Minimum Wage

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Minimum wage jobs are supposed to be entry level and not intended as a career to support a family on. People are supposed to move on from them to better paying jobs after they gain experience working.
I support the working citizen, but at the same time I'm not going to give them a $3 raise just because they can't get a better job. You said they sometimes work 3 low/no skilled jobs. How about just really applying themselves at just ONE job, and trying to climb the corporate ladder?

You want to GIVE them a better situation, where as I believe they should EARN themselves a better situation
These are working peoples jobs here.

Maybe 25 years ago they were entry level jobs, but now look at them.

A lot of 30 year olds workin these ENTRY LEVEL JOBS.

If the employer won't pay them a livable wage, are you OK with them getting welfare, food stamps and public assisted housing?

Because THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW.

So, either the EMPLOYER can pay them a LIVABLE wage, or the employer and the taxpayer can pay them a livable wage.

And don't think that them making $8 to $9 an hour isn't an anchor to OUR wages.

They need to make more, and FedEx needs to make more.

Otherwise our next contract negotiations are not going to be pretty.

realbrown1

Hmm, when I was younger I worked two jobs. Are these people allergic to that?
Full time minimum wage job = government assistance.

2 part time minimum wage jobs = government assistance.

So how would you like to pay thrm?

Same way we do today?

Or a livable wage?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Full time minimum wage job = government assistance.

2 part time minimum wage jobs = government assistance.

So how would you like to pay thrm?

Same way we do today?

Or a livable wage?

Where'd I say 2 part time jobs? I worked A full time, AND a part time. I don't need to pay them, they need to get big boy or big girl jobs. That'll do it

realbrown1

Where'd I say 2 part time jobs? I worked A full time, AND a part time. I don't need to pay them, they need to get big boy or big girl jobs. That'll do it
You are paying for them now.

It's called PATROL TAXES.

If you refuse to pay a livable wage, they will make it up in government welfare benefits.

So, I'll ask you again, how would you like them paid?

#1 A livable wage paid by their employer?

Or

#2 Minimum wage paid by their employer and governmental welfare subsidy?

BrownArmy

If you refuse to pay a livable wage, they will make it up in government welfare benefits.

Or

Sorry kids, RB is the winner on this one.

As per WKMAC, perhaps we should start a 'minimum-wage' thread...

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Or

What are Patrol taxes?

I'd like them paid by getting a good paying JOB!

I'm not going to support heads of families making $15 an hour.

I think welfare benefits should be limited to a certain period, as it should be ASSISTANCE, not a means of living. Make it a FIXED period, NOT an endless proposition. Everyone falls on hard times, I get that, so they might need help, but it cannot be allowed to be part of their yearly income forever.

You want to play house and be a big kid? Get a big kid job.
You want to work at McDonald's, then don't cry when you can't afford jack!

realbrown1

What are Patrol taxes?

I'd like them paid by getting a good paying JOB!

I'm not going to support heads of families making $15 an hour.

I think welfare benefits should be limited to a certain period, as it should be ASSISTANCE, not a means of living. Make it a FIXED period, NOT an endless proposition. Everyone falls on hard times, I get that, so they might need help, but it cannot be allowed to be part of their yearly income forever.

You want to play house and be a big kid? Get a big kid job.
You want to work at McDonald's, then don't cry when you can't afford jack!
Spellchecker changed it from payroll to patrol.

If the job is needed and worth doing, it's worth a livable wage.

I too have worked multiple jobs to make ends meet, but you would have hard working people living in absolute poverty because they don't work at a job you deem acceptable.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Spellchecker changed it from payroll to patrol.

If the job is needed and worth doing, it's worth a livable wage.

I too have worked multiple jobs to make ends meet, but you would have hard working people living in absolute poverty because they don't work at a job you deem acceptable.

It's hardly about what I deem acceptable. If your monthly bills aren't able to be paid by your job, then it's not am acceptable job. If they're long standing members of the welfare club, then odds are they're already living in poverty

realbrown1

It's hardly about what I deem acceptable. If your monthly bills aren't able to be paid by your job, then it's not am acceptable job. If they're long standing members of the welfare club, then odds are they're already living in poverty
It's too bad that you feel that any hard working American should live in poverty.

realbrown1

If they're so "hard working", they wouldn't BE in poverty
They will defenately be in poverty and on welfare at $9 an hour.

I hope you like supporting these hard workers through welfare, food stamps and housing assistance for a long time.

Ain't your version of the American Dream great?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
They will defenately be in poverty and on welfare at $9 an hour.

I hope you like supporting these hard workers through welfare, food stamps and housing assistance for a long time.

Ain't your version of the American Dream great?

My point exactly! They need to get better paying jobs, not just work these crap jobs and demand more money.

I don't support hard workers, I support welfare queens, druggies and losers.

Thanks, Welfare and food stamp programs.

I work hard, and make ballpark $80k per year, others have the exact same opportunities, they just have to apply themselves, and show up for work every day

MAKAVELI

My point exactly! They need to get better paying jobs, not just work these crap jobs and demand more money.

I don't support hard workers, I support welfare queens, druggies and losers.

Thanks, Welfare and food stamp programs.

I work hard, and make ballpark $80k per year, others have the exact same opportunities, they just have to apply themselves, and show up for work every day
Sorry but you are pretty ignorant when it comes to the job market. 80K+ jobs are far and few between, especially for someone with just a high school education. There are many areas of the country where the only jobs available are minimum wage jobs.