

Tie, you are fully aware that the Democrat majority Congress after 2006 agreed to most of the Neo-Con's agenda presented to them.....that's where the term "spineless Democrat Congress" was tagged to them.....You can't deny Team Bush relaxed Wall Street and the predatory credit /lending practices and injected Clintons repackaged "Community Reinvestment act" with steriods. You understand fighting two wars, signing off an unpaid for Prescription Bill, and extending Tax cuts for the rich, along with the housing bubble, drove us into a Super Recessioon that dwarfs anything as a result of Carter......This unflappable allegiance to your Homer Republican heros is honorable but you can't make up your own facts.

Diesel I can always count on your revison of history to entertain me. Fact remains the economy was in great shape until Obama, pelosi and reed took over congress. As a lame duck president that congress did little to help bush and often made decisions that would hurt the economy and help Obama get elected.

Obama would kill to get results like Bush had before the democrats took over congress.

klein

Diesel I can always count on your revison of history to entertain me. Fact remains the economy was in great shape until Obama, pelosi and reed took over congress. As a lame duck president that congress did little to help bush and often made decisions that would hurt the economy and help Obama get elected.

Obama would kill to get results like Bush had before the democrats took over congress.

Remember that Diesel, anything past November, you can blame on the republicans !

No comment Tie, to your last sick sentence.
Too bad you weren't in Cuba.
Saying stuff like that, would get you a nice Cuban jail cell, or atleast a rough beating, probably both though !