Must Pick up Ground Packages

Nick9075

Then my drivers will take a pay cut.

Would they stay then ??probably have no other options. I decided to stay on until after peak and then sell but I am quickly realizing more way more trouble than worth impossible to find anyone qualified who won't completely botch service on any given occasion

bbsam

Staff member
Would they stay then ??probably have no other options. I decided to stay on until after peak and then sell but I am quickly realizing more way more trouble than worth impossible to find anyone qualified who won't completely botch service on any given occasion
We don't seem to be having that problem. We get alot of part time firemen and some school bus drivers that work well. Sometimes we have to work around some scheduling but a. Can usually make it work out. Not everyone is needed 7:30 to 5. In fact, more and more I need people for later pickups anyway.

fessup

I was told by our district director that picking up ground packages is "contract interference" - Fedex has a contract with an independent contractor to pick up ground packages and Fedex is breaking that contract if xpress crr picks it up, takes it back to the station and gives it to another independent contractor. I pick up ground pkgs at drop boxes but refuse to do it at a business.

bbsam

Staff member
I was told by our district director that picking up ground packages is "contract interference" - Fedex has a contract with an independent contractor to pick up ground packages and Fedex is breaking that contract if xpress crr picks it up, takes it back to the station and gives it to another independent contractor. I pick up ground pkgs at drop boxes but refuse to do it at a business.

Good point. Those are supposed to be proprietary areas.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
And, it sure seems to me that Ground practically refuses to do on call pick ups. I know they don't pup until the next bus. day.

dezguy

And, it sure seems to me that Ground practically refuses to do on call pick ups. I know they don't pup until the next bus. day.

I actually had a ground driver tell me to go pick up a package of his at the hospital. He made a del there and they had a pup for him but since he didn't have a call for it, he wouldn't grab it. I laughed at him and told him it wasn't my job to fix his mistake for being an ass.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

It sounds like Fred needs to start reimbursing contractors for Express stealing Ground revenue. Let me know when you get your check.

fredup

The ground guy in my area mis=delivers all the time. should i retrieve that for him too? BTW, i pick up nothing I cannot scan/

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
If I have customers that have a problem with Ground, I just give them the phone number which is the direct line to the Ground terminal. Forget wasting time with some idiot at the call center in San Salvador.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If I have customers that have a problem with Ground, I just give them the phone number which is the direct line to the Ground terminal. Forget wasting time with some idiot at the call center in San Salvador.

WAD. Direct them to San Salvador so they can experience maximum frustration before being angered a second time having to talk to the Ground terminal.

Overpaid Union Thug

Aren't FedEx Express drivers paid by the hour? If so......why would anyone care whether or not the ground packages they are paid BY THE HOUR to pick up are also being credited to the Ground drivers for their pay? The only issue I see here is an apparent flaw in the entire business model for FedEx Ground. Fred S should have a problem with essentially paying two different drivers to handle the same packages.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Aren't FedEx Express drivers paid by the hour? If so......why would anyone care whether or not the ground packages they are paid BY THE HOUR to pick up are also being credited to the Ground drivers for their pay? The only issue I see here is an apparent flaw in the entire business model for FedEx Ground. Fred S should have a problem with essentially paying two different drivers to handle the same packages.
It's the principle of the matter. If Smith wants to keep Ground and Express separate to keep the union away then he can't have it both ways. That's where I have a problem picking up Ground's packages. I might just as well have a customer ask me to sweep and mop beffore I leave their location after a pickup.

bbsam

Staff member
Apparently he can have it both ways if the only provision in the law is that Ground not pick up Express.

Overpaid Union Thug

It's the principle of the matter. If Smith wants to keep Ground and Express separate to keep the union away then he can't have it both ways. That's where I have a problem picking up Ground's packages. I might just as well have a customer ask me to sweep and mop beffore I leave their location after a pickup.

Well, until you are actually asked to sweep and mop I'd just look at it as an opportunity to make a little more money. Because I don't think refusing to pick them up is an option. Right? I'm waiting to see if Ground drivers end up servicing Express packages. LOL!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I don't think refusing to pick them up is an option. Right?

Wrong.
I never take ground pkgs. I just tell the customer that I can't scan them (which, I can't) and that if the pkg. disappears, there will never be any electronic (tracking) proof that I ever touched it.

Overpaid Union Thug

Wrong.
I never take ground pkgs. I just tell the customer that I can't scan them (which, I can't) and that if the pkg. disappears, there will never be any electronic (tracking) proof that I ever touched it.

I love it! And there is the flaw in the business model. Thats just more ammo I can use to discourage customers from jumping ship. :)

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Ha.
You know how many times I've seen UPS Ground pkgs. sitting in offices for return and the UPS guy purposefully leaves it?