Misloads

Ghost in the Darkness

I just wish all drivers would scan their misloads as they find them (or at all for that matter) so the rest of us aren’t wasting time and sweat looking for them.

The reason some of those misloads aren't being scanned is because they are likely loaded on drivers who will cheat the stops for management. Management says just sheet it closed before 5 or just sheet it no such number. I've had younger drivers ask me about this. I tell them they better start standing up to this crap now because sups won't be there for you when you are terminated for falsifying records.

Jstpeachy

Our preload is a joke. Reducing hours for some of the lowest paid Teamsters at UPS which adds more hours to the highest paid UPS Teamsters. How is this cost effective?

Same at our building. $1 raise hourly yet making $60+ less a week due to delayed start times. Then we get cut, or load alongside drivers making top pay lol makes no sense

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Can they fire you for misloads?
Our PT sup says the higher-ups are really raking him over the coals about our misloads and that soon he might have to start using "negative reinforcement" on us which I assume means discipline.
For context, we are hovering around 7 or 8 misloads per day spread out across the whole building. Our building is doing about 5,200 packages a day right now.

I realize misloads are a problem for the customers, an annoyance for the drivers, and cost the company money, but consider that 8 in 5,200 means that we are loading with a daily accuracy rate of 99.9 percent. What exactly are they expecting from us? 100% might be an admirable goal but it is not realistic or human and to threaten us on the basis of that seems ridiculous and cruel, especially given the amount of time within which we have to load. What's wrong with this place?
We have scanners now, i have had one in like 8 mnth

Jstpeachy

Shut The Belt Off

We actually tried that, multiple times during the insane back up. If we shut it off no matter how bad the back up is they just turn it back on repeatedly.

Only option was to let everything fall of the belt and lose access to half the cars at the bottom of the belt lol ridiculous

BiggieBrown

Our preload is a joke. Reducing hours for some of the lowest paid Teamsters at UPS which adds more hours to the highest paid UPS Teamsters. How is this cost effective?

they do this to us too.
They are pushing our hours back even though our volume is up.
We get cut at 9-9:15 and unload isn't even done yet. Just walk out and clock out with stuff still coming down the belt and the drivers take over.
I asked my sup what the point was and he said it's to make PPH look better.
I am continually confused how this company has the reputation that it does. This place is a joke.

they do this to us too.
We get cut at 9-9:15 and unload isn't even done yet. Just walk out and clock out with stuff still coming down the belt and the drivers take over.
I am continually confused how this company has the reputation that it does. This place is a joke.
All my time loading goes on preload time so that really doesn't make any sense , does it?

BiggieBrown

Shut The Belt Off

Lol if the belt goes down at our center the PT sup FREAKS the :censored2: out!!!
As soon as the belt stops he materializes out of thin air and starts interrogating everyone to find out who it was, then goes "YOU GOOD??!? YOU GOOD??!? YOU GOOD?!?!" every 5 seconds until you turn it back on again.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Lol if the belt goes down at our center the PT sup FREAKS the :censored2: out!!!
As soon as the belt stops he materializes out of thin air and starts interrogating everyone to find out who it was, then goes "YOU GOOD??!? YOU GOOD??!? YOU GOOD?!?!" every 5 seconds until you turn it back on again.

Who cares if he freaks out

If the belt needs shut off shut it off

Liquid Red

Can they fire you for misloads?
Our PT sup says the higher-ups are really raking him over the coals about our misloads and that soon he might have to start using "negative reinforcement" on us which I assume means discipline.
For context, we are hovering around 7 or 8 misloads per day spread out across the whole building. Our building is doing about 5,200 packages a day right now.

I realize misloads are a problem for the customers, an annoyance for the drivers, and cost the company money, but consider that 8 in 5,200 means that we are loading with a daily accuracy rate of 99.9 percent. What exactly are they expecting from us? 100% might be an admirable goal but it is not realistic or human and to threaten us on the basis of that seems ridiculous and cruel, especially given the amount of time within which we have to load. What's wrong with this place?

You must be in a super small center - we process 5,200 in about 30 minutes. o_O

PTPunchingBag

they do this to us too.

Glad you brought that up, contract is iffy and my union rep didn’t have a solid answer. In your building/local, can people with seniority that load boot lower people out of the unload?

BrownBob

You must be in a super small center - we process 5,200 in about 30 minutes. o_O

I'd rather be in a big center.
From the numbers I've seen people mention on here, as a loader I still handle just as many packages as loaders in the big center do, the only difference is I have to work in a tiny shed with very little room to walk and stack.

CRG817

Union protects you for missloads. If you arent the person getting missloads your fine. I went 8 months without one. Loading 3 trailerss....read...read out loud. All the numbers can confuse you. Think of it like what if that was something you ordered. Not much to goal wise in loading. Thats mine be the one outta 12 people not getting them. My frequency 1/7500 with daily 95,000. Also dont sign anything without union Stewards if its a sup threat.

Jstpeachy

they do this to us too.

Just heard today they are talking about stopping the few Saturday routes in our building (pretty much a handful of air routes run Saturday, plus maybe 4-5 ground) because running Saturday “isn’t in the budget”

I honestly don’t see how people are lifers here lol in the building at least is a complete joke of chaos.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Just heard today they are talking about stopping the few Saturday routes in our building (pretty much a handful of air routes run Saturday, plus maybe 4-5 ground) because running Saturday “isn’t in the budget”

I honestly don’t see how people are lifers here lol in the building at least is a complete joke of chaos.

37 reasons to be a lifer. :wink-very: