Minimum Wage

Sportello

Banned
Oh, aren't you the guy who posted the link to the Washington Post article about " The rich getting government handouts"? Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 , 9, and 10 ALL relate directly to tax deductions/loopholes. It appears I haven't changed any of your words, but read "evidence" that YOU posted for us to "learn from" and am presenting it back to you.
Yes, I posted that link about individual tax breaks for the wealthy. It had nothing to do with corporate welfare. It was about TAX BREAKS for the wealthy. Corporate welfare is just what it says, and it's more costly to ME than giving the poor food.

moreluck

golden ticket member
e6f7a85b401d42ee8f781ef6b67130c6.jpg

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Raise the fast-food sector wages to $15 an hour, and more people would actually WANT to work instead of leeching the system of tax dollars. Plus, the threat of obesity epidemic fast food prices jumping up, resulting in lower sales and growth.

Yeah, sounds like an awful idea.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Raise the fast-food sector wages to $15 an hour, and more people would actually WANT to work instead of leeching the system of tax dollars. Plus, the threat of obesity epidemic fast food prices jumping up, resulting in lower sales and growth.

Yeah, sounds like an awful idea.

There are states (CT?) that have programs which supplement your working wage with reduced unemployment compensation to bring you closer to your previous wages and save the state money.

For example, you are working in the high tech sector making $25/hr when your position is outsourced. Rather than sit at home and collect $600 or so a week in unemployment, you accept a job that only pays $15/hr. The state would then continue your unemployment at the reduced level of $400/week. ($10/hr*40) for a defined period of time (26-52 weeks). The state saves money and you get to maintain your previous standard of living.