millions of americans will be homeless today

oldngray

nowhere special
All that savings in rent money sure can buy nice vacations. This is the trouble with one-sided knee jerk government.

Would have beeen better to let the court analyze each eviction case. Who lives in the apartment? Are others living their that are employed? Can you make partial rent payments, etc?

Same ways most of the stimulus money got spent. Not on essentials.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Same ways most of the stimulus money got spent. Not on essentials.
I hope these landlords attach non payment info to credit reports. Screwing someone over should have consequences. Just because the government said you do not have to pay now does not mean you do not owe the money later. It was a loan.

oldngray

nowhere special
I hope these landlords attach non payment info to credit reports. Screwing someone over should have consequences. Just because the government said you do not have to pay now does not mean you do not owe the money later. It was a loan.
Like people getting outraged over actually having to pay back their school loans.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Like people getting outraged over actually having to pay back their school loans.
They cannot visualize someone else paying their money for that loan?

I remember as a kid my old man explaining how our savings accounts worked at the savings and loan.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
The other part of the quote is the pure ignorance of it. Landlords without question can evict tenants, they have the upper hand in court, they have the upper hand with legislators that write the laws, they have more money, and better lawyers. the belief that landlords are the underdogs against poor tenants is just a distorted understanding of reality.

Also the lack of wanting to know why people fall behind on the rent during the pandemic but being certain the reason is because they are scum is just breathtaking in it's callous ignorance.
There is more job openings than people who fell behind. They need to get their asses to work and stop ordering shot online.

rickyb

They cannot visualize someone else paying their money for that loan?

I remember as a kid my old man explaining how our savings accounts worked at the savings and loan.
difference is ur savings account doesnt have a money printer like the govt.

its not apples to apples, its not about balancing budgets like a household.

rickyb

cost of housing has been skyrocketing and destroying the middle class.

its the day of reckoning for decades of failed economics.

rickyb

many countries dont even know the word, its properly funded.

it put america at a competitive disadvantage and means more young adults live at home w parents.

rickyb

All that savings in rent money sure can buy nice vacations. This is the trouble with one-sided knee jerk government.

Would have beeen better to let the court analyze each eviction case. Who lives in the apartment? Are others living their that are employed? Can you make partial rent payments, etc?

the courts are underfunded.

over 95% guilty pleas, and yet 95% of them arent guilty.

fishtm2001

Real estate interests had challenged the CDC-issued eviction moratorium in court, and it only survived until July 31 by the skin of its teeth.