Misloads

BrownBob

Can they fire you for misloads?
Our PT sup says the higher-ups are really raking him over the coals about our misloads and that soon he might have to start using "negative reinforcement" on us which I assume means discipline.
For context, we are hovering around 7 or 8 misloads per day spread out across the whole building. Our building is doing about 5,200 packages a day right now.

I realize misloads are a problem for the customers, an annoyance for the drivers, and cost the company money, but consider that 8 in 5,200 means that we are loading with a daily accuracy rate of 99.9 percent. What exactly are they expecting from us? 100% might be an admirable goal but it is not realistic or human and to threaten us on the basis of that seems ridiculous and cruel, especially given the amount of time within which we have to load. What's wrong with this place?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I had 13 yesterday

Seriously???

Man. I'm certainly not the @Bestsorteralive , but come on over to my set of trucks. I could certainly do you better than that.

OP, it must be the issue of the day at your center. They'll harp on that for a couple weeks, then switch to attendance. Or scan rates. Or XYZ.

Do the best you can, and don't sweat it. Especially if you're new. It gets easier, promise.

Seriously???

Man. I'm certainly not the @Bestsorteralive , but come on over to my set of trucks. I could certainly do you better than that.

OP, it must be the issue of the day at your center. They'll harp on that for a couple weeks, then switch to attendance. Or scan rates. Or XYZ.

Do the best you can, and don't sweat it. Especially if you're new. It gets easier, promise.
It gave me a boatload of overtime in am easy day
Misload away.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Can they fire you for misloads?
Our PT sup says the higher-ups are really raking him over the coals about our misloads and that soon he might have to start using "negative reinforcement" on us which I assume means discipline.
For context, we are hovering around 7 or 8 misloads per day spread out across the whole building. Our building is doing about 5,200 packages a day right now.

I realize misloads are a problem for the customers, an annoyance for the drivers, and cost the company money, but consider that 8 in 5,200 means that we are loading with a daily accuracy rate of 99.9 percent. What exactly are they expecting from us? 100% might be an admirable goal but it is not realistic or human and to threaten us on the basis of that seems ridiculous and cruel, especially given the amount of time within which we have to load. What's wrong with this place?
The misload goal is 1/3000 at my hub. If you guys are getting 8 out of every 5200 then that puts you at 1/650. Heads would roll with that kind of frequency.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I remember someone mentioning the internal figure was 1 misload per 13,000. Which is close to 2 per month.
Our center processes 35,000 packages a day and get roughly 5 misloads, most of which come from our newly hired pool.
The building as a whole processes over 100,000 packages a day and often rakes in more than 100 misloads.

Just ignore the building performance. Most of the misloads are from new hires because these sups are absolute shieeeeed at training anything and they refuse to train preloaders with other preloaders.

Last edited:

not.sneezy

Someone on monday had 27 misloads, how is that humanly possible i have no idea. But i was impressed. he also only had 2 mental breakdowns and started throwing, kicking and throwing :censored2:.

BrownBob

The misload goal is 1/3000 at my hub. If you guys are getting 8 out of every 5200 then that puts you at 1/650. Heads would roll with that kind of frequency.

It still does not strike me as a lot of misloads but who am I to decide such things.
I think a big reason we have "so many" is because our building is terrible. I understand we are a smaller center but our building literally looks like a shed. There's barely any room to load at all. And since this is something that will clearly never get fixed idk what they want us to do.
My main question though is can they actually fire you for it. I've heard people say yes and no.

upschuck

It still does not strike me as a lot of misloads but who am I to decide such things.
I think a big reason we have "so many" is because our building is terrible. I understand we are a smaller center but our building literally looks like a shed. There's barely any room to load at all. And since this is something that will clearly never get fixed idk what they want us to do.
My main question though is can they actually fire you for it. I've heard people say yes and no.
Do you guess have those scanners things?