Missing work. "Flash Flood"

oldngray

nowhere special
The OP needs to get on Google Earth, find his location and applicable "roads" and print those pictures to take to your supe.
49-photos-2375.jpg

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Just because you never encountered it doesn't mean it never happens.
I think that's my problem with the supervisor I live in an area that gets way more water than any other creek and they just don't believe me. I'm looking at a river with white water rapids and they are picturing a little stream in a meadow.

Oak

Some people that don't live in rural areas just don't get it. Turn around, DON"T DROWN.

This last flooding event in the midwest was historic. Began 4/26, then got really serious 4/29. I know several people that still can't get out. Low water slab crossings, the slab is completely gone. Many highway bridges completely washed away. Some of them even 30-40 feet over the water, 300' to 400' in length. Interstates closed for days.

babboo25

Banned
Would you try and drive thru that in a pkg car? Nope! Sure as hell wouldn't in your personal car. You have pics, safety first, stop worrying.

iruhnman630

I'm going to be the bad guy here....

Why should your employer be expected to plan around your choice of living situation?

You knew this would be an issue.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I'm going to be the bad guy here....

Why should your employer be expected to plan around your choice of living situation?

You knew this would be an issue.
I have to agree. What if the road was flooded 300 days a year? The company needs people to show up and do their job. If this is an ongoing issue you need to either find a new place to live, have an alternate route, or park a car somewhere so you can get to work.

If this was in town and the roads were flooded then that's one thing, but you choose to live out in a rural area.

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
Order a package and see what your center team tells the driver that brings it what to do.
This is a valid response, it validates the ol' "walk a mile in my shoes" deal.

Some people that don't live in rural areas just don't get it. Turn around, DON"T DROWN.

QUOTE]
Being from Arizona this happens to people a few times a year too, July and August is our rainy season, and man it pours...Don't be a fool, the canal's no pool...

I have to agree. What if the road was flooded 300 days a year? The company needs people to show up and do their job. If this is an ongoing issue you need to either find a new place to live, have an alternate route, or park a car somewhere so you can get to work.

If this was in town and the roads were flooded then that's one thing, but you choose to live out in a rural area.
It makes me wonder who's side some of you guys are on sometimes. 300 days a year is an extreme and totally different situation; and a horrible comparison. Wouldn't you think that it would take years to build a house behind a wash that is impassable 300 days a year? In reality, if you can only get at it 65 days a year, on a 5 month build time, it would take about 2.5 years to build.
Anyways, we have an employee at our center who lives in this same type of situation, and misses work due to this problem about 3-5 times a year. If UPS can somehow survive with this generation of dumb kids who think a no call no show is no big deal, they can survive a couple days without a quality employee who wants to work and is willing to do the job.

22.34life

People on here kill me,if it's flooded park ur car one block from from the hub and leave 8 hours before work and walk to ur car.buy a h1 hummer on a p/t 15,000/year so u can drive through anything.u should move,like one block from work so u can never be flooded out.gimma a break