Minimum Wage

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Sorry but you are pretty ignorant when it comes to the job market. 80K+ jobs are far and few between, especially for someone with just a high school education. There are many areas of the country where the only jobs available are minimum wage jobs.
Correct. Mostly in RTW states.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The easiest solution here is not to raise min. wage , but to lower the standard of living .
Most of the populated world gets by on $1-$2 a day , so why can't we ?

Sportello

The easiest solution here is not to raise min. wage , but to lower the standard of living .
Give it a shot. I'd ask you to let us know how that works for you, but you won't have internet access to report back.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
My point exactly! They need to get better paying jobs, not just work these crap jobs and demand more money.

I don't support hard workers, I support welfare queens, druggies and losers.

Thanks, Welfare and food stamp programs.

I work hard, and make ballpark $80k per year, others have the exact same opportunities, they just have to apply themselves, and show up for work every day
Why do you deserve $80k a year with benefits, but other jobs don't pay $20k a year with no benefits?

Those are poverty pay rates.

And no American company should be allowed to pay so little for the workers they need so much.

realbrown1

Then you can donate 99% of your take home pay to charity.

Let me know how that works out for you.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why do you deserve $80k a year with benefits, but other jobs don't pay $20k a year with no benefits?

Because I started at the bottom at UPS, showed up every day, worked hard and then took advantage of opportunities when they were presented to me.

See that, it's what we call initiative, I didn't wait for somebody to hand me a high paying job. I sought it out and took it for myself and didn't screw it up

realbrown1

Because I started at the bottom at UPS, showed up every day, worked hard and then took advantage of opportunities when they were presented to me.

See that, it's what we call initiative, I didn't wait for somebody to hand me a high paying job. I sought it out and took it for myself and didn't screw it up
So, no real skill is involved in your job.

You don't deserve much more than minimum wage if you ask me.

And YOU HARP OVER BURGER FLIPPERS not having any real skills.

What skills do you have again?

Showing up and working hard?

According to you, that is a minimum wage with no benefit job.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So, no real skill is involved in your job.

You don't deserve much more than minimum wage if you ask me.

And YOU HARP OVER BURGER FLIPPERS not having any real skills.

What skills do you have again?

Showing up and working hard?

According to you, that is a minimum wage with no benefit job.

Yeah, sure thing. There's no skill in driving an 18 wheeler. LMAO.

You have no idea what skills I have, I said I got where I am by showing up and working hard, not because of my skill set.

realbrown1

Yeah, sure thing. There's no skill in driving an 18 wheeler. LMAO.

You have no idea what skills I have, I said I got where I am by showing up and working hard, not because of my skill set.
Alright, you do have SOME skill.

IMHO you should make $13 an hour with no benefits.

After all, you are just sitting down driving all day.

Anyone can do that.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Alright, you do have SOME skill.

A lot more than SOME. UPS is NOT my only option. I'm also VERY smart and could do anything I choose to.

IMHO you should make $13 an hour with no benefits.

Your opinion means ZERO to me in relation to what I get paid. My employer pays X, and I'll gladly take that.

After all, you are just sitting down driving all night.

Fixed that for you. You're right, but I get paid (very well) to make sure not to run people off the road, hurt myself or others.

Anyone can do that.

Just like anyone can be a delivery driver? I think not.
Many people fail out of either group. Some special cases fail out of both.

Last edited:

realbrown1

A lot more than SOME. UPS is NOT my only option. I'm also VERY smart and could do anything I choose to.

Your opinion means ZERO to me in relation to what I get paid. My employer pays X, and I'll gladly take that.

Fixed that for you. You're right, but I get paid (very well) to make sure not to run people off the road, hurt myself or others.

Just like anyone can be a delivery driver? I think not.
Many people fail out of either group. Some special cases fail out of both.
I just thought I would devalue YOUR job just to see how YOU liked it.

realbrown1

Sure, ok. There's a stark difference between being responsible for roughly 60' of heavy equipment, and putting a spatula underneath a beef patty and turning it over
Those big rigs are all over the place here in SoCal.

With ports in Long Beach and Los Angeles and Mexico just to the south, there are tens of thousands of rig drivers here.

But you attitude against the WORKING MAN is a big flaw in your character.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ya, because UPS would have offered you that if your union hadn't bargained for that wage.
These types of jobs are the reason we need unions. At the end of the day, the differences between a "burger flipper" and a truck driver aren't really that big. I realize you will probably take that as an insult because you don't have any respect for people in the food industry, but I don't mean it as an insult.
You may think you earned your wage through hard work, but there are lots of drivers who work just as hard or harder, and make no where near what you do. Bottom line is fast food workers need to unionize, and your lack of respect for the work they do is just proof of that.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Those big rigs are all over the place here in SoCal.

With ports in Long Beach and Los Angeles and Mexico just to the south, there are tens of thousands of rig drivers here.

But you attitude against the WORKING MAN is a big flaw in your character.

A.) I have no character flaws.
B.) I'm all for the working man. What I'm NOT for is the dictation of higher wages because they feel that they deserve more than they really do, just because they can't raise a family on what they earn.

Don't like what the boss offers you for a wage? DON'T TAKE THE JOB. Don't accept it and later complain that you are unhappy with the pay.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Ya, because UPS would have offered you that if your union hadn't bargained for that wage.
These types of jobs are the reason we need unions. At the end of the day, the differences between a "burger flipper" and a truck driver aren't really that big. I realize you will probably take that as an insult because you don't have any respect for people in the food industry, but I don't mean it as an insult.
You may think you earned your wage through hard work, but there are lots of drivers who work just as hard or harder, and make no where near what you do. Bottom line is fast food workers need to unionize, and your lack of respect for the work they do is just proof of that.

My first 2 jobs were in food service, so I 100% disagree with your statement, and it's not that I don't respect them, but I don't feel they deserve $15 an hour to do what they do, it's kiddie work. I know, I did it for years, never making more than $8 an hour.

If McDonald's, or Subway's want to want to pay their staff more, than that's fine. No one should be able to force the employers to pay them more. At this point we're going round and round and round, so I'm done here. My point is clear, so peace out. :p