Mngt Coming in From Retirement for Peak Job??? (on topic)

rod

Retired 22 years
I've been retired too long so they don't want me (wouldn't do it anyway). I wonder what kind of arrangement was made with the Union for the hourly guys who are coming back. Do they have to pay a months worth of dues? Initiation fees again? Does it affect their monthly pension check? Are they in danger of losing their pension because they have returned to work in the delivery business?

By The Book

Have not heard of any mgmt. But several drivers who retired in the last few months are coming back. 30 an hour, 8 hours a day. Might be ok, with those hours.
More like $50.00 an hour for me . I'm now in the power position to demand more., if not use the darn part-timers like your supposed to. Train them and use them.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I've been retired too long so they don't want me (wouldn't do it anyway). I wonder what kind of arrangement was made with the Union for the hourly guys who are coming back. Do they have to pay a months worth of dues? Initiation fees again? Does it affect their monthly pension check? Are they in danger of losing their pension because they have returned to work in the delivery business?
The union probably robs them blind just like helpers.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
The union probably robs them blind just like helpers.

I got a letter in early August from my local stating that between August 1 and January 31, suspension of benefits would be waived.

As for dues, I don't know.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Saw one center manager who will be helper coordinator. He left ups cause he had enough of the no common sense rule.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
And a golf cart.
images-4.jpeg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
6 hour workdays and no packages over 20lbs?

That's way too many.

Four hours, NDA letters only, no shave, no uniform (I'll wear my old helper jacket) and I use my truck with mileage (heat, radio and comfort).

And, I'll cut them a break and do it for 30 bucks an hour.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's way too many.

Four hours, NDA letters only, no shave, no uniform (I'll wear my old helper jacket) and I use my truck with mileage (heat, radio and comfort).

And, I'll cut them a break and do it for 30 bucks an hour.
Ahh well...instead, you get to enjoy your grandson's first Christmas...much more important ;)