Misloads

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It still does not strike me as a lot of misloads but who am I to decide such things.
I think a big reason we have "so many" is because our building is terrible. I understand we are a smaller center but our building literally looks like a shed. There's barely any room to load at all. And since this is something that will clearly never get fixed idk what they want us to do.
My main question though is can they actually fire you for it. I've heard people say yes and no.

I would think yes.
If they tell you not to misload, slow down. The reason you are making mistakes is because you are trying to meet their production standards.

I've been there.
Do your thing, and do the job right.
We're hourly here.​

upschuck

There is 1 person who stands at the start of the belt and scans every package as it is unloaded off the trailer. It prints off the SPA label or whatever it's called and they stick it on.
Most places, each preloader has a scanner and scans each package they put in truck, and if they are in the wrong truck, it squeals at them.

upschuck

Oh, no we don't have that.
Then about all you can do is slow down and double check each package that is placed in the PC.

BTW, I don't know anyone that has been fired for misloads. That cannot be the first step either, 1st has to be a warning letter, 2nd would be a suspension, and then finally a firing.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Then about all you can do is slow down and double check each package that is placed in the PC.

BTW, I don't know anyone that has been fired for misloads. That cannot be the first step either, 1st has to be a warning letter, 2nd would be a suspension, and then finally a firing.
I thought a verbal was the first step?
My main question though is can they actually fire you for it. I've heard people say yes and no.
Absolutely, although it usually only happens to new hires.

It gave me a boatload of overtime in am easy day
Misload away.
I love misloads. I make thousands of Dollars every month just running misloads around the county. I do have to admit that some days I would just as soon be off of work then have to drive another 20 miles and an hour just to make service on another misload. Why is it most misloads are oversize and or overweights? Seems like a lot of extra work to load into the wrong truck.

I love misloads. I make thousands of Dollars every month just running misloads around the county. I do have to admit that some days I would just as soon be off of work then have to drive another 20 miles and an hour just to make service on another misload. Why is it most misloads are oversize and or overweights? Seems like a lot of extra work to load into the wrong truck.
What cracks me up is they go all bananas over one missed misload and we have a pile of NIB everyday

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
What cracks me up is they go all bananas over one missed misload and we have a pile of NIB everyday

Unless its Surepost. Our management couldn't give two :censored2:s if there were 40 Surepost misloads every day. I had 2 today and 1 yesterday. Never heard anything about them but saw a big bin filled with Surepost misloads back in the building.

Ghost in the Darkness

Here they don't address misloads with preloaders, they don't read any precomm messages either. They just harass the driver if they don't find the misloads quickly enough in their bulked out trucks. Pos sups need to be able to leave work when they want to everyday.

Siveriano

Just tell them that you only have 2 work methods, GOOD AND FAST and let them choose.
Ps. not matter what they choose always do GOOD.

PTPunchingBag

Can they fire you for misloads?
Our PT sup says the higher-ups are really raking him over the coals about our misloads and that soon he might have to start using "negative reinforcement" on us which I assume means discipline.
For context, we are hovering around 7 or 8 misloads per day spread out across the whole building. Our building is doing about 5,200 packages a day right now.

I realize misloads are a problem for the customers, an annoyance for the drivers, and cost the company money, but consider that 8 in 5,200 means that we are loading with a daily accuracy rate of 99.9 percent. What exactly are they expecting from us? 100% might be an admirable goal but it is not realistic or human and to threaten us on the basis of that seems ridiculous and cruel, especially given the amount of time within which we have to load. What's wrong with this place?
As long as you’re union, they cannot fire you for misleads depending on your contract language. I once had 27 misloads during peak, but I’m still at UPS. If your building is only pushing 5,200, everyone should take 10 minutes at the end of the shift with a marker and check for misloads if supes are that upset about it. I do that sometimes, I recently had 6 misloads in a day. If people are helping you and putting boxes in your cars, you’re not responsible and they might say it came from your scanner but my supes are down my throat if I get slammed and don’t scan the boxes I leave out. You’ll most likely be fine, it’s probably just another scare tactic.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
You can ask any driver.....we’d rather walk up to 40 pkgs stacked outside and a well loaded car....then have everything in and crap everywhere. In that scenario it takes us about 5 minutes to finish loading and it will be done properly. Take the time to do a high quality job. Especially on the first 4 shelves and RDR RDL MFR MFL. We all know the preload workload is unreasonable, you just have to remember that whatever you do incorrectly, we drivers have to correct. It’s literally passing more work onto a union brother or sister when you load like crud.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
As long as you’re union, they cannot fire you for misleads depending on your contract language. I once had 27 misloads during peak, but I’m still at UPS. If your building is only pushing 5,200, everyone should take 10 minutes at the end of the shift with a marker and check for misloads if supes are that upset about it. I do that sometimes, I recently had 6 misloads in a day. If people are helping you and putting boxes in your cars, you’re not responsible and they might say it came from your scanner but my supes are down my throat if I get slammed and don’t scan the boxes I leave out. You’ll most likely be fine, it’s probably just another scare tactic.

I'm kind of speechless... 27?
How many trucks did they give you?

My record is six, and that was with two people who came over and "helped" me during last peak.

Y'all got to find some backbone and tell your supervisor that you're working safe.
Not sure if the language is all the same, but for my local, Article 12 says that the supervisors are there to supervise, not to increase performance.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Oh, no we don't have that.
So......
If you get help wrapping up at the end of the day or if drivers come up and wrap up when you're told to punch out then youre home free. They need to prove who loaded the misload(s). Without scanners at the vehicles they are out of luck no matter what time it was spad in the primary.